Duffs

Gordio

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm starving for wings and stuck with B-dubs in Cbus.

Bar Bill and Gabriel's Gate ftw

Been to Harry Buffalo over at Sunbury Rd & 161? They're way better than B dubs IMO. Another place that has surprisingly good wings in Cbus is Pint House over in the short north. I usually go a little off the beaten path with the flavor at both those places and get their buffalo garlic parm and they're pretty good.

Been to Harry Buffalo over at Sunbury Rd & 161? They're way better than B dubs IMO. Another place that has surprisingly good wings in Cbus is Pint House over in the short north. I usually go a little off the beaten path with the flavor at both those places and get their buffalo garlic parm and they're pretty good.

no I have never had wings at either one. I will check them out! I actually went to Pint House after a hockey game but didn't eat there. Thanks for the tip. Edited by YoloinOhio

UB has been frustrating to watch this year but when you consider the dumpster fire their off-season was, with Hurley leaving and taking his best player with him and others transferring out, then Moss getting expelled for stealing from dorms, it's a miracle they aren't dead last in the MAC. This UB team was literally put together in one season. If they hang on they finish 4th and get a double bye in the MAC tourney. Coach Nate Oats is a candidate for MAC coach of the year.

As for Duffs, I had a plate last time I was home at the Eastern Hills location and they were the best wings I've had in years. 24 years living in New England where no one has a clue on how to fry a wing, having Duff's wings made me tear up.

Okay so my friend work gave me 2 tickets to the UB Basketball game last night. So I went home from work, picked up my son & off we went. We didn't have dinner so my son who loves Duff's wanted to stop there. I try to stay away from the greasy food during the week & try to eat healthy but I thought yeah what the heck. So we get there, the place is pretty packed for a Tuesday night. We get seated & we order a triple order of wings. My son likes them mild so we got them mild. I had a pepsi, he had a loganberry. Anybody that thinks Duffs wings are good I dont know what to say. These were horrible. I could think of 10 other places right off the top of my head that have better wings than Duffs. Honestly I really don't know how they get mentioned anytime someone brings up the best wing places to go in WNY. + they are overpriced. I get the bill, for a triple order of wings & two drinks I eneded up paying $45.

That sucks dude.....I lived in Buffalo Late 80s early 90s used to have Duffs, and a pizza from Tops every weekend with my mom, I thought they were great and they were cheap back then at least according to my mom, I was a kid tho so was it nostalgia or did Duffs start to suck over time? last time i remember eating there was in 94

FYI UB beat Bowling Green last night and locked up the #3 seed and a bye in the MAC tournament. Considering the offseason, this should be considered a miracle worthy of sainthood by the Vatican.

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2016/3/4/11164534/mid-american-conference-2016-tournament-set

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I will also give Bar Bill the nod for restaurant wings........they are very good. Beef on Weck is very good there too, you gotta' get both.

The wings we have at the tailgate every week are just as good though........Fryer Bob knows that you gotta' leave them in a little longer.

Duffs generally aren't bad....sometimes I stop there after I leave the airport........they just opened a Henrietta location in Rochester so gotta' try that soon. Their Toronto locations not as good, but food in Canada generally sucks if you are used to WNY.

Anchor Bar opened a location in the Venetian in Las Vegas in the past year.....anyone tried that one? Their attempt at a Henrietta location in Marketplace Mall yielded utterly inedible slimy wings and soon tanked.

The best non-Buffalo style wings I've had are the Honey Wings at Mark's BBQ restaurants in Louisville KY........I think they use a fine rice flour to achieve a fake super-crisp chicken skin under a real honey coating. Awesome wings.

Middletown Tavern in Naples NY has a very good non-Buffalo wing too......vinegar/tomato based sauce but not bbq.

Biggest thing that grinds my gears when I get wings is when you get two pieces of rubbery celery with em.

