What is the deal with Dareus?

Harryhood280

I think he's played well but the scheme is not utilizing him the same way. He and Hughes both played well IMO.

If they keep same scheme, I believe he will be aided by the addition of true NT which will free him up to be more of the 2014 Dareus.

To me, any lack of "visibility" with him really is scheme-based, whereas Mario is a combination of that and lack of total commitment/effort/focus/heart....

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't blame it all on rex's scheme. Just can't. Good players are good no matter what you have them do. Zone blitzing is great when it works. When it doesn't, i guess lets all blame the coach or something, for not motivating players who should be motiviated to win. Its crap excuses from the coaches on down.

My guess? The defense is lazy, and not getting enough work in on film study.

I can't blame it all on rex's scheme. Just can't. Good players are good no matter what you have them do. Zone blitzing is great when it works. When it doesn't, i guess lets all blame the coach or something, for not motivating players who should be motiviated to win. Its crap excuses from the coaches on down.

Overly simplistic, and simply not true.

through all the disappointment and head-scratching, mind-numbing performances this year, no one stands out more to me than Dareus. he has gone from a generational talent who single handedly disrupts offenses to completely invisible and inconsequential. Why? Is it Rex's D's fault? Is he emotionally broken by the personal tragedy in his life? Did he decide to stop playing hard after getting paid, saving his body some damage? I can't figure it out. What happened to the big man?

He got paid...

I think he's played well but the scheme is not utilizing him the same way. He and Hughes both played well IMO.

If they keep same scheme, I believe he will be aided by the addition of true NT which will free him up to be more of the 2014 Dareus.

To me, any lack of "visibility" with him really is scheme-based, whereas Mario is a combination of that and lack of total commitment/effort/focus/heart....

Agreed. But why didn't Rex ask for a NT if he needed Dareus to do so? Seems like an incredible waste to spend 106 million and then turn him into a run stuffer only.

Remember how awesome Mario, Kyle and Dareus were under Wannstedt 4-3? Me neither, coaching matters.

through all the disappointment and head-scratching, mind-numbing performances this year, no one stands out more to me than Dareus. he has gone from a generational talent who single handedly disrupts offenses to completely invisible and inconsequential. Why? Is it Rex's D's fault? Is he emotionally broken by the personal tragedy in his life? Did he decide to stop playing hard after getting paid, saving his body some damage? I can't figure it out. What happened to the big man?

He's playing the wrong position now.

Remember how awesome Mario, Kyle and Dareus were under Wannstedt 4-3? Me neither, coaching matters.

Yes - under wanny horrendous, under Pettine, pretty good v the pass susceptible to the run, under schwarz very good at both, under Rex middling to horrible at both.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

great question - probably a lot of info we just aren't privy to know

Hopefully someone asks Chris Brown or Rex or Whaley this question. Answering questions like that will go a long way in getting fans to buy into next year.

I feel like defending continuity but I want a plan that makes sense. Right now fans should have every right to wonder why players that were good last year can;t make plays this year.

Hopefully someone asks Chris Brown or Rex or Whaley this question. Answering questions like that will go a long way in getting fans to buy into next year.

I feel like defending continuity but I want a plan that makes sense. Right now fans should have every right to wonder why players that were good last year can;t make plays this year.

yup

Same issue with the entire D line....scheme.....