2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gota disagree with mayock on Goff being more pro ready than wentz who played in a pro style offense and made audibles at the line.

I think that if I am drafting a Quarterback that I can fit into a team that I believe otherwise could be ready to win early I draft Goff and tailor my offense a little with lots of quick read and release type play.

I have, admittedly, seen a lot less of Wentz and whilst I would not say he "isn't pro-ready" I do think he has enough kinks to be ironed out that you bring him on the Bortles / Jacksonville way. You put him out there, you ask him to make some tough reads and tough throws and you accept that year 1 there are going to be some lumps to take. When you look at the way Bortles played down the stretch for the Jags last year it looks to have worked, he looked to have begun to learn and come on for the mistakes.

I think that if I am drafting a Quarterback that I can fit into a team that I believe otherwise could be ready to win early I draft Goff and tailor my offense a little with lots of quick read and release type play.

I have, admittedly, seen a lot less of Wentz and whilst I would not say he "isn't pro-ready" I do think he has enough kinks to be ironed out that you bring him on the Bortles / Jacksonville way. You put him out there, you ask him to make some tough reads and tough throws and you accept that year 1 there are going to be some lumps to take. When you look at the way Bortles played down the stretch for the Jags last year it looks to have worked, he looked to have begun to learn and come on for the mistakes.

Just like Wentz better, Goff under pressure and out of the pocket is brutal. Wentz can run and has the arm and I think leading a team to two championship can't be understated.

Bills are gonna be awesome this year.I see a conference title.

Do ya feel lucky

@NFL_CFB

.@MikeMayock: Goff-Wentz as good, maybe better than Winston-Mariota --> http://on.nfl.com/1pzeS9Y

Cd29uT2WAAAQdLt.jpg

@CFD22

Enjoyed watching Cal Pro Day @nflnetwork - QB Jared Goff had a nice day throwing it, liked how he handled the "extras" at the end @NFL_CFB

What does he mean by "extras"?

CBF

@JoshNorris

On the heels of the Doug Whaley- Kevin Hogan comment that made the rounds, uncle @TonyPauline posted this in Feb. http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=11269

If the Buffalo Bills don’t grab a quarterback in the first frame one player at the position they will consider later is Kevin Hogan of Stanford. I was informed the team came away from the Senior Bowl very impressed with his athleticism as well as his arm strength and really like his next level potential.

What does he mean by "extras"?

CBF

Maybe it refers to teams asking him to throw particular routes after his scripted set?

It refers to Pep Hamilton spraying H2O on Goff's ball and having him make a couple of unscripted throws with a wet ball after the "workout" was over

Impressive interview... I still think CLE has a secret plan to grab him somehow... Even if they end up taking Wentz. A kid like Jones would absolutely thrive under a coach like Hue Jackson....

I have had similar thoughts, only I dont think they take both, more like they draft Jack or Ramsey at #2 and then take Jones with #32 or move up into the 1st round to take him and get the extra year on his contract.

I had been thinking Jones was a Bills target in the 3rd round, but now I think he's gone by pick 80 and more likely gone early 2nd round by a team like Cleveland (given what they do with their 1st round pick), SF or LA potentially. If he's there 49 and the Bills want him, I think they would have to grab him at 49 and cant wait until the 3rd round. I do think they are more likely to go Hogan in the 5th, but it wouldnt shock me if Whaley liked Jones enough to take him in the 2nd, given he's there.

@JoshNorris

On the heels of the Doug Whaley- Kevin Hogan comment that made the rounds, uncle @TonyPauline posted this in Feb. http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=11269

I watch a lot of PAC12 ball (PAC12 school alum) and have noted before about how much Hogan seemed to improve in his final year. His decision-making was better and his mechanics smoother. Everything seemed to come together. I'm sure he hasn't hit his ceiling, but just not sure how high that ceiling is.

He reminds me of Mark Brunell, although he's a lefty, including his running ability.

I watch a lot of PAC12 ball (PAC12 school alum) and have noted before about how much Hogan seemed to improve in his final year. His decision-making was better and his mechanics smoother. Everything seemed to come together. I'm sure he hasn't hit his ceiling, but just not sure how high that ceiling is.

He reminds me of Mark Brunell, although he's a lefty, including his running ability.

If Hogan has a career that good, he should be very satisfied. I have heard that he's really improved his delivery and that would be great because it needed to be better from what I witnessed previously.

I have always liked Hogan as a late round guy. I think his ceiling is high end backup low end starter but given EJ will not be around next year (2017) if the Bills don't take a QB early I am more than happy with Hogan in the 5th or later.

Edited by GunnerBill