McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my first thought after reading that was "smokescreen." Though I wouldn't mind Paul Perkins in the 6th. :-)

But Bills are nicely positioned one slot of ahead of the Jets who are going to be in need of an RB early. They could try to trade up for Elliott in the 1st or Henry in the 2nd or 3rd if they think the Bills want to take a RB. That would be great to get extra picks from them.

Wait, if the Jets trade up because they're afraid the Bills will pick their guy, wouldn't they trade with someone else? If the Bills were willing to trade with them, they'd know they needn't worry? What am I missing here?

Wouldn't surprise me if the Bills took another late round RB similar to last year with Karlos.

Not exactly. Shady could take them to court like Brady did.

Actually I was wrong, only if Charged its a mandatory 6 game suspension. It was agreed to by The Players Union. nothing McCoy could do about it if charged with assault.

What they dont need for suspension is a conviction. If charged, McCoy is screwed.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Actually I was wrong, only if Charged its a mandatory 6 game suspension. It was agreed to by The Players Union. nothing McCoy could do about it if charged with assault.

Yup. Although the Bills could impose their own suspension. But I doubt they would.

Wait, if the Jets trade up because they're afraid the Bills will pick their guy, wouldn't they trade with someone else? If the Bills were willing to trade with them, they'd know they needn't worry? What am I missing here?

Wouldn't surprise me if the Bills took another late round RB similar to last year with Karlos.

it depends how much value the Bills have on say, Derrick Henry or Kenneth Dixon. They could sell the fact they want either of these guys but value the picks in return more. Similar to the Browns wanting Watkins but ultimately the value didn't surpass the picks the Bills were willing to give. The Bills value was much higher on him than the picks given up because they just had to have him. The Bills could tell the Jets they are planning to take Dixon in the 2nd unless they give them something better. For the Jets, they just need the player and will do what it takes. Hypothetically. Edited by YoloinOhio

Yup. Although the Bills could impose their own suspension. But I doubt they would.

I doubt they would. McCoy claims he did nothing wrong. f he isnt charged the Bills would caus problems IMO by suspending him, Plus one big thing is missing from the video, who started the fight.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I doubt they would. McCoy claims he did nothing wrong. f he isnt charged the Bills would caus problems IMO by suspending him, Plus one big thing is missing from the video, who started the fight.

i don't believe there would be a team suspension either if he isn't charged. Kromer was a different situation. It's NFL or nothing with this one IMO.

I'm not sure if the league cares who started it. But you'd need to prove Shady injured someone.

@StepnerWKBW

VIDEO: #Bills RB LeSean McCoy after meeting with Philly DA reps. His lawyer Dennis Cogan: McCoy "did nothing wrong".

Holy Hand Grenade, McNesby is really playing this as "The Ditch He Wants to Die In", isn't he? Did he get too many blows to the head during his 4,500 felony arrests?

"McNesby added that police officers will “lose a lot of respect” for Williams if McCoy isn’t charged with a crime, which could make the fallout from McCoy’s nightclub fight with off-duty police officers go much further than most incidents involving NFL players."

IMHO the police would also lose a lot of respect for Williams if he shows he can be pushed around by McNesby's posturing or led by the nose from an incomplete or misleading police report, or if he prosecutes a case that drags the behavior of Philly's finest through the mud, so Williams might as well cross his ankles and sip an Americano from his Far Side mug as he smiles and takes his time. At the end of the day, the police need the DA as much as the DA needs the police. It's a symbiotic relationship, not a parasitic one.

Interesting that the DA's office is positioning the meeting as a result of McCoy reaching out: "A spokesman for Williams’ office said that the meeting was nothing of the kind. “Anytime an attorney wishes to have their client reach out to us, we do that,” the spokesman said. “That’s part of our investigation. This is not an issue of preferential treatment. This is an issue of conducting a thorough investigation.”

Anyway, IMHO Williams was making a "political statement" when he fired back at McNesby's "frightened" crack by using "I've prosecuted police officers" as an example of how he isn't afraid of hard cases. So if he's willing to fire that shot across the bows, any FPO President who wasn't dropped on his head a few too many times would get the flick that losing the respect of McNesby, or any other police officers, is not exactly keeping Williams up at night.

