The Rob Ryan Poll to End All Polls Poll

FireChan

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve/like the Rob Ryan hire?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Does the Rob Ryan hire change your opinion of Rex?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the Rob Ryan hire change your prediction for next season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I answered no, no, and no. I don't think the hire is bad, it just seems silly. Which will get us on hard knocks. Which is uneeded attention. I don't really like Rex, but I think we will be better this season (finally). I think he just needs some time and eventually he'll be a servicible coach for this team. This meaningless hire means very little and could actually have a positive effect on how our team plays in the end (our LBs need help).

Let's see it!

I answered no, no, no. Hate the hire, hated Rex and thought he was a hack before this and thought next season is gonna be disappointing before this.

You should change your name to FireRex.

I don't hate the hire. I don't love the hire. I don't think it will have a negative effect on the team, so I'm ok with it. Time will tell. Maybe he can single handedly screw up our defense more than his brother did. Or maybe he turns around our d like he did in Oakland and New Orleans (in his first year he thurned the worst ranked d into a top 5 d, then back into the worst). The talent he had in his previous stops was lackluster. Maybe some talent will make him look like a good coach again.

Edited by NewEra

Are the Bills quickly becoming the laughing stock of the league? People use to just feel sorry for us, now we are really just a Rex Ryan punchline. Can't wait to hear the national talk radio shows day have fun wth this one.

Oh, and my answers are: NO! NO! and NO!

Edited by CSBill

Does Rex hand over D-reigns and take a more methodical approach to HC overall? If so, then this is a good hire. Rob has 17 consecutive years coaching Defense in the League. No one lasts that long who sucks (recent Saints track record notwithstanding). His style Defense mimics Rex & Dad's so our players have familiarity with it. With no apparent suitors for G-Ro, it appears we enter '16 with all pieces intact to continue the program -with an upgrade over the D -especially if Rex takes the next step in HC.

Does Rex hand over D-reigns and take a more methodical approach to HC overall? If so, then this is a good hire. Rob has 17 consecutive years coaching Defense in the League. No one lasts that long who sucks (recent Saints track record notwithstanding). His style Defense mimics Rex & Dad's so our players have familiarity with it. With no apparent suitors for G-Ro, it appears we enter '16 with all pieces intact to continue the program -with an upgrade over the D -especially if Rex takes the next step in HC.

Maybe instead of dropping back into coverage, the defensive line can line up in our own end zone, no matter where the line of scrimmage is.

I voted no, yes, no

no - bad and unecessary hie - this guy can't coach D as evidenced by NO and Dallas stints

yes - my opinion of Ryan has gone from an over-rated coach to not only over-rated but one more concerned with padding his relatives and friends incomes then improving this team

yes - I was thinking 7-9 next year but 4-12 is now a distinct possibility

I wish there was a hibernation chamber so I could take the next several years off and awake when the new coaching staff and GM (I was a Whaley supporter until he let this happen) are hired in 2018

Edited by entropyrules