The MMQB: Is Tyrod Taylor "The Guy"?

26CornerBlitz

I didn't forget anything. Yeah the TDs were nice. But all of them were because the OLine opened up a big hole. He got through it and ran to the EZ untouched. If there is no hole of it isn't huge he runs into a crowd and gets flattened.

He doesn't run over anyone, he doesn't fake anyone out, he doesn't bounce off anyone, he doesn't drag the pile. In fact, the TD that Gillislee score vs Eagles was a carbon copy of Kartlos' TDs. A lot of RBs can score on plays like that.

His straight up run into a crowd style is probably contributing to his injury problems.

This is how I see it. I know its a minority opinion, but I'm good with it.

I don't know.

Karlos seems to me to be a fairly aware football player

He is 5th round rookie killing it.

the injuries will be his only reason for concern.

He does not just run straight up. He does what is called and Roman likes him to counter MCoys shifty style that has Defenses protecting the edges and anything outside. If Karlos can see his way to barrel up the middle most plays. I am all for it. And he recently showed he has some hands.

Gillisle? who knows. I hope he was more of reflection of decent execution with the O line and play calling improving!!

this

agreed!

It's hard to argue he doesn't based on his London game. True he led them back but he also spotted the Jags 21. Never saw a sequence like that in my life.

EJ had visions of JJ Watt , was exactly what i thought. The nightmares. kidd pissed himself again.

Him coming back just made that one crazy game.

I will respect him for that.

I dont care if he backs up tyrod.

hope they draft a project and one udfa.

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's been better than I think anyone thought he would be. That said good enough to make the playoffs this year on the offensive side. He will be better next year IMO by a lot

THat kinda is the unsaid statement

Does anyone who likes to critiq him think he is any better in his second starting year

- Already learning to throw from the pocket

- Getting smarter about running out of bounds and sliding

- Getting smarter about throwing the ball away as the season goes on

- Starting to work the middle of the field

He goes into next season.....gets the lions share of reps in training camp......we we resign Glenn and Cog.....and solidify the RT position.....perhaps get him a big physical wideout that doesnt fall down when he throws him the ball

People think he wont improve?

When Clay went down Sunday, everything changed.

which is amazing because people have been saying clay isn't worth anything. clay is very important to this offense

iwe need someone like crabtree, cotchery or keyshawn johnson used to do. woods is not big enough to do what they did. woods is our outside guy and watkins is our take the top off and all over guy, while clay is open up he middle. we need someone who is a tough, under route runner.

i promise as taylor gets better protection and more comforable we will be seeing the long ocmpletions to clay more and more right up the middle as the defense loses him in coverage.

which is amazing because people have been saying clay isn't worth anything. clay is very important to this offense

iwe need someone like crabtree, cotchery or keyshawn johnson used to do. woods is not big enough to do what they did. woods is our outside guy and watkins is our take the top off and all over guy, while clay is open up he middle. we need someone who is a tough, under route runner.

i promise as taylor gets better protection and more comforable we will be seeing the long ocmpletions to clay more and more right up the middle as the defense loses him in coverage.

This team sorely needed a tall WR to compliment Watkins and Clay. The Harvin acquisition was a horrible idea for a number of reasons. Rumor has it they were in on Brandon Marshall, who would've been perfect. Crabtree isn't exceptionally tall but he's sure-handed and smarter in his route running than Bob Woods.

Tyrod clearly shoed today that he is a running QB and passer second. On many plays if his 1st read wasn't open he was off and running, at the end of the second when we were getting close to their redzone Hogan got open twice on one play and Tyrod was running to that side and if he just looked down field he could have hit for a 1st down or even a TD.

A running QB is great but he needs to be a passer 1st.

Tyrod is not the answer and no run 1st QB will ever be.

Tyrod clearly shoed today that he is a running QB and passer second. On many plays if his 1st read wasn't open he was off and running, at the end of the second when we were getting close to their redzone Hogan got open twice on one play and Tyrod was running to that side and if he just looked down field he could have hit for a 1st down or even a TD.

A running QB is great but he needs to be a passer 1st.

Tyrod is not the answer and no run 1st QB will ever be.

Did you see the way that OL was blocking today?

Come on man

you c'mon , I watched Taylor intently and he needed to use his legs get a better view down field, not run

BB

We all know that you dont know much about football......your much better in your MMA logic

Tyrod Taylor was basically trying to carry the team on his back today......2 scores.....90 yards rushing....over 100 QB rating.....not sure how many yards but def over 200

This was with Shady getting hurt and going out of the game

If anything TT showed he is one of the nice pieces we found this season in a crappy losing record once again.....nobody wanted to dumb Carr when his team had a lousy season last year

BB

We all know that you dont know much about football......your much better in your MMA logic

Tyrod Taylor was basically trying to carry the team on his back today......2 scores.....90 yards rushing....over 100 QB rating.....not sure how many yards but def over 200

This was with Shady getting hurt and going out of the game

If anything TT showed he is one of the nice pieces we found this season in a crappy losing record once again.....nobody wanted to dumb Carr when his team had a lousy season last year

you say that I fall to hard for QBs, you got me beat here.

He has a high rating because they don't want him throwing the ball more than 25 times, which shows they don't trust him to carry the team as a passer.

Taylor is not the guy.

I really, really like TT, as a clipboard holder for another team! If we are lucky, maybe the Eagles get rid of Chip Kelly at seasons end and we can trade TT and Rex to the Eagles for a supplemental 7th round draft pick.