2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

I'm really surprised this thread is not up there in # of posts along with QB. We are pretty certain Mario is going to be history and Kyle, like Fred isn't getting any younger. Going to need some beef on the DLine this year. I'd like to see two quality players on the line somehow this off season.

somehow is the key word.

But drafting defense early is fine by me. Thing is we will need some starters so be wise Whaley be wise.

TY Bot! again for keeping it rollin' pre draft

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really surprised this thread is not up there in # of posts along with QB. We are pretty certain Mario is going to be history and Kyle, like Fred isn't getting any younger. Going to need some beef on the DLine this year. I'd like to see two quality players on the line somehow this off season.

i am predicting NT in free agency and pass rusher in draft. And re-signing Corbin Bryant who is young and good backup to Kyle.

i am predicting NT in free agency and pass rusher in draft. And re-signing Corbin Bryant who is young and good backup to Kyle.

Same here. I predict we resign cordy and cog. After those 2 deals are done- I go after Damon Harrison and look for bargain signings. I would target Myles, Ragland, and Jaylon. Then target Jeremy cash, sua cravens, and Noah spence in second, then draft rt, front 7, WR, QB

@brucefeldmanCFB

#Clemson DL Kevin Dodd is skipping his SR season & entering the NFL Draft. Guy was a monster in Playoff. Had 9 TFLs & 5 sacks last 3 games.

I'm kinda torn on Dodd. His game against Bama was insane but the Alabama RT might be the most useless sack of crap I've seen on a football field.

Can't wait to dig into him but he'll be a 24 year old rookie. Might hamper his value a little.

I'm kinda torn on Dodd. His game against Bama was insane but the Alabama RT might be the most useless sack of crap I've seen on a football field.

Can't wait to dig into him but he'll be a 24 year old rookie. Might hamper his value a little.

he owes Dominick Jackson millions! Lol

@NFL_CFB

With Dodd's declaration, both of #Clemson's top DEs intend to enter 2016 #NFLDraft. Lawson declared last month --> http://bit.ly/1NitPly

No matter what, we can be assured of plenty DL talent in this draft. That's a good thing for us...maybe Doug should trade up! :wallbash:

@NFL_CFB

With Dodd's declaration, both of #Clemson's top DEs intend to enter 2016 #NFLDraft. Lawson declared last month --> http://bit.ly/1NitPly

Dodd was outstanding Monday. Definitely used the platform to promote his abilities!

I actually want the Bills to draft a NT. He hasn't declared yet and he might not be available when the Bills pick but I really would like them to take A'Shawn Robinson DT from Alabama. This would allow Dareus to move to the 5 Tech position and would increase our ability to stop the run. A lot of the Alabama players make a ton of sense for the Bills this year. ILB Reggie Ragland, DT A' Shawn Robinson, DE Jarron Reed, DE Johnathan Allen

This is a good line of thinking. Regardless of how they get one, they need a true NT. As you state, it would allow Dareus to move to LDE where he could play a role similar to Wilkerson who had 16.5 sacks over the 2013 and 2014 seasons. Jerry Hughes is probably better athletically than Calvin Pace who had 15 sacks at ROLB over those two seasons. They will need to bolster the LB core thought...

I actually want the Bills to draft a NT. He hasn't declared yet and he might not be available when the Bills pick but I really would like them to take A'Shawn Robinson DT from Alabama. This would allow Dareus to move to the 5 Tech position and would increase our ability to stop the run. A lot of the Alabama players make a ton of sense for the Bills this year. ILB Reggie Ragland, DT A' Shawn Robinson, DE Jarron Reed, DE Johnathan Allen

I agree that that A'Shawn projects to NT as a pro. I think he will be a good one too, but what I don't know is if this position is a deep one in the draft. Number 19 seems early to draft a Nose.

And yes, Ragland, Reed and Allen would all be great additions to the Bills. Reed is as big as Robinson and he is WAY faster. Don't get me wrong, he Ryan Brothers will probably just send him out on pass coverage and waste his talent, but there sure is a lot of talent to waste!

We just went through a season where what was considered a strength of the team, was neutralized by quick passing games (and I just watched Brady neutralize the Chiefs vaunted D-line the same way). And the Wrex philosophy apparently uses big fat guys on the line, just holding ground (or covering receivers) so the LB's can make plays.

I will be very disappointed if the first pick is a D-lineman.