Pegulas announce Rex and Whaley will return in 2016

YoloinOhio

It's clear Rex needs to not call the plays and needs to focus more on being head coach overseeing the game day operation.

I don't like Rex and am not happy he is staying. But, since he is I will try to stay positive. AND, since he is staying I AGREE he needs to be more of a HC and not call plays. Coach and empower your staff.

Edited by Manther

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back on things, Wade was the best of the bunch, but he came after Marv and the best years in franchise history. "Pretty good" wasn't good enough then. Now, he'd be a friggin shining star.

I Think Wade has some tread left. I would take him. Does he wear a headset yet?

Childish BS and a meddling owner got him canned.

i know he still has a house in Hamburg or did last year.

I Think Wade has some tread left. I would take him. Does he wear a headset yet?

Childish BS and a meddling owner got him canned.

i know he still has a house in Hamburg or did last year.

I would have liked him over Rex, but he's proven that he's still only "pretty good". While that is better than the Bills have had in a very long time, they should be aiming higher.

I have no faith in Rex, and it will make me sick to see him on the sidelines making bad challenge decisions and mis-managing the clock, while on the field the players are confused and committing penalties every fifth play.

No faith whatsoever because he has given me zero reason to have faith.

I am typically an optimistic fellow but the good Dr raises some points that are unrelated to scheme & roster. Hopefully, Rex can change but there's that whole thing about leopards & spots. I agree with Heitz and enjoy the game day experience regardless of a W/L. Longtime remote season ticket holder & the four of us are traveling 500 mi for the game this weekend. But my family lives in the area so it's also about that. Back on topic - would never give up my tix because we always have an awesome time but it certainly would be so much awesomer if the time between playoff appearances wasn't a generation.

Russ Brandon. God damn this parasite. We will never see a decent team here as long as he's around.

:w00t: more funny stuff, and again sad but true. He is still in the top of the flow chart of the team regardless that the GM & HC both report directly to the owners. I don't want him gone, just away from the football operations side of the team.

One of the posters here who has said he has info into the inner workings of the team stated that Russ Brandon has been very involved in the draft, free agency and in all aspects of player personnel since Marv Levy retired as GM. So the guy behind the curtain pulling all the strings has had zero accountability in that time and still doesn't. Even now his shill's are spreading the disinformation saying he hasn't been involved in any of the football operations sides of things.

Yet, He was clearly the one who said to the Pegula's "don't let him leave the room" during an interview with Rex Ryan. He also told the Pegula's that "they" would know who to hire after talking with all the head coaching candidates. Exactly how on earth would they know as a first time NFL team owners?

Why the Pegula's are giving Ryan, Whaley, Brandon another year after this season's debacle is beyond me. All I know is that if no changes are made I won't be buying season tickets, and I know of many others that feel the same way. Gonna be interesting to see what blockbuster move the team makes to sell those tickets next year. New QB, a vet or rookie draft pick?

Retooling the defense to fit Rex Ryan's scheme still won't help with the late defensive play calls, the bad special teams, the drive killing penalties, the game, red flag mismanagement. So many issues with the team besides the bad defense!

I suppose this is the price Bills fans needed to pay to keep the team in Buffalo :cry:http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/29/bucky-gleason-pegulas-may-be-in-over-their-heads/

People are funny.

This has been said about soooooooooooo many different faces over the last 16 years.

No one person is THE problem. This team needs to get a QB and retool the defense.

Anyone that believes that Russ Brandon is somehow standing in the way of that is out to lunch on that particular topic

They didn't need to retool the #4 defense and we got a top 15 QB and look what happened... Rex needed to have the door hit his ass hard.

I would have liked him over Rex, but he's proven that he's still only "pretty good". While that is better than the Bills have had in a very long time, they should be aiming higher.

true but you know what you will get with him. if he can muster a 10-6 and sneak in the backdoor in the playoffs. Until Brady finally falls off the cliff. Who knows.

never going to happen but I agree he would have been a better hire than Rex. And i think he was unemployed at the time.

:w00t: more funny stuff, and again sad but true. He is still in the top of the flow chart of the team regardless that the GM & HC both report directly to the owners. I don't want him gone, just away from the football operations side of the team.

One of the posters here who has said he has info into the inner workings of the team stated that Russ Brandon has been very involved in the draft, free agency and in all aspects of player personnel since Marv Levy retired as GM. So the guy behind the curtain pulling all the strings has had zero accountability in that time and still doesn't. Even now his shill's are spreading the disinformation saying he hasn't been involved in any of the football operations sides of things.

Yet, He was clearly the one who said to the Pegula's "don't let him leave the room" during an interview with Rex Ryan. He also told the Pegula's that "they" would know who to hire after talking with all the head coaching candidates. Exactly how on earth would they know as a first time NFL team owners?

