Something wicked this way comes...

Lenigmusx

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/01/rex_ryan_explains_firing_jim_schwartz_says_buffalo_bills_defense_will_rank_no_1.html

I had to go back and find this article. Read it a check all the buzz-words and bravado. Yet in the end we are a shell...in fact less than a shell of what we were last year defensively. I remember thinking OK Rex is fine if and only if he retains Schwartz. I also think one of the other large losses is Pepper Johnson as Defensive line coach. These boys are made to rush the passer and they know how to stop the run as well. This year is the biggest waste of talent in franchise history. Wade Phillips made a number one defense out of less talent in 1999. Fire Rex and bring in Schwartz and we will make the playoffs next year. I will guarantee it with my Bravado. Get er done Whaley.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/01/rex_ryan_explains_firing_jim_schwartz_says_buffalo_bills_defense_will_rank_no_1.html

I had to go back and find this article. Read it a check all the buzz-words and bravado. Yet in the end we are a shell...in fact less than a shell of what we were last year defensively. I remember thinking OK Rex is fine if and only if he retains Schwartz. I also think one of the other large losses is Pepper Johnson as Defensive line coach. These boys are made to rush the passer and they know how to stop the run as well. This year is the biggest waste of talent in franchise history. Wade Phillips made a number one defense out of less talent in 1999. Fire Rex and bring in Schwartz and we will make the playoffs next year. I will guarantee it with my Bravado. Get er done Whaley.

Not a chance Schwartz is coming back to buffalo. Not to sure why people still think it's a possibility

Not a chance Schwartz is coming back to buffalo. Not to sure why people still think it's a possibility

I'm not sure why people keep thinking everything will be better if the Bills bring him in as a Head coach when he was only a successful co-ordinator. Bring him back under an upgraded head coach to run the defence, sure, but as a Head coach who would have his hands in the defence with a puppet co-ordinator? no thanks. His run as Bills defensive co-ordinator was great, but he didn't do anything to make it believable that he would be any more successful as a Head coach then he was in Detroit.

Fire Rex, do whatever with Whaley, just this time do a little more research into who you chose as a Head coach and what their intentions are for the coaching staff. Also make sure the coach is in line with using the players currently on the team to their strengths rather then trying ot make them fit a scheme that they aren't suited for or having to get rid of half the talented players on this roster to try and find new talented players who fit the coaches new scheme

Never say never in the football world. Coaches are as competitive as players and if the Pegulas offered him the job and no other offers were around I think he'd jump at the chance, despite any history with Buffalo.

That being said is still think Rex will be around next year and Dennis Thurman will be the scapegoat. I hope its a new head coach though.

I was concerned at the start about Rex changing the defensive scheme and concerned he would force his D that didn't fit the players. But then him and Thurman told us they don't run a 3-4, their defense is multiple and players will be put in a position of their strength. I bought into it but now realize they tried fitting a square peg in a round hole and ruined the D. Biggest waste of talent ever and a lost season. Very frustrating!

Why do you think that? He left on his own for good reason in that he wasn't going to be a puppet. I have no problem with that.

Of course he wouldn't come back now to be DC under Rex for the very same reasons. But why do you think he would say no if he was offered the HC job? I would bet money he would take it. Lot's of money. I don't want him personally but $ talks.

I also think Wade Phillips would come back here to be a HC. Again $ talks.

It's a strange and limited profession to be in you know. Ever think a guy like Billy Martin would do what he did?

Edited by beerme1

I'm not sure why people keep thinking everything will be better if the Bills bring him in as a Head coach when he was only a successful co-ordinator. Bring him back under an upgraded head coach to run the defence, sure, but as a Head coach who would have his hands in the defence with a puppet co-ordinator? no thanks. His run as Bills defensive co-ordinator was great, but he didn't do anything to make it believable that he would be any more successful as a Head coach then he was in Detroit.

Fire Rex, do whatever with Whaley, just this time do a little more research into who you chose as a Head coach and what their intentions are for the coaching staff. Also make sure the coach is in line with using the players currently on the team to their strengths rather then trying ot make them fit a scheme that they aren't suited for or having to get rid of half the talented players on this roster to try and find new talented players who fit the coaches new scheme

I asked this in another chain and got no substantial answer.

Exactly what were the reasons given by those in the know of why Schwartz failed as head coach? I did not follow his old team.

If he showed an ability to adapt his schemes to the strengths of the players available rather than trying to rebuild the team or put square pegs in round holes, was able to instill discipline in his players, provided real leadership, had an ability to adapt his schemes rapidly during games according to the actions of his opponents, and was not an egomaniac who put himself above the needs and success of the team, I would say he would be a major step up from Rex.

Yes, he has made it clear he would not come back as a DC, but he WANTS another chance as HC, wherever.

I asked this in another chain and got no substantial answer.

Exactly what were the reasons given by those in the know of why Schwartz failed as head coach? I did not follow his old team.

If he showed an ability to adapt his schemes to the strengths of the players available rather than trying to rebuild the team or put square pegs in round holes, was able to instill discipline in his players, provided real leadership, had an ability to adapt his schemes rapidly during games according to the actions of his opponents, and was not an egomaniac who put himself above the needs and success of the team, I would say he would be a major step up from Rex.

Yes, he has made it clear he would not come back as a DC, but he WANTS another chance as HC, wherever.

He was sort of an asshat.

I think Cleveland's firing of Chud after 1 year, which was followed by an embarrassing coaching search in which they couldn't get anyone interested in the position, offers an object lesson in why Rex is going nowhere this year.

The focus this year will be on making Rex work, not on jettisoning him.

I think Cleveland's firing of Chud after 1 year, which was followed by an embarrassing coaching search in which they couldn't get anyone interested in the position, offers an object lesson in why Rex is going nowhere this year.

The focus this year will be on making Rex work, not on jettisoning him.

I agree that this is the most likely scenario.

Why do you think that? He left on his own for good reason in that he wasn't going to be a puppet. I have no problem with that.

Of course he wouldn't come back now to be DC under Rex for the very same reasons. But why do you think he would say no if he was offered the HC job? I would bet money he would take it. Lot's of money. I don't want him personally but $ talks.

I also think Wade Phillips would come back here to be a HC. Again $ talks.

It's a strange and limited profession to be in you know. Ever think a guy like Billy Martin would do what he did?

If he were offered the HC position he might. Not for DC obviously.