Mock Draft

john_bult

I can see him next to Dareus!! I know I might sound crazy, but after watching him at Eastern Washington, Oregon and now the East/West game Vernon Adams Jr. may be the next Russell Wilson. This kid is accurate on the run, in the pocket and is a straight baller. Draft this kid and let him battle it out with Tyrod and EJ. He can spin the ball as well.

you aren't the only one who thinks that. Many have said if you can get past the "packaging" you will see his full NFL- translatable skill set. He could certainly be the next Tyrod Taylor, if not the next Wilson. IMO

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19: R1P19

ILB REGGIE RAGLAND

ALABAMA

49: R2P18

S VONN BELL

OHIO STATE

80: R3P17

WR WILL FULLER

NOTRE DAME

114: R4P19

WR DE'RUNNYA WILSON

MISSISSIPPI STATE

144: R5P17

K ROBERTO AGUAYO

FLORIDA STATE

174: R6P17

DE BRONSON KAUFUSI

BRIGHAM YOUNG

Would have liked to get another Dlineman or Olineman, but Ragland - Bell would likely be plug and play starters, Fuller gives a deep threat at WR while Wilson is a bigger guy (and both felt like steals in those rounds). Took Aguayo in the 5th because he's a stud and I'm tired of missed extra points.

Would love fuller but he isnt that big body guy everyone is salivating over Edited by Agent 91

OLB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME
DT SHELDON RANKINS
LOUISVILLE
OLB JOSHUA PERRY
OHIO STATE
C MAX TUERK
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
WR BRAXTON MILLER
OHIO STATE
DE MATT JUDON
GRAND VALLEY STATE

DT ROBERT NKEMDICHE

OLE MISS

OLB JAYLON SMITH

NOTRE DAME

WR MICHAEL THOMAS

OHIO STATE

OLB KAMALEI CORREA

BOISE STATE

OT JOE HAEG

NORTH DAKOTA STATE

WR DEVON CAJUSTE

STANFORD

Watching NFLN now. They have a crazy mock draft scrolling across the bottom

Carson Wentz to the Cowboys at 4. Ezekiel Elliot to the g-men at 10.

Bosa 1 goff 2 tunsill 3

I am seeing a lot of Wentz in the top 10 lately. Zeke at 10 is about right (although I think he will go in the teens). He is a way better prospect than Melvin Gordon was. Bosa, Goff and Tunsil seem to be the 1st 3 in some order. I wonder if someone will trade up to take Goff before the Browns?

I am seeing a lot of Wentz in the top 10 lately. Zeke at 10 is about right (although I think he will go in the teens). He is a way better prospect than Melvin Gordon was. Bosa, Goff and Tunsil seem to be the 1st 3 in some order. I wonder if someone will trade up to take Goff before the Browns?

My enjoyment of Wentz has plummeted now that "Big Draft" has got eyes on him. I really can't have nice things.

He wasnt gonna be available to us any way.....and we are not taking a 1st round QB when we just had our starter go to the Pro Bowl

He's just not good enough to be a 1st round QB. The infatuation with skyrocketing QB value will raise expectation and it might destroy his career.

If he's going anywhere in the 1st, Dallas is the spot. Established QB in place. If he's called into action early, he'll get good protection. I just fear that he'll end up somewhere that'll play him from Day 1 and he'll struggle.

He's just not good enough to be a 1st round QB. The infatuation with skyrocketing QB value will raise expectation and it might destroy his career.

If he's going anywhere in the 1st, Dallas is the spot. Established QB in place. If he's called into action early, he'll get good protection. I just fear that he'll end up somewhere that'll play him from Day 1 and he'll struggle.

I would disagree that Wentz is not good enough to be a 1st round QB, IMO he's the most talented of the group overall from a overall skill set, intangible and physically mature standpoint. His ceiling looks like the highest of the prospects at this point.

JMO, he's certainly raw and not a year 1 starter in the NFL, with a steep learning curve coming from the FCS level. Long term, he's got everything one would want talent wise, the tools are there to develop. That step from the FCS to the NFL is a big one and I see that being the difference between him and say Cam Newton in terms of coming in and competing year one. Year two would be a better projection for him competing and starting his development IMO.

I agree expectations will impact his career early good or bad and he'll struggle early, he will benefit from having an entrenched starter in place so he can follow the Aaron Rodgers career path developmentally. Patience in the NFL certainly is lacking...

Long term, he's a 1st round QB, Dallas would be wise to take advantage of this chance to grab a QB while they are in this fortuitous position. So hopefully they do not, lol.

I would disagree that Wentz is not good enough to be a 1st round QB, IMO he's the most talented of the group overall from a overall skill set, intangible and physically mature standpoint. His ceiling looks like the highest of the prospects at this point.

