This is Insane - Tyrod's stats vs Bills QB since Kelly

I waited the whole season to give him a promise ring. The more i watch TT and the more I watch other NFL QBs, the more I love him. I don't have any reason to believe he *cannot* be the next Russell Wilson. IMO he was the team MVP. The two games he was out, we lost. Every game we won, he was there.

My head says I should be open to seeing other people. You will be disappointed, they say. But my heart says otherwise.

But what do I know, I'm an idiot.

Agreed. We would not have lost the Jax game at a minimum. Guaranteed. Might have changed dynamic of season. Oh well, who knows. I'm excited going forward however.

Biggest worry with TT for me going forward will be injuries, not performance. He seems like a bright guy. He seems confident. He seems like he will continue to improve.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. We would not have lost the Jax game at a minimum. Guaranteed. Might have changed dynamic of season. Oh well, who knows. I'm excited going forward however.

Biggest worry with TT for me going forward will be injuries, not performance. He seems like a bright guy. He seems confident. He seems like he will continue to improve.

imo he checks all the boxes for a guy who is showing he can develop into The Guy. The injury issue is absolutely a concern. But IMO this is a concern for every QB as pure pocket guys and guys who just scramble go down a lot too. Wilson has been very durable and I think it's because if his sliding technique and if you recall- Whaley/Rex said this was going to be a huge part of his development going forward. He has to learn how to slide. And they need a #2 they can depend on to step in better than EJ did last year if he does get hurt. They have publically recognized both as important points, which is a good sign.

For me - learning to slide is easier than having to learn how to throw, how to lead, or how to prepare.

Edited by YoloinOhio

imo he checks all the boxes for a guy who is showing he can develop into The Guy. The injury issue is absolutely a concern. But IMO this is a concern for every QB as pure pocket guys and guys who just scramble go down a lot too. Wilson has been very durable and I think it's because if his sliding technique and if you recall- Whaley/Rex said this was going to be a huge part of his development going forward. He has to learn how to slide.

For me - that's better than having to learn how to throw, how to lead, or how to prepare.

Yup, 100% agree. Wilson's baseball background definitely helps him with sliding..haha. Even though Wilson is also a tiny guy, he seems to have that uncanny ability to always avoid the big hit...to always slide on time...to always be shifty just at the right time. That type of awareness can't be taught. His agility is amazing and he has complete body control. I'm not sure TT is at that level but I think TT is smart enough to know when to not push it further on a play - when it comes to typical pocket injuries, that is ultimately up to fate to a certain extent.

imo he checks all the boxes for a guy who is showing he can develop into The Guy. The injury issue is absolutely a concern. But IMO this is a concern for every QB as pure pocket guys and guys who just scramble go down a lot too. Wilson has been very durable and I think it's because if his sliding technique and if you recall- Whaley/Rex said this was going to be a huge part of his development going forward. He has to learn how to slide. And they need a #2 they can depend on to step in better than EJ did last year if he does get hurt. They have publically recognized both as important points, which is a good sign.

One of the things I like about Whaley is he tends to talk like a scout - clear, specific actions. Nix would say some BS about "well, we believe he can play well because we've seen him play well so we think he can do it again".

Whaley is all business: Taylor? Needs to learn to slide, needs to learn to step up into his passing lanes, needs to show more consistency. What interests me is, for as much of a straight-shooter as he comes across in the media, there have been several players complaining about being "misled" or "lied to". Interesting apparent contradiction.

Jim was a great leader. I'd like to see Tyrod step up and claim a leadership position with the team. Get a public speaking coach. Tyrod is quietly having a good year but I'd like to see him do it not so quietly. It's his team now. We need more leadership on this team and the players need to hold each other accountable

give it sometime. jim wasn't a great leader his first few years in the league. He needed to learn a little humility and mature. Taylor needs more experience and i think the more he is the starter the more he will fill a leadership role. TT wants it more than anything in the world. you can see it from TT.

PFF ranks him 10th QB in league for 2015

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/07/pro-pffs-2015-nfl-quarterback-rankings/

10. Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills, 81.7

A surprising inclusion into the top 10, Taylor made some of the best throws of the year. It was seemingly a weekly event watching him drop a perfect throw in the bucket down the field, but he still has great strides to make in the short (39th-best passing grade) and intermediate game (24th-best passing grade) to take the next step in his development.

Edited by YoloinOhio

We all know what Tyrod's on field tangibles are, and what he needs to work on.

The most impressive thing that Tyrod did all year was to extract Jordan Mills from a scrum in the second half of the Jets game.

What he demonstrated, in that moment, is not only that he is able to lead, but that he commands the respect of his teammates and makes them willing to follow him. That's something that almost never can be taught, and he has it. While it's not always necessary to being a great quarterback, it always lends a huge hand towards that end.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

The most impressive thing that Tyrod did all year was to extract Jordan Mills from a scrum in the second half of the Jets game.

What he demonstrated, in that moment, is not only that he is able to lead, but that he commands the respect of his teammates and makes them willing to follow him. That's something that almost never can be taught, and he has it. While it's not always necessary to being a great quarterback, it always lends a huge hand towards that end.

Good post. The most encouraging thing, besides his basic arm strength/accuracy throwing, are his intangibles. First in last out, smart, studies hard, coachable, leadership, confidence, etc.

Good post. The most encouraging thing, besides his basic arm strength/accuracy throwing, are his intangibles. First in last out, smart, studies hard, coachable, leadership, confidence, etc.

I also love the fact that he looks a little bit like Spike Lee playing his "Mars Blackmon" character in the old Air Jordan commercials when he wears glasses.

mars-blackmon-rt-float-1.jpg

I personally got all warm and fuzzy when he barked at his TE for lineing up in the wrong spot in a earlier game....then in that same game went over and put his arm around Carpenter after missing a kick

Edited by John from Hemet

Good post. I heard stories about Losman that the team basically hated him the moment he was drafted. It's also why guys like Cutler or Jeff George never achieved anything special because of the douche factor.

Taylor seems to be a good leader and has a calm about him. But there is certainly some work to be done.

Jim Kelly essentially threw for 4,149 yards in 1991. He sat out the final game after they clinched as well as a few garbage time situations, and only Reich played in that final game. It's not fair to argue that he never threw for 4K yards given the circumstances that season. He undoubtedly would have equaled Reich's production. The better way to do it is figure out whether he averaged 250 passing ypg. He did that season.

Edited by dave mcbride