We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

Dalton by a mile. He turned down pro bowl as did all the other good afc qbs so our guy made it.

It is not based on conferences. It is the entire league.

The QBs that were ahead of him (includes alternates added): Wilson, Cam, Rodgers, Brady, Eli, Dalton, Ben, Palmer, Brees, Rivers and Carr.

That would have him at 12. That is pretty good considering the above factors covered by Alpha.

That has him ahead of Alex Smith, Jameis, Brigewater, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, Cutler, Bradford, Dallas Qb, St. Louis Qb, Cousins, Ryan, Stafford, Indy QB, Hoyer, SF QB, Bortles, Mariota, Peyton, Flacco and Cleveland QB).

Not bad

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder when the last time a ProBowl QB was labeled not good enough that was also essentially a rookie, played hurt most that season, lost all his offensive weapons (every single one and many of their backups) for periods of the season, didn't get first team reps on the offseason like an anointed starter would, first year in a new system, first year the whole team was in a new system, lots of OL injuries, and when he did have his weapons, they were often playing hurt and at less than full speed?

Seriously, anyone questioning Taylors potential right now should probably not be allowed to evaluate QBs anymore. And sorry "Dude", but your statistical analysis is a complete joke. We were the top rushing team in the league, we had a young QB, we lost our best receiving weapons frequently, and everyone was learning a new offense...you KNOW this...yet you choose to use Yardage TOTALS to discredit the kid when that has nothing to do with his skill and potential given the offense that was ran and was the offense chosen MONTHS before Tyrod was ever close to being the starter. Not to mention, you carefully ignore his plays with his legs as a QB.

This is just like all the foolish garbage BS people were trying to say about Russell not being Elite...because of his yardage totals in a run heavy offense despite the fact his passing efficiency was outstanding. Im not saying TT is on Russels level yet, but what I am saying is that its absolutely stupid to point to passing yard totals as a barometer on a QBs ability when the QB in question is also a dual threat and not count his rushing yards and also not take into effect the run first offense of a top rushing team in the NFL.

No way. People are allowed to have doubts. You listed a bunch of excuses, but even looking past that...

of course Tyrod played well (better than expected for sure), but man oh man you're being really uptight if you think no one is allowed to doubt his ability to be good enough to win consistently.

No way. People are allowed to have doubts. You listed a bunch of excuses, but even looking past that...

of course Tyrod played well (better than expected for sure), but man oh man you're being really uptight if you think no one is allowed to doubt his ability to be good enough to win consistently.

Excuses, :lol:

Dalton by a mile. He turned down pro bowl as did all the other good afc qbs so our guy made it.

Dalton does not look so hot when he does not have his weapons.....I think his play has proven that.

and Hoyer being better (you didnt say that Gug did)...come on I cant take that seriously

The probowl means nothing in regards to actual talent. If you feel Tyrod is a "real" Qb or not, stop trying to use the probowl as any type of measure of ability.

There are how many starting QBs in the NFL?

Regardless of super bowl QBs that bow out.....how many were not elected to the pro bowl?

Ok then

Dalton does not look so hot when he does not have his weapons.....I think his play has proven that.

and Hoyer being better (you didnt say that Gug did)...come on I cant take that seriously

Regardless of super bowl QBs that bow out.....how many were not elected to the pro bowl?

Ok then

Taylor being named to the Pro Bowl does not retroactively change the quality of his season, or improve upon his positive or negatives.

He's exactly the same guy he was before this.

I'm so sick of "Tyrod's not the reason we lost" crap. True, Tyrod has played well enough for us to win games we've lost. But in those games he didn't play well enough to win them. And that's why we will never be good with Tyrod.

I'm so sick of reading crap like this.

Look at the numbers. TT was the best Bills QB we have seen in a decade. This was ONLY the first year the guy has ever really played. You don't see how he's going to get better. 14 games under his belt with a winning record, great TD to inception ratio, duel threat, and high completion percentages.

The Bills failed to reach for the playoff for lots of reason but TT wasn't near the top of that list.

EJ falling apart vs Jacksonville

Couldn't stop the run vs the Giants

poor game plan vs NE the first time around

I personally want to see this guy develop some. I not saying let give him a $100M contract, I don't how good you are, no one should get that kind of money but the market is what it is. Nevertheless, I'd be willing to bridge the guy, 2 years 10/12 million.

Now drafting a QB in round 2 or 3 makes sense, because I just don't see how EJ can continue to be the backup but no way should we waste a 1st round pick when we have holes everywhere. This team needs DE, LC, DB, TE and OL help.

A largely unproven, albeit exciting, young quarterback with some large holes in his game that need to be improved upon before anointing him anything other than the 2016 starting quarterback.

Unless we find someone better in the off season.

Hence "promising" but there not large holes in his game

There is room for improvement

I like this. It's not a problem, it's an opportunity. :thumbsup:

Ok then

Do you have a point in there? The probowl has never been about the "best" at their position

I'm so sick of reading crap like this.

Look at the numbers. TT was the best Bills QB we have seen in a decade. This was ONLY the first year the guy has ever really played. You don't see how he's going to get better. 14 games under his belt with a winning record, great TD to inception ratio, duel threat, and high completion percentages.

The Bills failed to reach for the playoff for lots of reason but TT wasn't near the top of that list.

EJ falling apart vs Jacksonville

Couldn't stop the run vs the Giants

poor game plan vs NE the first time around

I personally want to see this guy develop some. I not saying let give him a $100M contract, I don't how good you are, no one should get that kind of money but the market is what it is. Nevertheless, I'd be willing to bridge the guy, 2 years 10/12 million.

Now drafting a QB in round 2 or 3 makes sense, because I just don't see how EJ can continue to be the backup but no way should we waste a 1st round pick when we have holes everywhere. This team needs DE, LC, DB, TE and OL help.

Lost to the Giants because we couldn't stop the run!?

They averaged 3.28 ypc.

Relative to this conversation, we dropped the Giants game because of the offense. Period. It's not even an argument.

We had 14 possessions in that game:

Result (plays)

Punt (3)

Punt (3)

FG (5)

Int (1)

Punt (3)

Punt (3)

Punt (6)

Punt (3)

Punt (3)

Missed FG (13)

Turnover on Downs (7)

TD (3)

Fumble (3)

Turnover on Downs (14)

Now, you can argue that TT wasn't to blame for all of that. I mean you can argue it. It's a stretch to say he's absolved of that abysmal performance. But to say they lost to NYG because they couldn't stop the run is categorically cuckoo.

The fact that game was even remotely winnable is a testament to, not a critique of the defense.