49ers Hire Chip Kelly as New HC

I'm not. I didn't tell you to look at efficiency on offense that is other people's argument - not mine. The offense has put up yards and points.... though in reducing numbers each year.... the defense has consistently struggled.

right but hes having a discussion with you and others at the same time, side by side. hes having to address it both ways with the other side from him focusing on a type of stat that makes his argument look the worst.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bahahaha - what, Chipper won't slow down the offense? Vrabes is a smart man.

@johnmiddlekauf

Texans LB coach Mike Vrabel has turned down the #49ers DC job & will stay in Houston per source

Very true. Chip will have a hard time nabbing a difference making DC for exactly that reason. Vrabel's time will come I have no doubt.

if Kelly gets rid of Kap he is an idiot. To me that was the only reason for a guy like Chip to go there.

I think Chip will be very successful there.

i think so too. He was 10-6 his first two years in philly, I believe they were 3-13 or something when he took over? I'm not a big fan of his offenses but I don't think he's a bad coach. His style certainly rubs some players the wrong way, could impact his ability to get some (but not all) FAs. I think he's more of a "build through the draft" guy though anyway.

I think Chip will be very successful there.

Right now it's going to be tough for any coach to be successful in SF. That cupboard is almost bare. The copious cap room they have (plus more coming if they cut Kap) isn't going to dig them out. I'm interested to see how much influence Chip has on the roster and contracts. He did some bad deals in Philly.

"That offense is straight Freddy Krueger when you have a quarterback that can pull the ball and run at any given time."

If that's the case, then our O has to be at least straight Jason Voorhees with TT's ability to run. If it were the 80's, I guess...