Report: Broncos, Browns, Jets targeting Kaepernik in trade

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rg3 getting 7.5 mil per throws a wrench into the jets plans with fitz. they have less leverage.

they never had leverage. And yet, somehow people still perpetuate that Fitz is awful. He may not get +$7.5mm. But he has already made it further than Griffin is likely to ever do

they never had leverage. And yet, somehow people still perpetuate that Fitz is awful. He may not get +$7.5mm. But he has already made it further than Griffin is likely to ever do

They have more leverage than Fitz does. He doesn't appear to have another suitor. I guess he can retire, but that's not exactly great leverage.

@RossTuckerNFL

One hold-up in Broncos trade for Kap is they want him to take a reduced contract according to @MikeKlis on @SiriusXMNFL. Hadn't heard that.

Same reason the trade with the Browns fell apart. Kap is owed a ton of money and isn't giving it up. Honestly I don't blame him. His salary is guaranteed for injury and he's unlikely to pass a physical by 4/1 so he's going to get paid if he doesn't budge on his contract. I totally understand why teams would want him to take a cut, too. Sometimes things don't work out for reasons like this. Oh, and on the off chance he does pass his physical and SF releases him, he'll be able to sign a contract much like what's being offered.

Would just like to point out

Tyrod Taylor would probably the starting QB of the bronco's right now had he not come to Buffalo.

I'd like to point out that he'd also be under contract for 2 more years had he gone to Denver instead of 1 by coming to Buffalo.