Is this stuff really that expensive? Are they just too lazy to cut it? When I was a kid there would always be adequate amounts of cruncy celery and carrots, now not so much. What do ya want for twelve bucks I guess. Pathetic.

I'm not a fan of Duffs. Last time I was there on Sheridan they tasted like the fryer oil hadn't been changed in a month. For what places charge for these you would think they wouldn't cheap out.

Bar bills nope. That three inches of breading or whatever it is is disgusting. Soaked up so much of that ridiculously hot sauce it was insane. And you can always count at least three of those mutated retarded pigeon wings.

I'm not all negative though Gabriel's gates were always good although it's been awhile.

PTR is having his own conversation. It seems to be going well too.

I had wings at Buffalo Wild Wings not long ago because I'm a moron and was starving. I'd never been there but I figured if 100 Texans were shoving these things down their gullets in a city where theres plenty of great eats, how bad could these things be? Four of the 10 or how ever many come in a Large had little feathers stuck to them. Didn't touch them. The others I did consume, to my shame. Best $33 I ever spent.

I had wings at Buffalo Wild Wings not long ago because I'm a moron and was starving. I'd never been there but I figured if 100 Texans were shoving these things down their gullets in a city where theres plenty of great eats, how bad could these things be? Four of the 10 or how ever many come in a Large had little feathers stuck to them. Didn't touch them. The others I did consume, to my shame. Best $33 I ever spent.

<gulp>

I really like the wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. Especially the mango habanero ones.

HAHAHA!!!! "it seems to be going well too."

I somehow manage to get drug to Buffalo Wild Wings on a occasion and the sauce coverage is spotty at best, it's like the sauce is coming out of the waitstaffs pay or something. The sizes vary within one single serving of wings and at least at the one I go to, flagging down a server is like trying to cross hwy 5 after a Bills game. The word I would use to describe this place is 'inconsistent."

The only thing it has going for it, is a decent beer selection and it's the only place I can find Red Hook Audible Ale (aka: their Game Changer).

I will also give Bar Bill the nod for restaurant wings........they are very good. Beef on Weck is very good there too, you gotta' get both.

The wings we have at the tailgate every week are just as good though........Fryer Bob knows that you gotta' leave them in a little longer.

Duffs generally aren't bad....sometimes I stop there after I leave the airport........they just opened a Henrietta location in Rochester so gotta' try that soon. Their Toronto locations not as good, but food in Canada generally sucks if you are used to WNY.

Anchor Bar opened a location in the Venetian in Las Vegas in the past year.....anyone tried that one? Their attempt at a Henrietta location in Marketplace Mall yielded utterly inedible slimy wings and soon tanked.

The best non-Buffalo style wings I've had are the Honey Wings at Mark's BBQ restaurants in Louisville KY........I think they use a fine rice flour to achieve a fake super-crisp chicken skin under a real honey coating. Awesome wings.

Middletown Tavern in Naples NY has a very good non-Buffalo wing too......vinegar/tomato based sauce but not bbq.

So true

Plus, for some sick reason most Canadians like their wings to be heavily breaded which makes me sick. Plus they get stupid flavors on them like cotton candy

Most Canadians cant appreciate good wings

CBF

The thread did begin with a UB basketball game Gordio went to, so these updates count as staying on topic. :P

FYI semis on tonight on WatchESPN 9pm vs. Ohio. Go Bulls. And women's team also in the semis vs. Akron. WatchESPN @ 12 noon.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Always amazes me how people love to judge food.

"Oh sure the banner may be torn and the wind's gotten colder. Perhaps I've grown a little cynical, but I know no matter what the waitress brings I shall drink it and always be full. Yeah, I will drink it and always be full."

Especially when there are a zillion ways to make a wing. The rest is mental masturbation. You eat the wing and move on. It's a fooging wing!

The thread did begin with a UB basketball game Gordio went to, so these updates count as staying on topic. :P

Ha! Keep the updates coming!!!!