Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

Tmz is reporting that the NFL is suspending him for 4 games... Based on violation of substance abuse policy. Not on a team though. DV case still playing out.

Meanwhile he's walking around Cabo in a Josh Gordon jersey smoking a joint. This is his last day of partying right?

i do believe i would be calling him in for a drug test if i were the nfl

itll be shocking if he plays again

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will be wonderful to see NFLPA defend him taking potential money away players who can actually play. When it occurs players should consider ceeding from union.

One of the triggers is an NFL-imposed suspension. Which means that the Browns, if the report of a Manziel suspension is accurate, could avoid the $2.173 million in guaranteed money he’s still owed.
The biggest question in this regard relates to the impact of the team waiving him before he was suspended. For example, there’s no way that the Browns would be able to recover signing bonus money due to the suspension, given that he’s no longer on the team. Ultimately, lawyers could be tussling over whether a team can void guarantees due to a suspension occurring after the player’s contract was terminated.

i do believe i would be calling him in for a drug test if i were the nfl

itll be shocking if he plays again

Same here. Wasn't any good before he got suspended and now is a(n even bigger) trainwreck.

Sign him to a league min contract. Let him sit the 4 games, then promote him as totally recovered guy, show him going to rehab, doing charity work. Wait until a team loses their 1st and 2nd string QB to injury. Then trade him for a 3rd round pick.

Why am I not the GM of this team? :thumbsup:

Sign him to a league min contract. Let him sit the 4 games, then promote him as totally recovered guy, show him going to rehab, doing charity work. Wait until a team loses their 1st and 2nd string QB to injury. Then trade him for a 3rd round pick.

i think you answered your own question but got the post out of order some how

here:

see, thats a good answer to why! Edited by NoSaint

We are all human and I get we make mistakes that we some times pay for all of his life but this guy obviously doesn't care. This guy has no reason to care. We all enable him. And eventually he will OD, make a mistake or be left alone.

He has had access to the worlds best facilities in all fashions and likely had many warnings and interventions as well as lost a career to his lifestyle. There is only so much you can give a guy with slack untilyou cut him free . Manziel is a famous person, a celebrity. As such, the masses that entitled him to this need to turn their backs. The term dead to me is just fine with johnny manziel because he doesn't play football, he doesn't mow my lawn and he doesn't wash my drawers. He does nothing for 99% of this world so we are all best to move on and forget him until he is worthy of our attention.

Having no reason to care is different than not having the ability to reason. That's what addiction does to you. We have no idea who Johnny Mazeil is. He is unlikable now, but we won't know if he is truly unlikable until he's been clean for an extended time. Regardless of whether he's likable or not, he's still a human being. I don't resent people for being rich or famous. In fact, I'd love to be one of those (and it ain't famous!).

There is truth to detaching because they can't be allowed to drag others down into despair. Detaching should not come with venom. We can't help him, but I still wish him, and all people in his situation, the best. It CAN be overcome.

• 3 weeks later...