The MMQB: Is Tyrod Taylor "The Guy"?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he won me over as I really didn't expect him to be a serious contender to win the job, let alone be this effective. And then to do all this while playing through so many challenges as a first year starter, playing through injuries, showing guts and heart on the field...he's really proved to a lot of people wrong, and that includes myself big time.

Honest question. How did you expect the QBs to line up. Including PS guys?

Before the season when we had Cassel EJM and Tyrod.

and how and when did it change.

I honestly was rooting for EJ even after they all had poor training camps ( according to media hoes anyways ).

Bummed it would be Cassell , and hoped TT could be good enough to be the the back up. thats the truth. no matter how much Bs i put up here during that time.

It all depends on what type of contract Ty and his agent want.

If he wants a multi-year Tannehill contract he is going to have to wait.

If he wants a multi-year first round pick contract he is going to have to wait.

If he wants a multi-year top 10 contract he is going to have to wait even longer.

If he wants a Kaepernick type contract which allows Bills cut when he is not living up to contract he can negotiate this in offseason.

Best thing for him is to sign a milestone type contract which can be automatically approved during bye week IF he hits certain benchmarks; yes bye week is only two weeks but it allows for both sides to see what they are getting after a full offseason.

I think offense has been limited by which throws Ty has been able to make reliably; throws which he cannot have not been called very often and the set which he CAN throw reliably do not fit game plans where they need to progress down the field methodically regularly or games where you need to throw a lot of balls and FRANCHISE QBs need to be able to do that but not necessarily starting QBs.

During offseason Ty needs to work with QB who closer approaches his skill-set / strengths so he can learn what he can do to compensate for his limitations like height. He needs to be able to read more of the field and be able to place ball so WRs can get YAC.

Honest question. How did you expect the QBs to line up. Including PS guys?

I expected Cassel to start on a short leash with Tyrod and EJ being 2A and 2B; everything I saw about Cassel was about ball control with him unable to win in a shootout. So I expected Bills to turn ball over to one of them in 3rd or 4th quarter if they felt Cassel could not finish game. I also did not expect Cassel to last season due to injuries.

It all depends on what type of contract Ty and his agent want.

If he wants a multi-year Tannehill contract he is going to have to wait.

If he wants a multi-year first round pick contract he is going to have to wait.

If he wants a multi-year top 10 contract he is going to have to wait even longer.

If he wants a Kaepernick type contract which allows Bills cut when he is not living up to contract he can negotiate this in offseason.

Best thing for him is to sign a milestone type contract which can be automatically approved during bye week IF he hits certain benchmarks; yes bye week is only two weeks but it allows for both sides to see what they are getting after a full offseason.

I think offense has been limited by which throws Ty has been able to make reliably; throws which he cannot have not been called very often and the set which he CAN throw reliably do not fit game plans where they need to progress down the field methodically regularly or games where you need to throw a lot of balls and FRANCHISE QBs need to be able to do that but not necessarily starting QBs.

During offseason Ty needs to work with QB who closer approaches his skill-set / strengths so he can learn what he can do to compensate for his limitations like height. He needs to be able to read more of the field and be able to place ball so WRs can get YAC.

I expected Cassel to start on a short leash with Tyrod and EJ being 2A and 2B; everything I saw about Cassel was about ball control with him unable to win in a shootout. So I expected Bills to turn ball over to one of them in 3rd or 4th quarter if they felt Cassel could not finish game. I also did not expect Cassel to last season due to injuries.

Fair and reasonable cop.

they are no wrong answers btw !

replace Dixon with a late round rookie who can back up Karlos. Dixon isn't good enough on ST to keep. There should be plenty of RB value in the draft.

My choice would be Lagarrete Blount. Karlos is JAG that can't stay healthy.

We need someone so our run game keeps on chugging when McCoy goes out for a blow.

Edited by reddogblitz

Just watching "The Timeline". In playoffs Roger comes off the bench in the 4th quarter and brought Cowboys back from down by 15 to win. That is the key element of being "The Guy" that TYrod is sorely lacking presently. Until he can do that, he won't be.

I hope he can learn or develop this skill. However I'm not sure it is something that can be learned or developed. We'll see.

Edited by reddogblitz

My choice would be Lagarrete Blount. Karlos is JAG that can't stay healthy.

We need someone so our run game keeps on chugging when McCoy goes out for a blow.

Try again .. Blount is out because of injury

New England's backfield issues were only further compounded by the season-ending injury of running back LeGarrette Blount (

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/12/17/blount-injury-leaves-patriots-extremely-thin-at-running-back/

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Try again .. Blount is out because of injury

New England's backfield issues were only further compounded by the season-ending injury of running back LeGarrette Blount (

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/12/17/blount-injury-leaves-patriots-extremely-thin-at-running-back/

Hmmm. When did this happen? I didn't know that. Have the docs give him a once over, and if not him, then someone else. The need does exist.

Hmmm. When did this happen? I didn't know that. Have the docs give him a once over, and if not him, then someone else. The need does exist.

Blount was injured in the second quarter of the Patriots' 27-6 win over the Houston Texans on Sunday. He leads the Patriots in rushing with 703 yards with four touchdowns and has accounted for 165 of the team's 308 total carries.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2015/12/15/legarrette-blount-hip-injury-new-england/77385944/

Edited by NOVABillsFan