Spotrac projected contract value for FAs and extensions

YoloinOhio

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/calculating-the-market-value-for-potential-nfl-free-agents-or-extension-candidates/

Interesting

Mario

Calculated: 4 years, $20.5M ($5.1M AAV)

Likely: 4 years, $32M ($8M AAV)

Danny Trevathan

Calculated: 6 years $36M ($6M AAV)

Likely: 6 years $36M ($6M AAV)

Edited by YoloinOhio

@spotrac

Assuming a $154M cap, QB franchise tags are likely $19.7M in 16; est $20M in 17; important barometer for Bradford, Cousins, Luck, Taylor.

Generally speaking, the basis for upfront/GTD $ w/ major extensions involves 2x what the franchise tag would be (i.e. $40M right now).

Benjamin is very affordable

I hope the Bills make a move

CBF

Don't see how they could afford a 5.5 million cap hit with the way their cap is...I LOVE Benjamin...I think he could be a breakout star with the right QB throwing him the ball next year...maybe 1300 or 1400 yards...dude always makes plays even with average to worse QBs throwing to him...

If most of these players sign for these projected numbers OUR cap will be in better shape than most teams. Also, we have done a good job managing our contracts in the Whaley era before AND after seeing this!

Go Bills!!

I'd really like to go after a 2nd TE. Jordan Reed or Travis Kelce would be nice but Vernon Davis might be reasonable, too.

Ya, Reed or Kelce would be great as a 2nd TE at $10/year? $20/year for two TEs (one being Clay)?

Sorry to burst your bubble, its just not plausible.

O Line wasn't in that article too bad. Would have liked to have seen guesses on Glenn & Incognito

I saw Glenn...they said TAG for more time to work deal. Then 5 for $55. Edited by Manther

If most of these players sign for these projected numbers OUR cap will be in better shape than most teams. Also, we have done a good job managing our contracts in the Whaley era before AND after seeing this!

Go Bills!!

Ya, Reed or Kelce would be great as a 2nd TE at $10/year? $20/year for two TEs (one being Clay)?

Sorry to burst your bubble, its just not plausible.

I saw Glenn...they said TAG for more time to work deal. Then 5 for $55.

of course it's not doable.