McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

It's picking up now, and things like that.... I'm on the edge of my seat #shadywatch

@sean_brace

Bars packed, McCoys group just finished eating. Still finishing beers. LeSean not drinking. @PHL_Influencer

Let someone else get the tip LeSean.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scroll down, my friend: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/02/09/lesean-mccoy-a-suspect-in-philadelphia-club-assault/. "Alleged," of course - gotta insert that caveat. Also, look up "McCoy deadspin baby mama". While not a story about hitting a woman, it's priceless nonetheless. There is some sparkling repartee in the tweets between the two parties, one of which is Shady.

Not seeing anything there about McCoy striking a woman?

However, interesting link on different incidents and league response. The first thing that strikes me is how very many of these episodes there have been, despite the league policy. The second thing that assaults my judgement is how different the league response is - some players are released and haven't played in the NFL since, some are suspended, some face no discipline.

I would like to think the differences correlate to the severity of the incident or some factor other than how talented the guy is and how highly teams value him.

Here we go..

@sean_brace

McCoy "I made a mistake" @PHL_Influencer (video coming soon)

Shady's first comments since the incident

http://phillyinfluencer.com/2016/02/lesean-mccoy-i-made-a-mistake/

I listened to the clip, but did not hear him say that. Maybe I missed it.

I did find it interesting that Shady and his group were having dinner at the "Misconduct Tavern."

Shady either has a sense of humor or it was a coincidence (given that it is near the police station apparently).

I listened to the clip, but did not hear him say that. Maybe I missed it.

I did find it interesting that Shady and his group were having dinner at the "Misconduct Tavern."

Shady either has a sense of humor or it was a coincidence (given that it is near the police station apparently).

I listened again and he says it right before the guy says "One more time..."

Really ?

Yes. I honestly couldn't understand a word of what was being said either, and of course it made me think of the airplane jive guys. Great scene from one of the all time funny movies. Hell, even they guy asking McCoy the question couldn't understand him. :lol:

I listened again and he says it right before the guy says "One more time..."

I think I heard it that time now that I knew when to listen. Did he say something like "I made a mistake, what you want me to say" ?

Edited by KDS73

Which do you think hurt worse. The physical pain of getting hit, or the emotional pain of being told you're nothing but a dirty alley girl on twitter for the whole world to see? The latter is what McCoy did to the mother of his child. I can't put myself in a Woman's shoes, but I have to think I'd whole lot rather be punched than have something like that written about me online. Physical pain goes away. Those comments will always be plastered online somewhere. Hell, in the same twitter rant, he basically calls his son a mistake because protection wasn't used. Now his son gets to grow up and read how his father thinks he was an unwanted mistake born from a dirty alley girl. Who's the bigger dirtball again?

i don't know what to say but this may be the most ignorant thing I've ever heard in my life. You honestly think striking your wife / girlfriend is purely physical? I spent a big part of my life watching my mother get busted up and beat every day. I watched her get her feet melted over candles I saw her plead and live in fear along with me and my brother. I still have nightmares every night. I work with charities thru my band we do benefits to educate and expose how mentally devastating domestic violence is with my band. I'm not trying to be rude but this post really pissed me off. You're comparing some Twitter rants to physical abuse??? I work with a national organization called love doesn't hurt, you should check it out. No offense, but if you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't talk at all. Again, I apologize to the members for my rant, but this post made me realize how much work we have to do.

The speed at which a warrant is issued is in no way a comment on the strength or weakness of the evidence for or against a suspect. As is usually the case with high profile incidents, there will be many articles in the press pre-judging guilt or innocence based on little more than rumor, incompetent evidence and reporter bias. Those predisposed against the suspect will find in those reports all the "facts" they need to conclude that the suspect is guilty. Those predisposed to support the suspect will find in those same reports enough "facts" to support a finding of innocence. People are impatient and sound judgment never moves as satisfyingly fast as speculation. If you think that the speed at which a warrant is issued is a significant fact, you are either too impatient to wait for actual facts or perhaps are trolling for something to justify your own predisposition regarding guilt or innocence.

If, during jury selection a juror confessed to a belief that the case against the accused is cut and dried because the arrest warrant was issued expeditiously, that juror would be removed from the jury "for cause".

You are correct that the speed in which a warrant is issued doesn't reflect a strength or weakness of a case. And you are correct that in a high profile case there are going to be a lot of rumors swirling around the case and the courthouse. Certainly legal inferences can't be made by the speed in which a case is pursued and processed.

I don't think it is unreasonable to believe from a police standpoint in such a high profile case that there is more incentive to get the case right than to quickly make a case. It's obvious to the police department that this case involving off-duty officers and a prominent local pro athlete was going to be a high profile case. The department was not likely going to be sloppy and take actions that weren't supported by credible facts and information because of the intense coverage of the case and process.

In a case such as a bar brawl or a brawl in general the scene is chaotic with conflicting claims. In those types of cases it is very difficult and challenging to determine which of the conflicting claims have merit. Yet in this case the police quickly went to the prosecutor for a warrant for the arrest of the McCoy group.

Is it a factor that the alleged victims in this case are police officers and that the investigation is not totally objective? I wouldn't be surprised if it was a factor. But even with an appearance of bias toward the victims the police recognize that their actions are going to be intensely scrutinized. And the same thought processes apply to the prosecutor's office.

My general point is from a legal standpoint your point that the speed of the activity on a warrant shouldn't be considered an indication of guilt or not is a point that can not be challenged. But for those of us who are speculating on this case (which means most of us posting on this issue) it is not unreasonable to speculate how this case will turn out. That's what normally happens on a bulletin board.

I appreciate you comments on this topic. It's obvious you know the law and I respect your knowledge on this topic. But this forum is not necessarily the most appropriate setting where only the details of the law are discussed on a particular case.

Edited by JohnC

i don't know what to say but this may be the most ignorant thing I've ever heard in my life. You honestly think striking your wife / girlfriend is purely physical? I spent a big part of my life watching my mother get busted up and beat every day. I watched her get her feet melted over candles I saw her plead and live in fear along with me and my brother. I still have nightmares every night. I work with charities thru my band we do benefits to educate and expose how mentally devastating domestic violence is with my band. I'm not trying to be rude but this post really pissed me off. You're comparing some Twitter rants to physical abuse??? I work with a national organization called love doesn't hurt, you should check it out. No offense, but if you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't talk at all. Again, I apologize to the members for my rant, but this post made me realize how much work we have to do.

I never said that. The other poster was making it sound like physical abuse was somehow worse than what McCoy ever did. Which isn't true at all. Geez, lighten up Frances. Seems to me like you were in such a hurry to play the knight in shining armor act that you completely missed my point.

Edited by KDS73

He's at a bar???

At a bar named Misconduct. You can't make this stuff up. And I'm guessing it's not a mere coincidence that him and his posse just happened to end up there. :lol:

Edited by KDS73

I never said that. The other poster was making it sound like physical abuse was somehow worse than what McCoy ever did. Which isn't true at all. Geez, lighten up Frances. Seems to me like you were in such a hurry to play the knight in shining armor act that you completely missed my point.

No hard feelings bro, if I took it out of context, I'm sorry. Very sensitive subject for me. Didn't see the other post.