Around the NFL: Odell Beckhams meltdown

boyst

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol how many posts are you up to since promising you left the thread for good? a dozen? you got no game man. I hope shady is better at keeping his promises than you are, but since lack of skill is an issue in both your cases, i doubt it

You were warned earlier in this thread...

He went to shake the guys hand? So he did or did not feel threatened by the guy standing with a bat dressed in "all black clothes", spooooooky attire btw :lol:

This all reeks of a PR Expert going through the film and saying ok "here is what we have to do to turn the tide - 1) Odell is the victim 2) Get former player support 3) The Panthers are cold stone killers"

As for the Beckham retreated thing, his signature is to get his punches and cheap shots in and then when a player retaliates (which is also not ok), he holds his hands up like "I didn't do anything!"

I know I always feel like my life is threatened surrounded by about 50 police officers and being watched by millions of folks.

He went to shake the guys hand? So he did or did not feel threatened by the guy standing with a bat dressed in "all black clothes", spooooooky attire btw :lol:

This all reeks of a PR Expert going through the film and saying ok "here is what we have to do to turn the tide - 1) Odell is the victim 2) Get former player support 3) The Panthers are cold stone killers"

As for the Beckham retreated thing, his signature is to get his punches and cheap shots in and then when a player retaliates (which is also not ok), he holds his hands up like "I didn't do anything!"

And when all else fails, scream "raaaaaycists!!!" or "homophobes!!!" as loud as possible.

I know I always feel like my life is threatened surrounded by about 50 police officers and being watched by millions of folks.

And 50 of your teammates standing within about 20 feet. A bat thing is hilarious. One dude casually walking through the middle of the Giants team warmup. Ooohhhh....he was soooo threatening!!

Actually he didn't. And it's clear now who instigated with it baseball bats and body slam opening series. But not a peep from the crew who will never forgive OBJ because Bills FO over drafted Watkins. Any reasonable person would agree baseball bats on the field, and threatening other players with them has no place in football. Only when presented with video evidence does thug coach rivera retrench

Yep that is too much, The baseball bats. Surprised the team wasn't fined.

seriously. should have eject Odell and Josh both. the refs lost control of the game early.

if only i was facing you this week i would be talking so much **** about this right now. you pansy ass.

The most objective and reasonable account ive heard of what started it. Anyone who still putting in all on OBJ, just speaks volumes about your own lack of integrity. Yeah, we could have had OBJ and another 1st round pick instead of Sammy, but it's no reason to condone this..

Giants punter reveals bat threat that spooked Beckham

We were going through our regular routine, Odell was dancing around as he does, and he got to the 50 [yard line] and there was a guy dressed in warmup clothes, not in football gear, and he was kind of looking at Odell, Wing said. Odell was still dancing around, went to shake his hand, the guy just kind of looked at his hand and he didnt go to shake his hand. I know there were a couple of words exchanged between the two and we kept warming up.

I looked back and noticed he was coming over towards where we were at on our side of the field, he got to about the 40, 35 yard line, they were just yelling at each other. Odell was, Why you not playing? kind of just back and forth, and that guy was like, Ill be the reason you dont play today and other days. Thats what he said. After that it got kind of broken up, thats when I stepped in the middle of em because they were getting pretty close. Then the ref came in and kind of sent him away, he went back to his side of the field and we just went on about our pregame.

Did Wing sense this was a legitimate threat?

I mean, he had a baseball bat, Wing said. He never swung it at Odell or anything like that, but it was there, it was present. He had a baseball bat. Were on a football field, he had a baseball bat.

It was a legitimate threat. The guy was in an area he was not supposed to be, obviously.

Asked how Beckham reacted, Wing said: Yeah, I think shaken him up is an accurate way to put it.

There are reports about anti-gay slurs being directed at Beckham. Wing did not hear any of that.

I cant remember, to be honest with you, Wing said. The only thing I can remember clearly was what was said to him about he would be the reason Odell would not play today and other days.

