Pegulas announce Rex and Whaley will return in 2016

YoloinOhio

He is the chump of all chumps. I don't care if he is in the draft war room or not, but it does bother me that he has Pegs' ear on organizational issues such as hiring HC's, keeping GM's., and just overall general influence. Like I said, I have faith that Pegs will eventually figure things out.

Right on Man , that is all we can do . I got some faith too.

Really? Even after the Sabres promotion? What would have to happen do you think for him to figure it out?

subscribed/sarcasm

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're the one not living in reality. You seem to think Russ Brandon has a magical role with the team where he sits on clouds and prints season tickets. You actually trust him, because your favorite beverage is Kool Aid.

Now you're simply being childish

Not a single statement of mine comes anywhere near implying any of that

Don't shoot the messenger just because your little conspiracy theory to blame one guy for 16 years of failure doesn't hold water

Really? Even after the Sabres promotion? What would have to happen do you think for him to figure it out?

I can't say about the Sabres part, but I hope that a consultant/czar who truly knows how to run a football organization can set things straight. Right now, all Pegs has is Russ, DW, and Rex. :doh:

Failing that, I think after a few more years of first-hand experiencing Brandon's BS and bad advice that Pegs will see the light.

Edited by Rico

He is the chump of all chumps. I don't care if he is in the draft war room or not, but it does bother me that he has Pegs' ear on organizational issues such as hiring HC's, keeping GM's., and just overall general influence. Like I said, I have faith that Pegs will eventually figure things out.

I have no problem with someone not liking Russ for this reason

It's the nonsensical attribution of issues like draft picks, trades, and FA signings to him that makes no sense

I have no problem with someone not liking Russ for this reason

It's the nonsensical attribution of issues like draft picks, trades, and FA signings to him that makes no sense

I dislike his entire persona, his lack of honesty and accountability and it's difficult for me to accept the laissez faire management style you attribute to him.

I am not saying he's literally selecting the draft picks, I'm saying that he has a strong voice with the team, and there's no stronger indictment than his involvement with the coaching searches. I think he has a lot of say and it negatively impacts the team.

Is that better?

Edited by fridge

I dislike his entire persona, his lack of honesty and accountability and it's difficult for me to accept the laissez faire management style you attribute to him.

I am not saying he's literally selecting the draft picks, I'm saying that he has a strong voice with the team, and there's no stronger indictment than his involvement with the coaching searches. I think he has a lot of say and it negatively impacts the team.

Is that better?

It's certainly more grounded in reality

Is that better?

I'm not challenging you, I'm curious: what was he dishonest about?

I'm not challenging you, I'm curious: what was he dishonest about?

Beyond his general dishonest persona (I'm not trying to be baseless - but seriously he oozes corporate shill)...

Without really digging up all the things he's said while trotting out his new head coaches, or the times he's spent praising the Toronto series for regionalization, off the top of my head he lied pretty consistently about the "analytics" department, which was nothing more than a marketing ploy.

Beyond his general dishonest persona (I'm not trying to be baseless - but seriously he oozes corporate shill)...

Without really digging up all the things he's said while trotting out his new head coaches, or the times he's spent praising the Toronto series for regionalization, off the top of my head he lied pretty consistently about the "analytics" department, which was nothing more than a marketing ploy.

Plus he clearly sucks at his job. I mean...who uses "analytics department" as a marketing ploy?

You do realize that Rex's defenses have all but 1 been in the top 10 before this year? The one year he was before this year his defense was 11th.

Before last year Schwartz never had a top 10 defense.

That said I feel strongly that whoever the DC is that is calling plays in and making adjustments has to make a significant improvement over this year.

2011: Jets had solid rushing and passing yards per game despite how poorly the team played, but they were 20th in points per game.

2012: Jets were 20th in points per game and 26th rush yards per game, their great pass yards per game ranking made them a top 10 team overall when really it was a above average defense

2013: 22nd in pass yards per game and 19th in points per game, this time it is the opposite their great rush yards per game rankings gave them a top 11 ranking when it really was a above average defense

2014: Surprisingly, Jets had solid rushing and passing yards per game despite how poorly the team played, but they were 24th in points per game, probably not on Rex's defense so I'll will give him a pass on this season.

Schwartz D 2014 rankings: 4th in points per game, 11th in rush yards per game, and 3rd in pass yards per game, so across the board Buffalo had a top end defense, something Rex's teams in New York and now Buffalo did not in recent years. There was no way regardless how Rex boasted that he would improve on these numbers, in fact I'm not sure Schwartz could either. But, at least if Schwartz had stayed the Defensive numbers would have stayed in the top ten in most category unlike Rex's defense.

Rex Buffalo D 2015 rankings: 23rd in pass yards per game, 15th in rush yards per game, and 16th in points per game, overall big drop in pass yards per game, not much of a drop in rush yards per game, and decent drop in points per game. Rex's D obviously had a difficult transition for the Buffalo D, but overall recently it has proven to be a very above average defense where either the run or pass yards are great, but it tends to allow points and it's not a completely strong D. So, I expect next year's numbers to improve, but I don't expect a top ten especially the numbers Schwartz's D posted

Rex's ego would not allow this to happen. Either would Schwartz's

Oh no doubt, but in the end do you really think that if Schwartz had stayed and had similar results, that Rex would be happy that somebody else's Defense was having success without any of his input or scheming, doubt it.

over 15 years without a playoff appearance is the epitome of stability...

Rex is not responsible for 15 years he's responsible for 1

Oh no doubt, but in the end do you really think that if Schwartz had stayed and had similar results, that Rex would be happy that somebody else's Defense was having success without any of his input or scheming, doubt it.

seriosly you think Rex would be pissed if the Bills were winning and in the playoffs with Schwatrz as his dc