Why the Pegula's are giving Ryan, Whaley, Brandon another year after this season's debacle is beyond me. All I know is that if no changes are made I won't be buying season tickets, and I know of many others that feel the same way. Gonna be interesting to see what blockbuster move the team makes to sell those tickets next year. New QB, a vet or rookie draft pick?

Retooling the defense to fit Rex Ryan's scheme still won't help with the late defensive play calls, the bad special teams, the drive killing penalties, the game, red flag mismanagement. So many issues with the team besides the bad defense!

I suppose this is the price Bills fans needed to pay to keep the team in Buffalo :cry:http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/29/bucky-gleason-pegulas-may-be-in-over-their-heads/

I'm fairly certain Brandon is the media leak. He almost has to be.

Edited by dneveu

@chrisbrownbills

Pegulas back #Bills front office and coaching staff - Full statement here -

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Pegulas-back-Bills-front-office-and-coaching-staff/fdc9e76f-f5bd-46f2-97c0-642780f3bb30

Terry Pegula: "This stable foundation is necessary to achieve long term success in the NFL" #Bills #BillsMafia

oh well lets make it 17 straight years with no playoffs.

Boy, it's going to be a long 10 months for you and your keyboard.

Not if I put you on ignore. :nana: I've not been timid about posting my thoughts about this head coach since week two of this season and a whole lot more fans were defending him back then. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181760-carucci-disconnect-exists-between-dl-and-scheme/page-16

I've never seen anyone defend one of the very worst head coaches this team has had with so much energy and passion. Almost like you are being paid by the team or by one of the individuals employed by the team...almost.

@chrisbrownbills

Pegulas back #Bills front office and coaching staff - Full statement here -

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Pegulas-back-Bills-front-office-and-coaching-staff/fdc9e76f-f5bd-46f2-97c0-642780f3bb30

Terry Pegula: "This stable foundation is necessary to achieve long term success in the NFL" #Bills #BillsMafia

Very disappointed when I read this PR. Obviously in response to what went down with the Eagles yesterday.

The Pegula's spent 125M guaranteed this year on McCoy, Hughes, Dareus, and Clay with another 27.5M to Rex. If they don't want to make changes so be it.

It's wrong to assume with more job security people will be better at their jobs. What remains is that the GM and HC weren't on the same page in 2015. So why should Bills fans expect that relationship to improve in 2016?

Whaley is on his last year of his contract, this could be looked at as 1 year GET R DUN! I have no confidence he can draft a QB nor do I believe he will get the Bills to the playoffs. There was no way Pegula's could fire Rex with a 7-9 or 8-8 record after 1 year completed on a 5 year deal. Better off letting him fail another year, admiting TT isn't the man and gutting this team with a new President next year. Of course this also could work. We all could find 3-4 more wins with a healthier team and a few changes.

My biggest problem is I am out of town and can't see myself wasting $300/yr to mainly watch bad games from the Bills on Direct TV, not a NFL fan and have Panthers on every week here. They have to do something to get us a good experienced QB that can challenge TT. Need to fix this defense, maybe fire Thurman and hire Rob Ryan as DC so Rex at least could trust the play calling and concentrate on managing game. Be at least hilarious watching these two scream at the Refs all game.

Last, we need a really good #2 receiver, Harvin blew it and Woods regressed. Couldn't get wide open and got hit as he tried to catch and had little after the catch yards.

We could make the playoffs but I see no chance at us beating the better teams without TT becoming great or a franchise QB drafted 1st this spring that really is good!!!!

The Pegula's spent 125M guaranteed this year on McCoy, Hughes, Dareus, and Clay with another 27.5M to Rex. If they don't want to make changes so be it.

It's wrong to assume with more job security people will be better at their jobs. What remains is that the GM and HC weren't on the same page in 2015. So why should Bills fans expect that relationship to improve in 2016?

Some of those contracts are way over the top.Clay being one. I was never a big Chandler fan, and Clay can block but the ROI and injury aside. Is not there. Could be the offensive philosophy. Was a GM possibly listening to bad advice?

Hughes? i think they paid for him to keep the line together. That Didn't turn out well. dareus they really had no choice. i expect big things frm him next year. Since more than likely the cancer on the D-line will be gone. it will be all on Rex's back moving forward.

People are funny.

This has been said about soooooooooooo many different faces over the last 16 years.

No one person is THE problem. This team needs to get a QB and retool the defense.

Anyone that believes that Russ Brandon is somehow standing in the way of that is out to lunch on that particular topic

retool the defense? you mean go back to the D before Rex screwed it up?

Disappointing, but not unexpected. With a little better luck on the injuries and some better fitting personnel, things might improve. Like most of you, I will watch until it becomes unbearable. I'm curious to see how Brandon sells this turd, though. It will require all his skills. My prediction is that the Pegulas will see that and mostly empty stadium and boxes will lose them more money than cutting Rex loose. Just have to endure one more ugly season. 17 it is!

Happy New Year, all. Your conversations make it all worth it.