Buffalo Bills in Movies and TV

cthodge

I was watching Hot Rod this morning (awful movie, I know), but as Andy Samberg was getting ready to do his final jump in the movie, I noticed a man wearing a Travis Henry Bills jersey in the crowd. It just caught my eye and got me thinking, where else have I seen references or signs of the Bills in movies or television shows. Besides movies like Second String and Draft Day, where have you seen the Bills on the screen? The only other one I can think of offhand is Malcolm in the Middle. The brothers had a Bills rug in their room for a majority of the series.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching Hot Rod this morning (awful movie, I know), but as Andy Samberg was getting ready to do his final jump in the movie, I noticed a man wearing a Travis Henry Bills jersey in the crowd. It just caught my eye and got me thinking, where else have I seen references or signs of the Bills in movies or television shows. Besides movies like Second String and Draft Day, where have you seen the Bills on the screen? The only other one I can think of offhand is Malcolm in the Middle. The brothers had a Bills rug in their room for a majority of the series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118789/and the X-Files are the two biggest for me.

I recall, in American Wedding, the guys made a trip into the city to get Michelle's wedding dress. As they headed into town, their was a night time aerial shot in which there was an illuminated Bills logo on the roof of a downtown building.

That Jim Carey movie where is Bruce Almighty set in Buffalo, I thought there was a Bills reference. I know Carey likes Buffalo, and is from Canada.

There was a Sabres reference as the new station covered the team in some of the background shots. But I don't remember a bills one. Could be wrong.

That Jim Carey movie where is Bruce Almighty set in Buffalo, I thought there was a Bills reference. I know Carey likes Buffalo, and is from Canada.

he grew up fairly close to the border and when he was a kid he would watch Irv Weinstein on Channel 7. That's where that came from.

David Milch of Hill St Blues and creator of NYPD Blue (as well as creator of the great Deadwood, which is now getting a movie) is from Buffalo and often put Bills stuff into the background of Hill Street and NYPD Blue. Also Tom Fontana, who was a writer and producer of Homicide: Life on the streets (St. Elsewhere, Oz) is from Buffalo and did the same.