2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

We're talking D-lineman, you know, the unit of the defense that was expected to be a strength, but ended up ineffectual in Wrex's scheme. :death:

Why give him more, when he couldn't even use what he had?

I think any old, mid-round fat guy will do just fine, taking up space. And maybe bring in another veteran free agent at DE.

Get a talented player who will buy in and give 100%.......Then we'll see better results.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor DE Oakman candid about dismissal from Penn State

MOBILE, Ala. -- Baylor defensive end Shawn Oakman's dismissal from Penn State is a topic he's having to discuss anew this week as NFL scouts and personnel executives meet with some of the nation's top draft prospects at the Reese's Senior Bowl.

But unlike some players who might be reluctant to explain a troubled past, it's a conversation Oakman is happy to have. Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien, then at PSU, dismissed Oakman in 2012 after an incident in which he reportedly grabbed the wrist of a store clerk.

I think that they end up with Nkemdiche (DT) or Bullard (DE) in the first unless an unlikely Ragland (ILB) or Lee (OLB) fall to them there. Then I could see them turn around at take Butler (DT) in the second round. Either way, I think DE/DT will be at least the first or second pick for them, if not both.

Just watched a bunch of Nkemdiche games on DraftBreakdown and I still don't see this phenom 1st round player. He's like a plus version of Rakeem Nunez-Roches who was a 6th rounder last year.

Undersized 1-gap 3-Tech with a great first step and hit/miss after that. Inconsistent motor, has power in his hands but can't use it enough to be dominant, lateral movement is laboured. Little in the way of counter moves. Before you include the off-field stuff, the dude is still just recruiting hype.