McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Does anyone else find it disturbing that a state AG office has nothing better to do than investigate an old bar fight between two groups of drunk douchebags?

I'm with you there! This isn't about law and justice, this smells more like politics.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because McNesby said that he would. Because they just, can, not let it go. It's a perfect stump speech for getting reelected.

yeah I think it's because mcnesby said at the beginning of all this that if he didn't get charged that he'd bring it to the AG. So stupid.

Ummm, why?

Per article "at the request of John McNesby"

I don't think the head of the Philly FOP ought to be able to use the AG's office as his private law firm, but perhaps there's a little more to it.

As was discussed earlier in this thread, in PA a citizen has the right to file a Private Criminal Complaint and if the local prosecutor declines to take it up, they can ask the AG to review the case. So that might be what's happening, in which case, it *is* their legal right under PA law.

I'm with you there! This isn't about law and justice, this smells more like politics.

The AG's office was asked by one of the parties involved in the case to review the case. So they will review it. There is nothing usual about how the AG's office is handling the case. The office will review this case and come to the same conclusion that the Philly's DA office came to.

Keeping this case alive to any extent does no one any good on both sides of the case. This is America. You are entitled to act foolishly even when it is against your own interests.

Could they be thinking Shady got off only because they couldn't charge him and ignore the actions of the police officers? Protecting their own? Or is that giving them too much credit? Yeah, probably too much credit....

and i thought the thread was finally dead...

reading this today , i first thought of all you folks and what each of you might say.

Probably hit a reset on the subject.

Taxpayer money well spent. But it is the right of nut bucket mcNesbian.

I wonder who his backers are within the Union. Is it a few? or is it the many?

It's probably not a matter of stupidity. He wants to look dogged/tenacious to his constituency - someone who will keep on fighting for them, even against long odds.

The problem is that it could backfire if the AG decides to charge the officers for their numerous transgressions.

The problem is that it could backfire if the AG decides to charge the officers for their numerous transgressions.

The odds of the AG charging the officers is as great as you agreeing with WEO on any issue. I'm sure you know the definition of infinitesimal. :pirate:

The odds of the AG charging the officers is as great as you agreeing with WEO on any issue. I'm sure you know the definition of infinitesimal. :pirate:

If I'm Shady's lawyer, I tell the AG to look into charges against the cops. Two can play at that game.

I would be more afraid if I was the Police officers when the AG starts messing around.

The Pennsylvania AG is an absolute shitshow. The woman who holds the office can't technically do anything because her license to practice law in PA is suspended due to misconduct in a previous hot mess of an "investigation".

The AG office agreeing to look at this is a move to mollify the police union who is screaming that no charges were filed and a move to embarrass Philly DA Seth Williams. The AG was mishandling a corruption investigation a couple years ago and Williams complained about the lack of action. The AG (Kathleen Kane) told Williams that if wanted the case he should take it. So he did and got convictions and confessions when the AG was whining about a lack of evidence. He called her out then showed her up, this is her chance to even the score.

Make no mistake this has NOTHING to do with the merits of the McCoy case. It's all about crappy PA politics and the worst AG in history.

The Pennsylvania AG is an absolute shitshow. The woman who holds the office can't technically do anything because her license to practice law in PA is suspended due to misconduct in a previous hot mess of an "investigation".

The AG office agreeing to look at this is a move to mollify the police union who is screaming that no charges were filed and a move to embarrass Philly DA Seth Williams. The AG was mishandling a corruption investigation a couple years ago and Williams complained about the lack of action. The AG (Kathleen Kane) told Williams that if wanted the case he should take it. So he did and got convictions and confessions when the AG was whining about a lack of evidence. He called her out then showed her up, this is her chance to even the score.

Make no mistake this has NOTHING to do with the merits of the McCoy case. It's all about crappy PA politics and the worst AG in history.

I remember hearing about this stuff at the time, but didn't know too much about Williams, much less him calling her out. It's a travesty that she's still AG.

Edited by Doc

I remember hearing about this stuff at the time, but know too much about Williams, much less him calling her out. It's a travesty that she's still AG.

In her 42 page indictment emails are included wherein she says she'll "make Seth pay" and that "it's war" after Williams hired an adversary of hers.

What's truly sad is I don't think shes any worse than most other PA politicians, she's just louder and dumber about it.