Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

Not only did he talk his way into a 27 mil contract, but a guaranteed 27 mil contract! He certainly got the best of who is supposed to be a good businessman on that one.

But just because a person is rich, doesn't mean they are not a buffoon. Just look at Donald Trump.

Now you've gone to far! This is an insulte to all baffoons!

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why

To say this is really really stupid.

How long has it been since the brothers have worked together? How long has Rex Ryan been a head coach?

At any time he could have brought his brother in to work on his teams......yet it hasnt happened since they were much much younger......

Stop throwing **** at the wall and hope it sticks

Well....they are TWINS.... :)

Then why now ? His brother was in charge of one of the all time worst defenses in the history of the NFL... Any logical thinking individual could easily see that there would be NO market whatsoever for someone with this stain on their resume. Stating otherwise or denying it is absolute nonsensical thinking. He didn't need to do it in the past because there was a market for the guy. The fact that HE DIDN'T do it in the past kind of really drives home the point of his value.

As a long time suffering bills fan all I can say is now the circus is complete.

hey maybe this is the bottom of the barrel we need to get to in order to start to rise from the ashes (love the mixed metaphors)

seriously 2018 and a new coaching staff is looking good right now

I have no real view on this. Let's see what we get on the field next year and go from there, shall we? I'm more interested in whether Aaron Williams and Kyle Williams are retained and come back to near 100%. and whether Dareus is emotionally ready to go. and whether they get Gilmore signed... That stuff is worth sweating over.

Rob won't do all the crazy Dareus coverage drops crap Rex told Thurman to do.. you should actually like having him in between Rex and the defensive calls..,,

Bills fans are so jaded, bitter and broken. Not a shred of optimism in this group anymore. Come on guys, we finally have an offense, weapons, real NFL tools.. get positive

I have nothing against Rob Ryan but here are the stats of the teams he has been DC of. I circled the only two good years. Not a great track record.

CVzmUWiWsAAHqEc.png

even in that best cumulative stat years, his per attempt are less impressive (still good, but not as "wow")

and takeaways never top 10

Edited by NoSaint

even in that best cumulative stat years, his per attempt are less impressive (still good, but not as "wow")

and takeaways never top 10

I think it's pretty clear that Rob Ryan should not be the DC of your defense. But who knows what his real strengths and weaknesses are. It could easily be as simple as this guy just doesn't know when to call plays. When to blitz and when to lay back. How to call a game so the offense is off balance and doesn't know what you are going to do so it dictates the play.

Some guys just have the skill and the knack and the luck to call good games on offense and defense and some guys suck at it. As fans, as well as commentators and writers, most often associate playcalling with offense but it's just as important on defense; there just aren't as many of them. But knowing when to pressure and when not to, when to lay back and when to go full bore is a specific skill that a lot of guys don't have even though they may know a ton about defense and can help them in a lot of ways as long as they don't have keys to the car.

Not saying whether Rob is good or not at other stuff but the DC job is a tough one. And crappy DCs are often great assistants. That's what got them the DC job in the first place.

This is nothing more than a phantom position that puts a second Ryan on the Pegula payroll to the tune of a million dollars or so. I heard the clowns on WGR just now trying to explain it as a guy on the staff who can teach Rex's complex defense. So the current coaches are too stupid to be able to do that?

Forget the Ryan twins. Where is the football czar?

I think it's pretty clear that Rob Ryan should not be the DC of your defense. But who knows what his real strengths and weaknesses are. It could easily be as simple as this guy just doesn't know when to call plays. When to blitz and when to lay back. How to call a game so the offense is off balance and doesn't know what you are going to do so it dictates the play.

Some guys just have the skill and the knack and the luck to call good games on offense and defense and some guys suck at it. As fans, as well as commentators and writers, most often associate playcalling with offense but it's just as important on defense; there just aren't as many of them. But knowing when to pressure and when not to, when to lay back and when to go full bore is a specific skill that a lot of guys don't have even though they may know a ton about defense and can help them in a lot of ways as long as they don't have keys to the car.

Not saying whether Rob is good or not at other stuff but the DC job is a tough one. And crappy DCs are often great assistants. That's what got them the DC job in the first place.

all fair commentary.

i just knew the overall ranking stats -- seeing the more detailed, those numbers happened to jump out at me.

It hasn't happened because Rob Ryan was too busy being terrible around the rest of the NFL, using his last name and brother's reputation to continue to get jobs.

And NFL executives from all over the league with several different clubs have been signing off on it

I guess they are ALL stupid

Why

Then why now ? His brother was in charge of one of the all time worst defenses in the history of the NFL... Any logical thinking individual could easily see that there would be NO market whatsoever for someone with this stain on their resume. Stating otherwise or denying it is absolute nonsensical thinking. He didn't need to do it in the past because there was a market for the guy. The fact that HE DIDN'T do it in the past kind of really drives home the point of his value.

Your all over the place on this

First he is Rex is doing it from a postition of power

now

Now its "Why now?"

WHich is it?

almost. Luckily, we know not all reputations are true.

Im suprised you didnt say it was because of their dad

And NFL executives from all over the league with several different clubs have been signing off on it

I guess they are ALL stupid

Your all over the place on this

First he is Rex is doing it from a postition of power

now

Now its "Why now?"

WHich is it?

Im suprised you didnt say it was because of their dad

Yes, they are. That's why he keeps getting fired after sucking.