Scathing article in NYDN on Peyton Manning

YoloinOhio

What have I obfuscated? You even agreed that the racial aspect was unnecessary, which is what I called out, so what's your issue?

It isn't (to me) a story about race, yet that is all you are talking about.

Why what? What's your question?

You say that there is nothing to talk about, yet, you can't stop yourself from talking about it.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have I obfuscated? You even agreed that the racial aspect was unnecessary, which is what I called out, so what's your issue?

Why what? What's your question?

may I guess ?

What is your interest here?

I just read this whole thing and wow.

But i really have no comment on the subject.

But i certainly do enjoy reading folks takes on the subject matter

It isn't (to me) a story about race, yet that is all you are talking about.

You say that there is nothing to talk about, yet, you can't stop yourself from talking about it.

I didn't bring race into it. I commented on the way in which the author did. What part of that confused you?

Didn't read the article but allow me to say this. I have always disliked Peyton Manning. Between the college incident, the fact that he has openly cheated on his wife in both Indianapolis and Denver (whether they have an open relationship is still unclear), the fact that he has one of the bigger platforms of any athlete in the US and what does he do with his fame, wealth and power? Invest in a terribly sh***y fast food pizza chain owned by a complete douche, the HGH thing, etc. And then after winning the Super Bowl, do we even see his wife? Nope but he does manage to kiss said douche fast food pizza guy and then shill for a sh***y brewery that he's also invested in.

And all along, the narrative amongst Bills fans has always been "Brady, Brady, Brady, wah, wah, wah. What a loser, what a h**o, I hate Brady, blah, blah, but... but Peyton Manning- YOU gotta like Payton Manning, right?" Which of course, only goes to increase my disdain for the guy. Nope. Hate Peyton Manning. Decidedly more than Brady.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Didn't read the article but allow me to say this. I have always disliked Peyton Manning. Between the college incident, the fact that he has openly cheated on his wife in both Indianapolis and Denver (whether they have an open relationship is still unclear), the fact that he has one of the bigger platforms of any athlete in the US and what does he do with his fame, wealth and power? Invest in a terribly sh***y fast food pizza chain owned by a complete douche, the HGH thing, etc. And then after winning the Super Bowl, do we even see his wife? Nope but he does manage to kiss said douche fast food pizza guy and then shill for a sh***y brewery that he's also invested in.

And all along, the narrative amongst Bills fans has always been "Brady, Brady, Brady, wah, wah, wah. What a loser, what a h**o, I hate Brady, blah, blah, but... but Peyton Manning- YOU gotta like Payton Manning, right?" Which of course, only goes to increase my disdain for the guy. Nope. Hate Peyton Manning. Decidedly more than Brady.

This is funny.

Not that there's much correlation, but for some reason this story reminds me of this:

This is funny.

Yeah.. that was funny as ****.

1. like 90% of NFL players, PM did stupid stuff in college (for which he has paid settlements, unlike 85% of NFL players)

2. like 90% of NFL players, PM has allegedly cheated on his wife

3. like 50% of NFL players, he has business investments (I believe his beer comment was spontanious)

But since he won the Superbowl and Peter King wants higher ratings.. well here we are.

I'm neutral on PM. Don't fall for the media rage game. Pay some attention to your loved ones instead.

Yeah.. that was funny as ****.

1. like 90% of NFL players, PM did stupid stuff in college (for which he has paid settlements, unlike 85% of NFL players)

2. like 90% of NFL players, PM has allegedly cheated on his wife

3. like 50% of NFL players, he has business investments (I believe his beer comment was spontanious)

But since he won the Superbowl and Peter King wants higher ratings.. well here we are.

I'm neutral on PM. Don't fall for the media rage game. Pay some attention to your loved ones instead.

pay attention to your loved ones instead? This thread had officially jumped the shark.

iedit

her findings were not a final verdict, it is worth mentioning. this is specifically saying that while she noted this, it is a preliminary finding. a case would have to be held on this. its no different than a warrant or other such legal action in which a judicial review of a situation is expected.

It was not even a finding - it was one side's presentation of evidence without cross-examination of facts or court cross examination. Manning rolled over without making fight of it and probably paid out with another payout coning again probably.

Not that there's much correlation, but for some reason this story reminds me of this:

Thank you- add that to the list, that he used to B word at his offensive line and thrown them under the bus in front of the media. He's always been a B word. And the fact that he somehow managed to become white America's good ol' boy makes me like him so much less.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

she did not win the lawsuit, therefore she lost. with the nda and all things of that matter it is as much a lost that it was settled as it was a win.

i am stretching this statement for a purpose. because if someone can say manning lost the settlement than one could easily say she did, as well.

it does not matter at all that the judge said the case can move forward. it was not a verdict, nor a ruling of resolution to the case. it was simply that the case had legal merit in the civil case - which is actually quite easy to obtain.

The sheer ignorance of the legal system demonstrated by this post is absolutely breathtaking. I don't even know where to start.