Josh Gordon Reinstated to the NFL; Must Serve 4 Game Ban

Is he still selling cars at the dealership in Randolph or was that only during his 2014 ban?

no

I would too. I have a gut feeling this kid will figure it out and he'll stay out of trouble.

Why would you think that? He has a pattern of the same issues over and over and over and over at every level since high school.

I don't see the Browns entertaining any trade offers for Gordon. He is a top talent and by all accounts has been well behaved and focused on his return to the NFL (MaryKayCabot has an article about him discussing his behavior).

The Browns are the Browns but they would outdue themselves if they moved Gordon before he restores his value. It's wishful thinking to be able to acquire him for a mid-round pick. More realistic options will be available via FA, look for Sanu or Jones to be visiting Buffalo.

Roman likes trick plays, my money is on Sanu.

Other way around. The Browns were trying to trade him for a year when Banner and Lombardi were here with no takers.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming he's still in great shape... I would absolutely want him on the Bills. The guy was clearly targeted by the league. Pot is going to be legal everywhere soon and this will be one more thing that makes the NFL/Goodell look like the laughable joke of a league it is.

He's a year and a half from smoking pot and a year from having a drink on a plane when he apparently thought he was allowed to. So it seems he may have the issue under control. Like I said before by the start of the season will be two years clean and two years from the DWI that he got which is his only arrest. So he's not a violent wife beating guy.

Well, if only a few people in the world could do the job as well as Stupid, then I bet someone would take the chance on him. Josh Gordon led the league in receiving yards the last time he played almost a whole season. How many WRs can step on the field and be in that class today? Oh and he had crap at QB when he did it.

I meant that in the hypothetical. (Notice I didn't use the name Gordon.) Fans love to use the "I've heard of him!" approach and talk about "zero risk" and such. But it's fair to point out that there is no such thing as zero risk. Every team in the NFL starts out with the same cap resources. The best teams manage their resources (cap, coaches, players) in such a way to put the best team on the field and not on paper. If it doesn't get you more points than the opponent on the scoreboard week in and week out, it's not a good move.

Ok, I'll go ahead and say it -- I'd be willing to give him a look in Buffalo. Some guys do eventually grow up, and if he has, he has sick skills to match with Sammy (who might also be a great influence on him).

all day and all night. git er done Whaley. If InCogs was OK to hire, so is this knucklehead.... Josh Gordon can play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd take him in a 1 year prove it deal. Worked out well with Incognito. They know 1 more strike and they are out of the league so they are on their best behavior. Incognito had his best season yet. Get it done and our #2 receiver option is set for the year and put Woods in the slot