Robert Woods

He just needs to use the "lanes" when passing over the middle.....

The problem that is going to occurr with all this double Sammy thing is Sammy Watkins can beat double coverage

If we can just get one more WR into the mix moving the chains......because we are going to run the ball until teams prove they can stop it....and they will need to by loading the box

I worry about a safety keying on Watkins. The KC game last year was eye opening to me. Sammy did a spectacular job in the first half. He beat double coverage because he was so fast that safety help wasn't getting there in time. He did a great job of getting executing his routes too. But in the second half he got shut out when the CB got aggressive and the safety shifted over him more. Another deep threat at WR opposite Watkins to take some defensive pressure off of him would help him and the offense immensely IMO.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry about a safety keying on Watkins. The KC game last year was eye opening to me. Sammy did a spectacular job in the first half. He beat double coverage because he was so fast that safety help wasn't getting there in time. He did a great job of getting executing his routes too. But in the second half he got shut out when the CB got aggressive and the safety shifted over him more. Another deep threat at WR opposite Watkins to take some defensive pressure off of him would help him and the offense immensely IMO.

agreed......another WR has to step up....it would also not hurt for a D to step up in offensive dry spells (which is gonna happen)

Great minds or something :beer:

You're right that Clay's impact won't always show up in numbers.

I still do not get why we don't get another big time TE. I love Hunter Henry from Arkansas. With a run first team, 2 well rounded TEs could create match up problems.

I've wondered why they don't run more 2 TE sets as well. Even if we're not running the ball, the old "block and release" as a receiving option would at least give Tyrod more target options when Watkins is being doubled or worse. I get that about Clay and blocking, but you don't pay him that amount of money for that. That's all.

agreed......another WR has to step up....it would also not hurt for a D to step up in offensive dry spells (which is gonna happen)

Agreed. If the offensive plan is to be a run first team with a vertical passing attack sprinkled in, then the defense will have to do better than last year. If it doesn't, then the Bills won't be able to stay in that game plan as much as they'd like.

I've wondered why they don't run more 2 TE sets as well. Even if we're not running the ball, the old "block and release" as a receiving option would at least give Tyrod more target options when Watkins is being doubled or worse. I get that about Clay and blocking, but you don't pay him that amount of money for that. That's all.

You actually do have to pay him that, or you don't get him. Top 10 players that hit FA are going to get top 5 or top 3 money. It's just how it goes.

I actually think they are going to double Sammy, keep safties deep, and give us the 10-15 yards throws across the middle. They will try to take away your strengths.

They are going to do that till Bills prove we can hit those plays.

If Tyrod can , it becomes pick your poison for defenses

College can be over-rated!

Thats what I told them !

Cant believe you do not know more about socks and what comfort they can provide though?

Robert Woods is a guy i really want to love. Since he was drafted.

Let hope Roman wants to give him some love too this year.

Get him the ball. and no more of those crossing routes in traffic , drawn up by Marrone and poorly executed by EJM.

I swore Marroon wanted Woods dead with some of those patterns. EJM could not lead Rec with a pass that season. late too far ahead too high. all potential disasters for the Receiver named Woods

Thats what I told them !

Cant believe you do not know more about socks and what comfort they can provide though?

Robert Woods is a guy i really want to love. Since he was drafted.

Let hope Roman wants to give him some love too this year.

Get him the ball. and no more of those crossing routes in traffic , drawn up by Marrone and poorly executed by EJM.

I swore Marroon wanted Woods dead with some of those patterns. EJM could not lead Rec with a pass that season. late too far ahead too high. all potential disasters for the Receiver named Woods

Woods was not alone on those dangerous passes from EJ. I seem to recall Goodwin almost getting vaporized one time. (Think "The Rock".) Goodwin is fragile enough without THAT nonsense!

As for the socks, just kidding, some days that's all I wear.

Woods was not alone on those dangerous passes from EJ. I seem to recall Goodwin almost getting vaporized one time. (Think "The Rock".) Goodwin is fragile enough without THAT nonsense!

As for the socks, just kidding, some days that's all I wear.

The use of Goodwin was recalled correctly by you.

Glad to hear you have an appreciation of socks.

Concerned you are not employing matching attire.

Stop punching Darby.

Gotta toughen the Kid.

Darby is way too nice. That mentoring from Gilmore probably

Interesting thought. Do Bills have enough money to work this?

If they did it two parts they could - one bonus would be paid this year and the 2nd option bonus could be made payable 5th day of free agency next year or some other date which would work for contract. There could be a 2 tier guarantee based on health (one salary if he is healthy and one which he would get if he is on PUP). The key is DOES he wish to stay and how much does he want to guarantee his services, The Bills already went thru this using tag on Hogan and need to make decision if they want to risk going to next year without an experience 2nd WR in the system.

Depends what they do with Tyrod and Gilmore. Those 2 have to be the priority.

I have a funny feeling about Gilmore. Like he might get tagged.

TT ? I am planning on him getting paid all the money after the season.

I feel bad i was down on Woods last year. Because i have been a fan of his since the draft, and i doubted him. Would like to see him perform and stay a Bill somehow.

Good point on his interest in remaining in Buffalo Koolaid

Edited by 3rdand12

• 3 weeks later...