Carucci doesn't expect any offseason changes...

YoloinOhio

:thumbsup: If it were just the defense going from #4 overall to #20, or the #1 sacking team going to 30th :doh: But its not, and there is so much more!

1. Its his big mouth by providing the opposing team bulletin board material to help motivate them!
  2. The Penalties, lack of team discipline is astounding at times. 15 penalties for 101 yards, in one game, really? The Eagles had 5 penalties.
  3. The special teams that was among the best last year with the same coach, and basically the same players is now one of the worst.
  4. Bad game management at times
  5. Bad red flag management at times
  6. inability to get the most out of the players on the roster. Players need to fit his scheme or it doesn't work is ludicrous that three all pro players from last year are now nearly invisible!
  7. utter failure in his area of expertise

Talk about a complete failure in just about every aspect of a team. One more year or five more years like he had with the NY Jets. I don't see this team going anywhere but down. Hire those consultants like the Jets did, and let them advise what course of action to take. The Jets dumped big talking Ryan, and hired a new GM-HC. They are now currently 8-5 with the 6th seed in the playoffs, and are winning with noodle arm Ryan Fitzpasspick. Plus they are currently tied with the 4th best record in the AFC with Chan Gailey as OC.

The Bills had a playoff caliber defense last year, and only need offensive upgrades. The team upgraded the offense, and now are going to deconstruct the defense. It makes no sense to me.

LOVE Fitzpasspick. Classically funny.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brain wants to give Rex/Roman and company at least three years. Continuity is important.

My heart tells me to burn it all down.

While I understand where you are coming from, if you really want to "burn it all down", you might as well actually burn down offices at OBD, and the stadium and just wipe the team from the face of the Earth.

Firing everyone and starting from scratch 1 year after hiring a new HC, and 3 years after an entire Coaching Staff and FO change-over is an obvious indication that no one has any clue on how to actually run this business and everyone should just go home.

:w00t: Really? He had better offenses in NYJ at any point? Funny, the numbers don't suggest so:

kaLkab2.png

Calling Big Cat. Are you suggesting having a below .500 team while having the best offense of your career is a PRO of keeping RR? Or did you forget what side you were arguing?

:thumbsup: If it were just the defense going from #4 overall to #20, or the #1 sacking team going to 30th :doh: But its not, and there is so much more!

1. Its his big mouth by providing the opposing team bulletin board material to help motivate them!
  2. The Penalties, lack of team discipline is astounding at times. 15 penalties for 101 yards, in one game, really? The Eagles had 5 penalties.
  3. The special teams that was among the best last year with the same coach, and basically the same players is now one of the worst.
  4. Bad game management at times
  5. Bad red flag management at times
  6. inability to get the most out of the players on the roster. Players need to fit his scheme or it doesn't work is ludicrous that three all pro players from last year are now nearly invisible!
  7. utter failure in his area of expertise

This is a pretty good bill of particulars against Ryan, although I don't think you needed to include the "at times" qualifier. I would also add, "Thinking Matt Cassel was a quality NFL back-up QB" to the list.

It is hard for fans, media, etc. to separate the drought from what is happening now. To look at this team differently than the one in 2010, 2005, and 2000 because the outcome was the same. But it is, obviously, different.

Except that it isn't different, obviously. "It's just (fill in the blank)'s first year! Give him time. Look, he brought in different schemes, and the players have to adjust!" Sixteen years of this, YoloinOhio, and you say it's different this year? The burden of proof is on you to back up your claim, not on those who think it is exactly more of the same.

a burden of proof :lol: to back up what claim? That the ownership, coaching staff and players are different than they were 5, 10, and 15 years ago? Here you go - www.buffalobills.com. Knock yourself out!

Calling Big Cat. Are you suggesting having a below .500 team while having the best offense of your career is a PRO of keeping RR? Or did you forget what side you were arguing?

Rex is responsible for a huge chunk of this offense by hiring Roman, getting Tyrod, and adding speed (aka McCoy), so yeah, it is a positive.

Team not making changes. Well that gives me nothing to look forward to. Defensive scheme is so complicated that it will take another off season to learn it. Expect a purge on the defensive side of the ball. Mario Williams will be the biggest name to leave. Rex wants personnel to play his 3-4 scheme. Infusion of talent to the LBs is a must. Space eating Nose Tackle will be on his wish list. I like Kyle Williams but age and injuries are catching up. Dareus slides over and with Hughes as OLB. Hope what they do makes the team BETTER. I don't see this team making the playoffs if no coaching changes are made.

