Whaley signs multi-year extension with Bills

YoloinOhio

Then why even bother with an extension? The Pegulas could easily wait to determine his fate if they were thinking along these lines. If things are to their satisfaction extend Whaley and if not his contract would be up anyway.

Can you answer the question? No offense, btw.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am good with this. I think that Whaley has done a nice job. There is playoff talent on this team.

Agree. I'm a Whaley guy. he knows what he is doing. Pretty good procurer of talent. Has some hits & misses - don't they all?

There are a number of reasons for a team not making the playoffs, not the least of which is playing a 1st year QB. TT will improve on a terrific 1st year & just as Whaley has said, TT will win more games in the 4th Q. There is usually a nice bump from year 1 to year 2. Look at the improvement of the Washington QB. He just needed 15 games or so under his belt to boost his confidence. The same goes for TT. Confidence & accuracy are the 2 most important qualities needed by a QB. TT has accuracy & his confidence seems to have improved as the year went on.

Another factor for not making the playoffs - the Brady factor. How many times have Miami & the Jets made the playoffs during the Brady era?

Sorry for going off topic a bit.

I think someone at the bills just leaked some false info to make the snooze look bad

They don't need any leaks for that. Between Bucky, Sully, Graham, Vic, and Harrington they do that just fine by themselves.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Adam Benigni Verified account ‏@AdamBenigni

Can confirm @JeremyWGR report on Whaley extension that I'm told is designed to coincide with the remaining four years on Ryan's deal. @wgrz

This makes sense now. Terry just put a "make the playoffs next year or youre fired" clause in the 4yr contract.

Whaley went rogue and said, "just show me where to sign."

Vic Carucci has been wrong ALL SEASON. Every story he's tried to establish has blown up in his face, from Polian to Cassel to Rex losing the team, now this.

Carucci somehow has a decent reputation for a guy who is always just trying to stir stuff up. He takes pride in coining "The Bickering Bills" but people seem to forget how much he instigated that, too. I can't be the only one who remembers the Thurman Thomas post-game where he went off on Vic.

Carucci sucks.

Whaley's contract expires before the start of FA. It's either an extension or a new GM.

He's been pretty good this far. A bit longer to see if he can finish overhauling this team with Rex-ready players makes sense

I keep seeing reports that he has a year left...

Edited by YoloinOhio

Not surprising that the Pegulas have better judgment than message boards. The only thing DW can do is improve the roster, and the roster is vastly improved. That's all new GM would do, try to improve the roster. But its likely that he would do a worse job.

@WGR550

Source: Bills will sign Whaley to contract extension http://bit.ly/1O3F5VA

There were reports that owners Terry and Kim Pegula had laid down and ultimatum for Whaley and coach Rex Ryan that if they did not make the postseason, they would be fired. However, a source tells WGR that is "absolutely not" the case.