An opposing player crossing the 50-yard line is rare Wing said hes never seen it before in his three years in the NFL. After a game official came over to break up the jawing between Ball and Beckham, Wing watched as Ball went over to the Carolina side of the field.

All I saw was as soon as the little commotion between Odell and this man broke up I kind of still watched him as he went back to his side of the field and he went straight to Josh Norman and they had a little conversation, Wing said. I dont know what they were talking about.

Wing is convinced the officials could have controlled the situation if they threw penalty flags earlier in the game.

I think it had a lot to do with, I think it was the fourth or fifth play, [beckham] got body slammed, he retreated, he had his hands in the air, which is a universal sign of retreat, Wing said. Josh then body slammed him and there was flags or no help or no intervention by any official. That kind of let Odell know what kind of day it was going to be and if anyone was to stick up for Odell it had to be himself. Because the officials made it clear at that point in time they didnt want to control it or didnt have any control over it.

I dont even know if theres any disciplinary actions for referees, but I think they at least have to have a talking to just to know in future games, you can stop that before it gets to that point.

http://nypost.com/2015/12/23/giants-punter-reveals-bat-threat-that-spooked-beckham/

The more I read the defense of Beckham by his teammates and coaches, the more I'm convinced he's just a major league pu$$y.

The level of those rushing to his defense about how he was "provoked" is directly proportionate to his level of culpability. I can't wait until he comes across someone who is as unhinged as he is on the field.

GO BILLS!!!

The more I read the defense of Beckham by his teammates and coaches, the more I'm convinced he's just a major league pu$$y.

The level of those rushing to his defense about how he was "provoked" is directly proportionate to his level of culpability. I can't wait until he comes across someone who is as unhinged as he is on the field.

GO BILLS!!!

is this day and age of nfl? hard to fathom an actual chance of that happening, the players now are rather sissy.

is this day and age of nfl? hard to fathom an actual chance of that happening, the players now are rather sissy.

Did anyone else listen to the Wood interview where he discussed at Louisville they used to bring, I think he said it was a maul (for those who don't know, that's a sort of cross between an ax and a splitting wedge, like a splitting wedge on a heavy handle) onto the field during warmups "to remind them of all the work they put in chopping wood in the summer".

Suuuuuuuuuuure that's why you guys brought it, Woodsy. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Can we start calling Odell "Nancy" (as in Kerrigan)?

GO BILLS!!!

Wait, YOU weren't convicted of his wussishness after his display against our hometown team?

Or are you saying that this just cemented it for you?

For me, I knew what he was when he came unglued whilst being manhandled by Gilmore (and Darby to a lesser extent).

where is ed reed when you need him?

John Lynch

Mike Curtis etc.

clean his clock. be better than any colon detox program to have him purge his bowels after a good ole head hunter spying him and telling him his Mom is gonna feel this one

and no, i dont care for the player.

Wait, YOU weren't convicted of his wussishness after his display against our hometown team?

For me, I knew what he was when he came unglued whilst being manhandled by Gilmore (and Darby to a lesser extent).

This.

I did not even know who he was except the comparison to our Sammy.

But that game said plenty about little Odell for me.

Yeah, cemented it for me. If Gilmore were more of a douche, he really could have gotten Beckham off his game that day. And he had a pedestrian day as it was.

He's a good receiver, that's it. I really don't think he's one of the best in the game from a purely critical standpoint of the position.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, cemented it for me. If Gilmore were more of a douche, he really could have gotten Beckham off his game that day. And he had a pedestrian day as it was.

He's a good receiver, that's it. I really don't think he's one of the best in the game from a purely critical standpoint of the position.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, he's very good.

I do, however, think it's quite telling that teams don't really sell out to stop him the way they do other WRs.

Oh oh. This means that Giants are going to make a big play for Richie in free agency.

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to Josh Norman interviewed on the lebatard show.

On his style of play vs wideouts. Some wr's are nice and we have a nice friendly battle, other guys want to make it ugly and if they do I can do that too. They ain't gonna beat me playing that game though.

Odell the Mary he is ran his trap and Norman kicked his ass.

Giants 6-10.