AW rising to "leader" role

Rex Ryan influence = lack of leadership. Lack of leadership creates a lack of responsibility. This goes hand in hand with excuses and talking sideways. This, folks, is Rex Ryan. Without results on the field it is a circus on the sideline.

At least with Marrone that could unite in frustration, at the worst.

Edited by Boyst62

Love that guy. I really thought he was trending toward that leadership role last year and then after week 2 everything changed with the injury. He's always been very emotional. But he plays with a ton of fire. I think it's great that he's taking on this role despite not being able to play.

What the article edits out is how aw wishes to lead the team in 15 yard penalties. Before injury he was the most irresponsible hot head on the team even without rexs lack of control. He and hughes had a pact i overheard in the hallway as he rode away on the cart...aw said..."man you gots ta do dis....i cants commits dem fouls when my necks be broke." Hughes answered as he shook his hand...."I gots dis!"

10 weeks later Hughes leads his team with an all time record in fouls.

Edited by enlightener

AW is a class clown. He's no leader. We have no leadership on this team and that's a huge part of the problem. We need some veteran guys that have won somewhere to show these young guys what it means to be a professional. Rex needs his Ray Lewis or this won't work

What the article edits out is how aw wishes to lead the team in 15 yard penalties. Before injury he was the most irresponsible hot head on the team even without rexs lack of control. He and hughes had a pact i overheard in the hallway as he rode away on the cart...aw said..."man you gots ta do dis....i cants commits dem fouls when my necks be broke." Hughes answered as he shook his hand...."I gots dis!"

oh yea, I forgot we're all supposed to speak Ebonics. Thanks for reminding me. Cus yous no. Uh, sometimes, I's fo'gets

amazing.

that is really offensive.

Rex Ryan influence = lack of leadership. Lack of leadership creates a lack of responsibility. This goes hand in hand with excuses and talking sideways. This, folks, is Rex Ryan. Without results on the field it is a circus on the sideline.

At least with Marrone that could unite in frustration, at the worst.

??

Uhh Aaron Williams has a strong southern accent and speaks perfectly fine... Really racist dude.

I like Aaron Williams. It's nice that he wants to take a veteran leadership role on the team. I hope he can do that. At the beginning of this year he was far from that with his immature shenanigans during the first Patsies** game which played a big role in digging us into a big hole early.

I found the following excerpt interesting:

“With Fred here, it was just Fred,” Aaron Williams said. “People chimed in every once in a while, but everybody knew: Fred, that’s the guy to go to. Now, I feel like people go to Wood, people go to me, people go to Corey, people go to, you know, certain guys.

“Before, people followed Fred, people listened, just like people listened to Ray Lewis. When Ray Lewis talked, everybody stopped what they were doing and listened. Same thing with Fred. At the same time, we’ve got to know that he’s not here anymore. We can’t count on Fred.”

Asked if an adjustment needed to be made to fill the leadership void created by Jackson’s departure, Wood paused for about five seconds. Then, he took a deep breath and said, “Yeah, Fred was an excellent leader for this football team. And him not being in the huddle probably left a spot for Tyrod and maybe even Shady to have more of a voice at times.”

The bolded part is what I thought all along. Rex or Doug or whoever didn't want the team leader to be an aging RB. He wanted it to be Tyrod. It's Tyrod''s team. Tyrod wouldn't be leader as long as Fred was here. So move Fred along. Too bad it didn't work out that way.

I do find it encouraging that several players have come out and said they bought into hype and the team needs to be more disciplined and the team lacks leadership. Hopefully the players can pull together and we can achieve this in spite of Rex.

Edited by reddogblitz

Are you trying to be funny or are you just that ignorant? Either way you can stop the foolishness now.

Funny stuff right there.

I laughed at Jeb Bush last night when he said NUCKELAR and not NUCLEAR. Its not a big deal people. I do agree that AW speaks properly but others like Watkins cant string together 2 sentences without making some errors.

I say ask, some say AKS. However I say WAD UP DUDE while others say WHAT'S UP MY FRIEND.

WHo cares!

Edited by fredex22

I think it's great that AW wants to be a leader on the team, and he may be the guy to do it. But like others have said, he's also been very good at doing things that leaders don't do, like being really hot-headed during games and taking really stupid penalties. I would think that needs to be addressed before people take him seriously as a leader.

How much of a leader can you be when you're not on the field and 50-50 to retire early? You need to lead by example so leaders have to play.

So much this. If you're a 10 year vet with a long track record of success and leadership, you can do it from the sidelines. AW, though I like him, and we clearly are better with him on the field, really doesnt have the gravitas to step up and do this

AW is no leader. It takes more than BS Talk. The team is completely rudderless.KW sidelined

FJ cut. Those guys are/were natural leaders.

Is AW NFL pension eligible? because he's done. he was an okay player.

But,he should have learned some mental and on field emotional control.

That is how great "leaders" lead by example. Not Ra Ra sideline talk. IMO of course.

Edited by Best Player Available

AW is a class clown. He's no leader. We have no leadership on this team and that's a huge part of the problem. We need some veteran guys that have won somewhere to show these young guys what it means to be a professional. Rex needs his Ray Lewis or this won't work

You may be off here.

He absolutely came out of the gate too hot. But he is a very good ball player and definitely found a leadership role before injured.

He is a veteran guy.

?

I like Aaron Williams. It's nice that he wants to take a veteran leadership role on the team. I hope he can do that. At the beginning of this year he was far from that with his immature shenanigans during the first Patsies** game which played a big role in digging us into a big hole early.

I found the following excerpt interesting:

The bolded part is what I thought all along. Rex or Doug or whoever didn't want the team leader to be an aging RB. He wanted it to be Tyrod. It's Tyrod''s team. Tyrod wouldn't be leader as long as Fred was here. So move Fred along. Too bad it didn't work out that way.

I do find it encouraging that several players have come out and said they bought into hype and the team needs to be more disciplined and the team lacks leadership. Hopefully the players can pull together and we can achieve this in spite of Rex.

You have a good point. I have posted in other threads that Tyrod has earned that opportunity, and should develop it over the off season and moving into training camp etc.

So much this. If you're a 10 year vet with a long track record of success and leadership, you can do it from the sidelines. AW, though I like him, and we clearly are better with him on the field, really doesnt have the gravitas to step up and do this

this is probably the reality of it though