Guess where Mario lands thread...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

SEATTLE!!!!

He will prosper again in a true 4x3 D, and deliver his double digit sacks again for a few more years. He is a high performance tool that Rex and company did not know how to use....REX is a one trick pony....only knows his complex 3x4 system. He didn't have the personnel for that this year....the biggest missing piece is the hugh nose tackle.....who is supposed to take two or three guys to handle in the middle. I remember when the Jets had Jenkins in that role....he was really good, and the ryan D was tough then....I always thanked our lucky stars when Jenkins was out hurt when the Bills got the Jets. A real pro head coach would have come into the bills, looked at the defensive results, and said to Schwartz......I'm the head coach, but you run the D. But, Ryan's ego wouldn't allow that...and so all Pro tools were wasted. Of course, the new owner Pegs are at fault for mixing oil and water here. Just a replay of the Sabres management fiasco.

Mario will take a small pay cut.....will still get $10 mil with incentives........he will just have to make do.

Darieus the 100 million dollar man is NT

That was a big blow with there first rounder going down in preseason.

Huge loss. He was supposed to be their edge rusher. And they have pass rush issues with a good offense. 30th ranked pass defense in the league because of lack of rush. Fit makes a lot of sense I think for them to go after him.

Edited by BlueFire

Mario is going to go to a team that gives him the most money. Without looking I know the Jags D is terrible and I assume they have a ton of cap room. I'm guessing Jacksonville.

Even without Marios whining, and poor effort, it seemed a foregone conclusion that he would be a cap casualty, or at the very least, the Bills would ask him to restructure his deal, or take a pay cut. I think everyone who pays attention to these things, kind of saw that coming, after this season. Maybe that played a role in his drop off in effort? He didn't like the defense, and knew he wasn't going to get his money from the Bills, next season, so why go all out? A ****ty attitude to be sure, but I am not sure it wouldn't be the same with a lot of other guys...what a shame this whole thing is.

I think the front runner has to be the NYG. Plenty of money to burn, big market/desirable location, and a defense away from a run at the title.

Could be, but remember, Mario is said to prefer smaller, lower profile cities...he reportedly hated living in Houston. I am thinking Carolina makes a lot of sense, assuming they have the cap space for him.

He doesn't have enough ?

i would have guessed he wants to have fun while winning.

When Mario went off a few weeks ago (after the Redskins game I think..or was it Phily?) he made the first mention I heard from anyone about his salary...I actually believed him at the time, when he seemed to be inferring that he would take less, if he was winning somewhere...he really hates this defense...he was quick to add "I think this team can win, but I won't take a paycut, just to return to the same defense again". Forcing his way out, because he knows Rex isn't going anywhere, and neither is his defensive scheme.

Could be, but remember, Mario is said to prefer smaller, lower profile cities...he reportedly hated living in Houston. I am thinking Carolina makes a lot of sense, assuming they have the cap space for him.

When Mario went off a few weeks ago (after the Redskins game I think..or was it Phily?) he made the first mention I heard from anyone about his salary...I actually believed him at the time, when he seemed to be inferring that he would take less, if he was winning somewhere...he really hates this defense...he was quick to add "I think this team can win, but I won't take a paycut, just to return to the same defense again". Forcing his way out, because he knows Rex isn't going anywhere, and neither is his defensive scheme.

He said something close to that.

my take was he suggested a pay cut by him would not fix the defense.

We read about the same thing.

Like i wrote before

I wonder what the initial cause was for his extreme unhappiness.