Punching other players on the field is one thing. Punching people out in public is a different kettle of fish. Even with no video and charges dropped, Kromer still got 6 games. I think you're just telling yourself what you want to hear at this point.

against minors......of which was reported almost immediately by the parents

I think your the one that is reaching

No kidding, especially if there is any truth to the article posted earlier that the 6'4" 250lb cop started things off. I have ZERO idea what to trust, but these are different deals. Suspension? Maybe..... but a different deal entirely. (Not "good", but different.)

I have resisted saying anything because i really do respect police officers. I am also a huge Bills fan.

I have not seen any of the footage. I refuse to watch it to be honest. The one comment i do have is , why does it matter they were off duty police officers? I mean in this day and age we know police can make mistakes just like the rest of us, even more so when you mix alcohol into a scene.

Well put. I haven't seen the footage either and don't pretend to know who was most at fault, nor do I care. It smells of a stupid booze-filled bar misunderstanding/disagreement/fight gone way too far that either the off-duty cops or the high-profile NFL star should have defused and/or walked away from.

Edited by SinceThe70s

my first thought after reading that was "smokescreen." Though I wouldn't mind Paul Perkins in the 6th. :-)

But Bills are nicely positioned one slot of ahead of the Jets who are going to be in need of an RB early. They could try to trade up for Elliott in the 1st or Henry in the 2nd or 3rd if they think the Bills want to take a RB. That would be great to get extra picks from them.

I really hope they dont do that......this is a heavy defensive talent draft

Again. No video on Kromer, he pleaded not guilty, and charges were dropped. Still got 6 games. To think McCoy escapes suspension when there is video of a punch is, at best, naive.

A lot of you act like that admitting a player did something wrong and will probably get suspended will somehow make you less of a fan or something. Weird.

Holy Hand Grenade, McNesby is really playing this as "The Ditch He Wants to Die In", isn't he? Did he get too many blows to the head during his 4,500 felony arrests?

"McNesby added that police officers will “lose a lot of respect” for Williams if McCoy isn’t charged with a crime, which could make the fallout from McCoy’s nightclub fight with off-duty police officers go much further than most incidents involving NFL players."

IMHO the police would also lose a lot of respect for Williams if he shows he can be pushed around by McNesby's posturing or led by the nose from an incomplete or misleading police report, or if he prosecutes a case that drags the behavior of Philly's finest through the mud, so Williams might as well cross his ankles and sip an Americano from his Far Side mug as he smiles and takes his time. At the end of the day, the police need the DA as much as the DA needs the police. It's a symbiotic relationship, not a parasitic one.

Interesting that the DA's office is positioning the meeting as a result of McCoy reaching out: "A spokesman for Williams’ office said that the meeting was nothing of the kind. “Anytime an attorney wishes to have their client reach out to us, we do that,” the spokesman said. “That’s part of our investigation. This is not an issue of preferential treatment. This is an issue of conducting a thorough investigation.”

Anyway, IMHO Williams was making a "political statement" when he fired back at McNesby's "frightened" crack by using "I've prosecuted police officers" as an example of how he isn't afraid of hard cases. So if he's willing to fire that shot across the bows, any FPO President who wasn't dropped on his head a few too many times would get the flick that losing the respect of McNesby, or any other police officers, is not exactly keeping Williams up at night.

Not only that.....if one of these off duty po's actually STARTED the fight.....while drunk......well...what are THEIR consequencies. Not even supposed to have a gun in that place.

Again. No video on Kromer, he pleaded not guilty, and charges were dropped. Still got 6 games. To think McCoy escapes suspension when there is video of a punch is, at best, naive.

A lot of you act like that admitting a player did something wrong and will probably get suspended will somehow make you less of a fan or something. Weird.

I never actually said he would not be suspended

I actually think he will just so the NFL can flex its bicep

but it wont amount to much.....you know that right?

I don't see it that way at all. It's just not the same deal. It has nothing to do with "fandom". It's about the facts of the case. And I don't think he'll necessarily get off without penalty. We shall see.