good news on the ralph..

. We can now. Think small, be small.

After the fiasco in Jacksonville,I don't think you will ever see another small market team get a Superbowl.

Goodell states they want 30,000 hotel rooms for Super Bowls, Minnesota was awarded a Super Bowl to get the new stadium, and hotel space was a massive sticking point and they have 20,000. And they will get in once evry other decade if they are lucky, as they did nearly 20 years,

BTW, All of WNY is a little under 10,000. And i cant see a bunch of cruise ships pulling into Buffalo to supply rooms like Jacksonville did.

Have to be realistic and say I don't care what the stadium looks like, the region just can not handle a Superbowl. Green Bay ain't ever getting one either...even if they threw a cover over Lambeau.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the fiasco in Jacksonville,I don't think you will ever see another small market team get a Superbowl.

Goodell states they want 30,000 hotel rooms for Super Bowls, Minnesota was awarded a Super Bowl to get the new stadium, and hotel space was a massive sticking point and they have 20,000. And they will get in once evry other decade if they are lucky, as they did nearly 20 years,

BTW, All of WNY is a little under 10,000. And i cant see a bunch of cruise ships pulling into Buffalo to supply rooms like Jacksonville did.

Have to be realistic and say I don't care what the stadium looks like, the region just can not handle a Superbowl. Green Bay ain't ever getting one either...even if they threw a cover over Lambeau.

You are a little off on hotel rooms in WNY. 15,000 plus and growing.

You can always just pee directly into the floor drains. The bathrooms still have those.

That didn't go well for George Costanza.

"It was right there!"

can we also put to rest the delusion that the Super Bowl will ever be played in Buffalo?

I second that motion. Let's bring it to a floor vote.

I was not aware the Jax SB was considered a failure. I thought using cruise ships as floating hotels was a clever and effective solution. Not saying that's an option for Buffalo in winter. But wouldn't hotel space in NF,ON count?

I was not aware the Jax SB was considered a failure. I thought using cruise ships as floating hotels was a clever and effective solution. Not saying that's an option for Buffalo in winter. But wouldn't hotel space in NF,ON count?

There were numerous complaints about the Jax SB.......

I don't think so. The border crossings (road-wise, and Customs-wise) can barely handle everyday traffic. They could never handle 10,000+ rooms of people going back and forth from NF to OP or downtown.

Cool idea, if someone had a trick to make it work.

its not just the rooms though.

Convention space and pretty much no attractions for all the wealth. Are we going to take all the celebrities around in a shuttle and show them the "architecture"? February is normally a special kind of miserable here weather-wise.

We cant even get an NHL All Star Game.

A new state of the art, retractable roof stadium with all the bells and whistles will really put Buffalo on the map! Just look at what it did for Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook!

"But Main Street's still all cracked and broken...."

"Sorry Mom, the mob has spoken!"

MONORAIL!

A new state of the art, retractable roof stadium with all the bells and whistles will really put Buffalo on the map! Just look at what it did for Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook!

It's more a Shelbyville kind of idea.

Convention space and pretty much no attractions for all the wealth. Are we going to take all the celebrities around in a shuttle and show them the "architecture"? February is normally a special kind of miserable here weather-wise.

Well actually we ARE getting the NHL all star game on the 50th anniversary for the Sabres founding. (2019 or 2020) As for what will people do, I think Indianapolis (the Sin City of the plains) gave us a template. You create attractions in a "Super Bowl City" district. Canalside is a start.

It's more a Shelbyville kind of idea.

Well actually we ARE getting the NHL all star game on the 50th anniversary for the Sabres founding. (2019 or 2020) As for what will people do, I think Indianapolis (the Sin City of the plains) gave us a template. You create attractions in a "Super Bowl City" district. Canalside is a start.

talking about a downtown domed stadium is akin to all the BASS PRO pie in the sky nonsense.. good thing that never came to fruition.. and yes, canalside is great and well within what the reality of the area offers.

Edited by dwight in philly

talking about a downtown domed stadium is akin to all the BASS PRO pie in the sky nonsense.. good thing that never came to fruition.. and yes, canalside is great and well within what the reality of the area offers.

Bigger than Bass Pro.. I suggest.

"Football only" downtown stadiums are failing economically for the tax payers paying their bonds. I dream of the day where a failed downtown stadium adds property tax to my mortgage [sarcasm].

If you can have a NFL team and a MLB team in the stadium, it will succeed financially. Obviously, that's not happening here.

stephen a smith was whining about the nba all star game being in Toronto, and how cold it was so he didn't want to leave his hotel room. I can't even imagine the media whining if the SB was in buffalo :lol: These people want everything in south Florida. Edited by YoloinOhio

stephen a smith was whining about the nba all star game being in Toronto, and how cold it was so he didn't want to leave his hotel room. I can't even imagine the media whining if the SB was in buffalo :lol: These people want everything in south Florida.

Evander Kane would be placed on IR with a terminal hangover reported as a "lower body injury".

Bigger than Bass Pro.. I suggest.

"Football only" downtown stadiums are failing economically for the tax payers paying their bonds. I dream of the day where a failed downtown stadium adds property tax to my mortgage [sarcasm].

If you can have a NFL team and a MLB team in the stadium, it will succeed financially. Obviously, that's not happening here.

What NFL and MLB teams share new stadiums anymore?

I thought we couldn't get one because the NHL knows we're they're top US market in terms of TV ratings, etc..............So, they keep going to the lower markets to pump them up.

stephen a smith was whining about the nba all star game being in Toronto, and how cold it was so he didn't want to leave his hotel room. I can't even imagine the media whining if the SB was in buffalo :lol: These people want everything in south Florida.

I do too. Hurricanes, mosquitoes, tornadoes, global warming (saw one global warming map where Florida disappears), etc. I want all in South Florida.