Bills sign CB/PR Javier Arenas

YoloinOhio

http://m.buffalobills.com/s/30841/368?itemUri=-1981761824/15131001214132014315910132

Arenas originally entered the NFL in 2010 as the second round (50th overall) draft pick of the Kansas City Chiefs. The 5-9, 197-pound Alabama product has also spent time with Arizona and Atlanta. Arenas has appeared in 69 games with 12 starts totaling 143 tackles, five sacks, two interceptions, nine quarterback hits, seven tackles for a loss and 24 passes defensed.

Arenas has also totaled 106 punt returns for 1,035 yards and 73 kickoff returns for 1,541 yards.

GG8gDbm.gif

Well played!

FA adds since late season

Jarrett Boykin WR

Javier Arenas CB/PR

James Wilder RB

Lavar Edwards DE

Max Valles DE

Greg Little WR

TJ Barnes NT

I love that Whaley finds players in all places and is always looking. That is a very positive talent for a GM. He finds players in the draft, trade, FA, waiver wire and grocery baggers. All good things! And, he is always looking, trying and taking shots. Not desperate shots, but, solid calculated shots!

Go Bills!!

I don't know. I've heard him on WGR and he just doesn't sound like a GM. It's time to move on.

This is terrible reasoning...

I could care less what anyone in the Bills organization "sounds" like. Whaley just needs to bring in talent. Anything more is meaningless to me. I'm not sure why you care what he sounds like.

This is terrible reasoning...

I could care less what anyone in the Bills organization "sounds" like. Whaley just needs to bring in talent. Anything more is meaningless to me. I'm not sure why you care what he sounds like.

Your sarcasm calcinator is opticating again.

Well played!

I love that Whaley finds players in all places and is always looking. That is a very positive talent for a GM. He finds players in the draft, trade, FA, waiver wire and grocery baggers. All good things! And, he is always looking, trying and taking shots. Not desperate shots, but, solid calculated shots!

Go Bills!!

I agree 100% ! Doug is always on the lookout and never satisfied with the roster. He is always scouring the waiver wire looking to improve the roster

Well played!

Go Bills!!

it's the scouts. it's the agents. then it is whaley.

the scouts find these guys out of college and know these guys. the guy becomes available and the scouts know about him and present him to the team. many of our scouts have been with the team longer than Ryan and Whaley.

the agents are calling teams, calling GM's, saying my guy is willing to come play for you XYZ, here is the tape, he can be there tomorrow on the Greyhound.

Whaley then approves or disproves.

FA adds since late season

Jarrett Boykin WR

Javier Arenas CB/PR

James Wilder RB

Lavar Edwards DE

Max Valles DE

Greg Little WR

TJ Barnes NT

Do Hankerson and Gillislee count, or just guys from January? I think Hankerson was added the last week of December. Gillislee was PS, but activated in December. Regardless, we've already found one seemingly good RB sifting through the clearance bin, and I wouldn't be surprised if another name or two on that list surprise.

the agents are calling teams, calling GM's, saying my guy is willing to come play for you XYZ, here is the tape, he can be there tomorrow on the Greyhound.

Whaley then approves or disproves.

If this is the truth, then this is very scary. Whaley specializes in evaluating pro personnel. If he needs an agent to sell him on a signing, the player's not worth signing.