Buffalo Bills in Movies and TV

cthodge

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about Fontana on Hill St Blues. That was probably David Milch, the creator, who was from Buffalo. Fontana was a writer producer on Homicide: Life on the Street, another terrific show, and a writer on St. Elsewhere.

Anthony Yerkovich, who ended up creating Miami Vice, was definitely on Hill Street. Not sure if Milch was, too. I think Fontana was involved with another great one - St. Elsewhere.

Yerkovich's father was a doctor whose office was at the end of our street. It had the most yard to it, so that is where we played football.

Anthony Yerkovich, who ended up creating Miami Vice, was definitely on Hill Street. Not sure if Milch was, too. I think Fontana was involved with another great one - St. Elsewhere.

Yerkovich's father was a doctor whose office was at the end of our street. It had the most yard to it, so that is where we played football.

Milch wrote 81 episodes and produced 67 on Hill St. Blues. I mentioned St. Elsewhere in the post you quoted. ;)

30 Rock. Jack is disappointed to learn that the football team his future self owns is Buffalo. "You didn't say it was the Bills..."

Respectful correction: Future Jack was telling present Jack that he didn't have all the details about future Jack's life. He was pointing out all the positives and then states that the NFL team he was going to own was the Bills...the comment from future Jack, and present Jack's reaction above, is a big positive a big positive.

Oh, and also, the Bills are shown at least twice in the Rocky Bleier Story, a TV movie from the 80s starring Robert Urich...miss that guy.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I'm not sure about Fontana on Hill St Blues. That was probably David Milch, the creator, who was from Buffalo. Fontana was a writer producer on Homicide: Life on the Street, another terrific show, and a writer on St. Elsewhere.

Sorry, you are right...my memory not so great these days!

The movie Heavyweights (1995.)

It's about a fat kids camp.

"Perkis sent me home without a refund. However, my dad's a lawyer. He threatened to sue, and Perkis caved like the Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl."

I've also seen countless TV shows and movies, where there's a perennial second best, runner up, etc, as "The Buffalo Bills of..." whatever competition. Like, pparently the every time Lance Armstrong won the TDF, the same guy came in second and I heard him refered to as "The Buffalo Bills of cycling."

The movie Heavyweights (1995.)

It's about a fat kids camp.

"Perkis sent me home without a refund. However, my dad's a lawyer. He threatened to sue, and Perkis caved like the Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl."

I've also seen countless TV shows and movies, where there's a perennial second best, runner up, etc, as "The Buffalo Bills of..." whatever competition. Like, pparently the every time Lance Armstrong won the TDF, the same guy came in second and I heard him refered to as "The Buffalo Bills of cycling."

Dear The Real Buffalo Joe,

BITE ME!!!!!

Sincerely,

Amy Adams

(Five Oscar noms, five oscar losses)

My GF watches some show called "Married at First Sight" and this season one of the dudes that got married is a Bills fan. Showed him packing to move and he had a Bills blanket on his bed and several jerseys in his closet.

My lady watches that show too, not me just her (but really just her... I mean, no guy would watch that show, amirite?). I'm surprised that guy isn't a poster on this site, you don't own that many Bills jerseys without perusing TSW from time to time.

Flipping through the channels yesterday and saw an episode of House Hunters starting on HGTV. What caught my attention was hearing them mention the couple was from Buffalo. Only two things I saw, one house they toured still had clothes in the closet and you could see the stripes on a jersey sleeve. Another house they toured, the owner had a standing buffalo imprinted on their kitchen counter.

Flipping through the channels yesterday and saw an episode of House Hunters starting on HGTV. What caught my attention was hearing them mention the couple was from Buffalo. Only two things I saw, one house they toured still had clothes in the closet and you could see the stripes on a jersey sleeve. Another house they toured, the owner had a standing buffalo imprinted on their kitchen counter.

Wasn't EJ on that show? Or a show like it?

I had friends move to the Buffalo area in 1994. They said every single house they looked at had Bills paraphernalia in it!

I was watching the Kevin Costner new classic Draft Day on Sunday and if there is ANY doubt that Russ is really in charge of football Ops, watch the flick! I'm amazed no conspiracy theorists have called this out...

Lil Wayne has a few Buffalo Bills lyrics too - "I'm all about my Bills like Buffalo", "Two girls on one pole. I don't tip, I pay Bills, ladies call me Buffalo." I think there are a couple others as well.

Well done... i wa wondering if anyone was gonna mention weezy

Nice. I have a soundbyte from the xfiles that is on my itunes and randomly plays 'it's a conspiracy. Buffalo will never win a superbowl"

It is so sexy when a woman wears Bills gear. Give me that over victorias secret

Mostly because its christina applegate lol

Dont forget Bruce Smith in little giants

Edited by Agent 91