Thoughts on Chuck Pagano as DC?

YoloinOhio

Bad, bad, bad situation in Indy and he's not going to be there next year.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/12/31/10695656/report-chuck-pagano-ryan-grigsons-relationship-100-times-worse-than-colts-play-on-field?utm_campaign=stampedeblue&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I don't "expect" Rex to fire Dennis Thurman but have heard media speculate he could make a change there to show he did something. Maybe demote him. Pagano and Rex coached together in Baltimore. Just a thought.

Edited by YoloinOhio

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/12/31/10695656/report-chuck-pagano-ryan-grigsons-relationship-100-times-worse-than-colts-play-on-field?utm_campaign=stampedeblue&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I don't "expect" Rex to fire Dennis Thurman but have heard media speculate he could make a change there to show he did something. Maybe demote him. Pagano and Rex coached together in Baltimore. Just a thought.

He would certainly be an upgrade over Thurman. Hell, just about anyone would.

It just wouldn't make sense for anyone. Chuck Pagano already has a good reputation as a defensive coach, so what good what it do for him to come in and run Rex's defense? Rex will get the credit, not Chuck. And from Rex's standpoint, why would he hire someone who could be viewed as a threat to take his job if things falter?

It just wouldn't make sense for anyone. Chuck Pagano already has a good reputation as a defensive coach, so what good what it do for him to come in and run Rex's defense? Rex will get the credit, not Chuck. And from Rex's standpoint, why would he hire someone who could be viewed as a threat to take his job if things falter?

good points, good sir. Guess I really like Pagano, and saw the connections

After the year this defense has had, if Pagano came in, and then this defense turned into a top 10/top 5 unit again? Yes, I believe he would get the credit.

Pagano doesn't choose the players he's received from mgmt in free agency and the draft although has influence, and the Colts did a poor job of infusing more talent each year since he arrived in Indy.

He prabably would be an upgrade at the position, and Pettine could be his competition. With the heat Rex has faced, i can definitely see a fall guy in Thurmon. He saves face, and brings in a former head coach who was a sound DC in either one of these guys. I know Pettine is supposedly safe, but we'll see after this week. Manziel is now out so it could be ugly after this weekend.

Pagano doesn't choose the players he's received from mgmt in free agency and the draft although has influence, and the Colts did a poor job of infusing more talent each year since he arrived in Indy.

He prabably would be an upgrade at the position, and Pettine could be his competition. With the heat Rex has faced, i can definitely see a fall guy in Thurmon. He saves face, and brings in a former head coach who was a sound DC in either one of these guys. I know Pettine is supposedly safe, but we'll see after this week. Manziel is now out so it could be ugly after this weekend.

You think Rex is going to let his Thurman go?

The Browns aren't letting Pettine go after they just said he stays. Even the Browns wouldn't do that.

it would be cheaper for the Bills to invest in getting Rex ventriloquist lessons, and make him a sock puppet.

since Ryan is gonna tear it down and build it back up - his way - i don't see the point in canning Thurman.. any DC under Rex must be satisfied with playing more of a subordinate role than they would on any other staff. that doesn't very attractive for guys with their own ideas.

As long as Rex is here he is the DC and no DC with any cred will come here.

Did he get cut?

it would be cheaper for the Bills to invest in getting Rex ventriloquist lessons, and make him a sock puppet.

since Ryan is gonna tear it down and build it back up - his way - i don't see the point in canning Thurman.. any DC under Rex must be satisfied with playing more of a subordinate role than they would on any other staff. that doesn't very attractive for guys with their own ideas.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting observations. Rex,being from the Ryan tree of defensive "minds" most likely

Would not offer much independent thought from any new DC.

Pagano is a pushover. This defense needs someone to light a fire under their butts and run a 4-3. Someone like Schwartz!

the reason I mentioned Pagano is he runs a similar D which is a 3-4 hybrid. Schwartz is not a possibility - sorry. Edited by YoloinOhio