Adam Schefter Confidence Meter

I think we all know Schefter and Doug Marrone share the same agent (Jimmy Sexton).

On three different radio shows, I have heard Schefter spout off on how Marrone is seen as a top 3-4 candidate to fill a coaching vacancy (there are now 6 coaching vacancies).

Sooooo, if Schefter's "insight" is really a product of his highly respected "NFL Insider" status, we should be hearing something soon.

On the other hand, if Marrone doesn't get a head coaching job, Schefter will be seen as nothing but a whore. The question is, will anyone call him out on his whorish tendencies (shilling for Marrone because they share an agent and a Marrone hiring helps Sexton, which then helps Schefter).

Not sure what it is but the Schefter Marrone love fest really bugs me...especially because I don't believe one other Owner/GM in the league sees Marrone as a top 3-4 (let alone Top 10) head coaching candidate.

Schefter is a snake oil salesman and will lose all credibility if Marrone doesn't land a HC job.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all know Schefter and Doug Marrone share the same agent (Jimmy Sexton).

On three different radio shows, I have heard Schefter spout off on how Marrone is seen as a top 3-4 candidate to fill a coaching vacancy (there are now 6 coaching vacancies).

Sooooo, if Schefter's "insight" is really a product of his highly respected "NFL Insider" status, we should be hearing something soon.

On the other hand, if Marrone doesn't get a head coaching job, Schefter will be seen as nothing but a whore. The question is, will anyone call him out on his whorish tendencies (shilling for Marrone because they share an agent and a Marrone hiring helps Sexton, which then helps Schefter).

Whether you believe it or not...or like it for not...he is widely considered a top HC prospect. Schefter's view is inconsequential. He's not creating the valid interest across the league in Marrone, he's just reporting it. It's just plain true, Marrone is seen as a top candidate. Why does it bother you so much?

Not sure what it is but the Schefter Marrone love fest really bugs me...especially because I don't believe one other Owner/GM in the league sees Marrone as a top 3-4 (let alone Top 10) head coaching candidate.

Schefter is a snake oil salesman and will lose all credibility if Marrone doesn't land a HC job.

Sorry, my last post accidently go embedded in the OP. But my point is made.

He lost all credibility with me when he posted JPPs medical records.

That was bad, especially since it actually included another individual's information who is not a public figure. Then worse when he and ESPN defended it "HIPAA doesn't apply to news media". I don't know about "all credibility" but I lost all respect for him as a person there, especially when he couldn't simply cowboy up and say "it was a bad decision on my part"

Edited by Hopeful

I don't think it quite rises to the level of man-love that Mort has for Donahoe. For over a decade he pushed a hardon against Ralph and The Bills after his boyfriend got ****-canned.

Mojo Marrone. Any spots left for you ?

Miami interview fail ? Interviews are hard. Obviously. Hope you get to run the G men into the ground. Good luck. Maybe let someone else talk for you.

This post makes no sense. It sounds like that for you and the OP your hatred for Marrone blinds you to what is , essentially, an actuarial fact...Marrone is widely seen as a top candidate. It has nothing to do with Adam Schefter and who has what agent. Schefter, who I tend to like, does not create interest in one candidate or another. He's not that powerful. He just reports it. I don't know if Marrone gets another HC job or not. But the interest in him is actual and valid.

This post makes no sense. It sounds like that for you and the OP your hatred for Marrone blinds you to what is , essentially, an actuarial fact...Marrone is widely seen as a top candidate. It has nothing to do with Adam Schefter and who has what agent. Schefter, who I tend to like, does not create interest in one candidate or another. He's not that powerful. He just reports it. I don't know if Marrone gets another HC job or not. But the interest in him is actual and valid.

let me know when you get past the 2nd interview. dont twitch so much when they ask you about your inability to deal with others.

Mojo Marrone. Any spots left for you ?

Miami interview fail ? Interviews are hard. Obviously. Hope you get to run the G men into the ground. Good luck. Maybe let someone else talk for you.

Can't imagine a storied Franchise like the Giants hiring Marrone...They have to be smarter than that...

Don't they?... B-)

Marrone's ego, report from the Bills organization (because you know the owners talk to one another), the reports about him from the players (because you know the players talk to one another), and the s*** job he did with the Jacksonville OL this year will keep him from getting another HC gig this quickly if he does ever. About Schefter? Of course he's doing what he and Marrone's agent tells him to do. He's like sports paparazzi now more than anything credible.

let me know when you get past the 2nd interview. dont twitch so much when they ask you about your inability to deal with others.

Once again your post makes no sense and sounds like frat boy trash talk. You sound like one tortured soul about this. You seem obsessed with Marrone with your recurring fantasies about him..my guess is you haven't slep much this past year just imagining bad things happening to him.....the OP is about an assertion that the real reason behind Marrone being seen as a top HC candidate is, somehow, the influence of Adam Schefter. Do you have anything to say about the thread itself? I would be genuinely interested in hearing it.

Some advice, of course take it or leave it as you please, let go of your obsession with Marrone. You may be heading towards a CVA. As Bills fans we have enough to worry about with the buffoon HC the Pegulas hired.

You probably know it, but Schefter's reputation among real journalists is that of a money grubbing publicity whore, whose inside scoops are only sourced from Sexton's agency.

I think more of the press are calling him out on it. As they should.

You probably know it, but Schefter's reputation among real journalists is that of a money grubbing publicity whore, whose inside scoops are only sourced from Sexton's agency.

Proof?

Sounds about right. Would love to see a real journalist (like Wawrow) break a story that Schefter is nothing more than a mouthpiece for agents with a spotty track record...hopefully it would result in "Unfollows".

Sounds about right. Would love to see a real journalist (like Wawrow) break a story that Schefter is nothing more than a mouthpiece for agents with a spotty track record...hopefully it would result in "Unfollows".

So some journalist whom you to claim has a widespread crap reputation nevertheless is influencing the front office of multiple NFL teams about who to hire as a HC? Really? If true this is a big deal. Again, proof. Specifically show us documentation that this has or is actually happening...and not just some other person's opinion, even another journalist because that is just hearsay

Please, get over it Mrs. Marrone. BTW, how did Schefer report Marrone's hiring at 2AM? Boy, that man never sleeps on his sources.

Well that really proves the point, doesn't it. Brilliant. You must be on your high school debate team. Damn, you're good!