Except for continuing to add personnel to align with the new schemes

It is only (some) fans who are upset to the point of calling for wholesale change after 1 season - everyone else ( FO, coaches, owners, players) is still building the team. Because the fans are the only ones who have actually endured the drought.

It is hard for fans, media, etc. to separate the drought from what is happening now. To look at this team differently than the one in 2010, 2005, and 2000 because the outcome was the same. But it is, obviously, different.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/16/vic-caruccis-3-bills-thoughts-how-warm-is-ryans-seat-how-warm-is-whaleys-seat-is-anyone-else-upset-besides-fans/

You could say the media also endured the drought but most of them appeared to enjoy it more using canned text rather than having to make effort. They were only disappointed that they could not attend meaningful media sessions in playoffs. They do not understand that you can't have your cake (easy columns) and eat it (playoff coverage) too.

The linebackers are fine, just not in Ryan's scheme. Too bad he's not flexible, huh?

The offense has been decent to good all year. The first year of "new scheme," hasn't seemed to stop them. Roman has one of them most complex playbooks in the NFL, FYI. In fact, with a brand new QB and less overall talent, Roman has done so much more than Rex, it's not even funny.

Crossman was fine last year. You could make the argument that the ST players are different, but who cut those players?

"Doug Marrone hang over effect?" Are we making things up now? Although, maybe I'd be feeling pretty bad too, if I was a Bills player and I knew I was in-store for at least 3 years of Rex Ryan losing and excuses and "taking the blame while also shifting blame," BS.

Give them all the reasons you like. No matter how reasonable they may be, they're either invalid or reduced to "excuses" so long as you're not simply asserting what they want to hear: that Rex Ryan is a blubbering, rubberized sausage casing filled with hot air and pictures of his wife's feet. That's the only "reason" they'll entertain for this being a disappointing season.

Give them all the reasons you like. No matter how reasonable they may be, they're either invalid or reduced to "excuses" so long as you're not simply asserting what they want to hear: that Rex Ryan is a blubbering, rubberized sausage casing filled with hot air and pictures of his wife's feet. That's the only "reason" they'll entertain for this being a disappointing season.

um yes, that is pretty accurate. It does provide a lot of laughs though. For example, in the Seantrel thread someone surmised that his Chrones disease could be linked to anxiety and did he have it before Rex? (Because if not... #blamerex)

Best offense of his career!

Hits just under .500!

Explain how this supports any of your positions TBC. Please, I'm dying to hear it.

Edited by FireChan

Except for continuing to add personnel to align with the new schemes

It is only (some) fans who are upset to the point of calling for wholesale change after 1 season - everyone else ( FO, coaches, owners, players) is still building the team. Because the fans are the only ones who have actually endured the drought.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/16/vic-caruccis-3-bills-thoughts-how-warm-is-ryans-seat-how-warm-is-whaleys-seat-is-anyone-else-upset-besides-fans/

I don't know about only the fans enduring the Drought. Whaley has had 6 off seasons contributing to the drought. The Bills most expensive player Mario Williams has been here for many year now, and may be done with the team.

um yes, that is pretty accurate. It does provide a lot of laughs though. For example, in the Seantrel thread someone surmised that his Chrones disease could be linked to anxiety and did he have it before Rex? (Because if not... #blamerex)

You're so much stronger than me. I want to find that funny. I just can't. I just can't.

Best offense of his career!

Hits just under .500!

Explain how this supports any of your positions TBC. Please, I'm dying to hear it.

No you're not.

You're dying to skew this discussion in another half dozen bizarre and tangential directions then blame me when you can't keep pace. We've done this a hundred times. It's exhausting.

Edited by The Big Cat

You're so much stronger than me. I want to find that funny. I just can't. I just can't.

No you're not.

You're dying to skew this discussion in another half dozen bizarre and tangential directions then blame me when you can't keep pace. We've done this a hundred times. It's exhausting.

I really am. For once. I promise to not skew.

I really am. For once. I promise to not skew.

You insinuated that the way the Jets crumbled during Rex's time was an argument against continuity.

I said that was way over simplified. I noted the GM change (when the wheels totally came off) and the cycle of OC's and QB's he had.

You then said he was to blame for those offenses.

I countered by saying he found a way to get it right in Buffalo and provided the evidence that in year one they out performed--by far--anything he did in NYJ. And now you're asking how that's relevant, so here I am explaining why.