JMO, he's certainly raw and not a year 1 starter in the NFL, with a steep learning curve coming from the FCS level. Long term, he's got everything one would want talent wise, the tools are there to develop. That step from the FCS to the NFL is a big one and I see that being the difference between him and say Cam Newton in terms of coming in and competing year one. Year two would be a better projection for him competing and starting his development IMO.

I agree expectations will impact his career early good or bad and he'll struggle early, he will benefit from having an entrenched starter in place so he can follow the Aaron Rodgers career path developmentally. Patience in the NFL certainly is lacking...

Long term, he's a 1st round QB, Dallas would be wise to take advantage of this chance to grab a QB while they are in this fortuitous position. So hopefully they do not, lol.

You can certainly make a case for him in the 1st given prior years. If Manuel, Ponder, Locker, Gabbert can be 1st rounders so can Carson. From that standpoint, I totally get it. I just don't know that I'm comfortable with him being talked up as a high pick in the 1st given the obstacles he has to overcome. It's not just Carson either, I probably won't have a first round grade on any QB this year.

Given the scheme he played in and the lack of experience, fit matters for him so much. Circumstances have to be perfect for him. As I said, Dallas would be okay from a circumstanial POV. I think Buffalo and Denver are the other ones that make a ton of sense. NDSU have a similar multiple run, run to set up the pass scheme to Greg Roman and his skill set is very Kubiak-friendly. Even if he has to play early, Kubiak can allow him to move the pocket and simplify his reads while he develops.

I like the kid but I'm not sure he's a sure thing. If he's on the board at 19, I think you have to at least consider it but it needs to be with a plan in mind.

DT ROBERT NKEMDICHE

OLE MISS

OLB JAYLON SMITH

NOTRE DAME

WR MICHAEL THOMAS

OHIO STATE

OLB KAMALEI CORREA

BOISE STATE

OT JOE HAEG

NORTH DAKOTA STATE

WR DEVON CAJUSTE

STANFORD

This would be an awesome draft.

You can certainly make a case for him in the 1st given prior years. If Manuel, Ponder, Locker, Gabbert can be 1st rounders so can Carson. From that standpoint, I totally get it. I just don't know that I'm comfortable with him being talked up as a high pick in the 1st given the obstacles he has to overcome. It's not just Carson either, I probably won't have a first round grade on any QB this year.

Given the scheme he played in and the lack of experience, fit matters for him so much. Circumstances have to be perfect for him. As I said, Dallas would be okay from a circumstanial POV. I think Buffalo and Denver are the other ones that make a ton of sense. NDSU have a similar multiple run, run to set up the pass scheme to Greg Roman and his skill set is very Kubiak-friendly. Even if he has to play early, Kubiak can allow him to move the pocket and simplify his reads while he develops.

I like the kid but I'm not sure he's a sure thing. If he's on the board at 19, I think you have to at least consider it but it needs to be with a plan in mind.

Initially in his career, I could not agree more.

I do think long term, his passing skills translate to a high threshold and like Newton can develop into a true pocket passing QB, but unlike Newton who I thought could develop pocket passing skills because of his game tape vs. higher level comp, that tape vs. higher comp doesnt exist with Wentz, hence the rub for me moving forward and why the senior bowl is a huge measuring stick for him IMO.

I've seen enough at his current level to believe he can make the adjustments needed at the next level, so I feel comfortable giving him a high 1st round grade today (the process is young, so things change), but could see why others would not.

I think that having a plan for him, and young QB's in general is crucial. I hate, yet love comparisons, but I think evaluating him individually first is more important than anything.

What do you see his ceiling being?

Nkemdiche will be hard to skip if he lasts to #19. He is one of the difference makers in the draft, assuming he behaves between now and then.

He would be, and I'd have no problem with it, but I'd rather take any of these guys in the 1st, and then take Sheldon Rankins from L-Ville in the 2nd. 1st Rd: Conklin-OT; Smith--LB; Jack--LB; possibly Raggland. (I omitted players likely to not be available when we draft).

Here is my draft from today:

OT JACK CONKLIN
MICHIGAN STATE
DT SHELDON RANKINS
LOUISVILLE
OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
ARIZONA
WR DE'RUNNYA WILSON
MISSISSIPPI STATE
S TRENT MATTHEWS
COLORADO STATE
CB ERIC MURRAY
MINNESOTA
Edited by RyanC883

I think Wentz is heading to the top 10...It's inevitable if his workouts are good...

I have barely looked into the Draft this year, but I saw Wentz available in my Mock at #19 and I took him...I ended up without a LB...But I don't care... :lol:

QB CARSON WENTZ
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
SS JAYRON KEARSE
CLEMSON
WR KENNY LAWLER
CALIFORNIA
DT NILE LAWRENCE-STAMPLE
FLORIDA STATE