• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight we have

- Shady

- A huge RB that scores a touchdown nearly every time he touches the ball

- A poor mans Lamar Miller

And we dont have RB all wrapped up on this team?

No no John. We're not talking about the top 5 franchise running back McCoy.

We are talking about Gillislee.

And I didn't say that we were weak at the RB position (tho we could use some upgrades if Karlos can't make it thru concussion protocols).

lamar Miller is awesome though. Egregiously underused in Miami (not that I'm complaining)

3rd stringers are always a poor man's something!

Yeah, I really like Miller too. My comment re his being a poor man's Miller has more to do with running style (they are similar IMO) and the different degrees of accomplishment when you compare the two - not just the fact that Gillislee is a 3rd stringer.

Karlos, if he has a big hole to run through can take it to the house. Otherwise, he runs into a crowd and falls like a ton of bricks. That's if he can suit up that is. RB is a big hole for us IMHO. We'll sign a FA or 2 I suspect.

We got the 1. We need a 1A.

Edited by reddogblitz

Karlos, if he has a big hole to run through can take it to the house. Otherwise, he runs into a crowd and falls like a ton of bricks. That's if he can suit up that is. RB is a big hole for us IMHO. We'll sign a FA or 2 I suspect.

You have a point, and if you're right Gillislee is probably not the guy you are looking for as a 1A.

But who knows, he might surprise. I would think the next three games are important for him to show what he has.

You have a point, and if you're right Gillislee is probably not the guy you are looking for as a 1A.

But who knows, he might surprise. I would think the next three games are important for him to show what he has.

i would at least bring him to camp next year. And draft a guy to replace Boobie.

i would at least bring him to camp next year. And draft a guy to replace Boobie.

Unless Boobie is the second coming of Easley on special teams (which I haven't noticed), I too would look to replace Boobie. We haven't seen enuf of Gilislee, but so far he looks like a good # 3, not a main backup to McCoy, and if, as has been suggested, Karlos is not the answer, then we could likely do with an upgrade. But I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in the next three games.

As for the Miller comparison, just checkout Miller's TD run versus the Giants with Gillislee's TD run vs Philly. Very similar styles it seems to me.

Unless Boobie is the second coming of Easley on special teams (which I haven't noticed), I too would look to replace Boobie. We haven't seen enuf of Gilislee, but so far he looks like a good # 3, not a main backup to McCoy, and if, as has been suggested, Karlos is not the answer, then we could likely do with an upgrade. But I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in the next three games.

As for the Miller comparison, just checkout Miller's TD run versus the Giants with Gillislee's TD run vs Philly. Very similar styles it seems to me.

miller is a FA - I doubt that Miami re-signs him because they have so many needs and drafted Ajai. I would love to see him in another division! Pats will probably sign him :(

Sure, unless Taylor has a great 2016 and decides he doesn't want to play in Buffalo. There will be teams lining up for him. Why stay with a team that doesn't believe in him?

This reminds me of the stuff about how we'd only get to keep Roman one year because teams would be lining up to interview him for HC positions. For the folks who worried about this, how's that working out

This reminds me of the stuff about how we'd only get to keep Roman one year because teams would be lining up to interview him for HC positions. For the folks who worried about this, how's that working out

How's that working out? Try asking in February. Right now if a team went after Roman it would be tampering. Edited by PromoTheRobot

TT is the guy.

if TT gets injured, the season is over.

that can't be said for any other player on this team.

TT will get injured.

Therefore, they better get another QB as good or better as the #1 priority.

First I need to ask - is this a hidden insult to the backup? If it is then you have to let it go.

Second I - How was TT when Sammy was out? How was TT when Shady was out? How was TT when Clay was out?

How about the defense with Kyle Williams and Mario Williams missing games? Any thoughts?

With that, It can be said for any other player on this team.

WRT the season - The season is over. It ended with the losses to KC and Philly and TT was leading the ship.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

First I need to ask - is this a hidden insult to the backup? If it is then you have to let it go.

Second I - How was TT when Sammy was out? How was TT when Shady was out? How was TT when Clay was out?

How about the defense with Kyle Williams and Mario Williams missing games? Any thoughts?

With that, It can be said for any other player on this team.

WRT the season - The season is over. It ended with the losses to KC and Philly and TT was leading the ship.

hidden ?? EJ flat out sucks. we are better off cutting him and eating his $2.8 mil dead money cap hit. I have been dogging EJ for years and will let it go when he is gone. the sooner the better.

second..TT is the 5th ranked QB in passer rating and the 8th ranked in total QBR in spite of playing in front of a poor right side offensive line and key injuries to Sammy and shady. if you like EJ over TT or just don't like TT , your going to be hard to satisfy.

I blame all the defensive woes on Rex. what he has done to the 2014 defense is criminal. they miss kyle big time and Mario has mailed it in this year.

It is amazing how quickly people forget just how promising Karlos has looked this season just because peoples mind cant comprehend if a player is not on the field for a couple of games

Karlos Williams has been a MONSTER......he has speed and size...he breaks tackles.....and is a home run hitter. The concussions are the real worrysome thing which is why the 3rd back is important.......but people trying to diminish Karlos Williams plays look like a fricken joke

It is amazing how quickly people forget just how promising Karlos has looked this season just because peoples mind cant comprehend if a player is not on the field for a couple of games

Karlos Williams has been a MONSTER......he has speed and size...he breaks tackles.....and is a home run hitter. The concussions are the real worrysome thing which is why the 3rd back is important.......but people trying to diminish Karlos Williams plays look like a fricken joke

I didn't forget anything. Yeah the TDs were nice. But all of them were because the OLine opened up a big hole. He got through it and ran to the EZ untouched. If there is no hole of it isn't huge he runs into a crowd and gets flattened.

He doesn't run over anyone, he doesn't fake anyone out, he doesn't bounce off anyone, he doesn't drag the pile. In fact, the TD that Gillislee score vs Eagles was a carbon copy of Kartlos' TDs. A lot of RBs can score on plays like that.

His straight up run into a crowd style is probably contributing to his injury problems.

This is how I see it. I know its a minority opinion, but I'm good with it.

Can this statement just be pinned already...this statement times 10000000!

This was the kids first year, he's 5th in the league in passing, 5th in the league in YPA, completing 64% of his passes, has a marvelous TD to turnover margin, and is major playmaker with his legs. I mean seriously, what more could you ask for from the first 11 starts of a QB's career? Is he going to be perfect...nope. Will he need to continue to grow and develop...Yes. Does every QB go through the same process...Yes, 100% of all QBs to ever play in the NFL were never at their peak form their first year as a starter.

Not to mention, he lost ALL his RBs this year at some point, ALL his WRs have been often hurt or out for the year, his entire right side of the OL destroyed by injuries, played hurt himself almost the whole season, and even had his TE banged up multiple times. Adding on top of that he was learning a new system that whole team was also learning. Further adding to it, he was the #3 QB in the offseason and got less than a third of the reps he would have gotten as an undisputed starter which slowed his learning of the system and building of timing with his receivers.

How anyone can be disappointed in him and not believe he deserves to be the guy next year is beyond me. People always point out our rank as a team in passing the league because its their way to cherry pick. Our passing rank is solely based on yards per game, and we are a run first team and also have a running QB who does damage not calculated into those totals. So its pointless in evaluating on what he accomplishes when he does throw.

This kid, who I was very skeptical over in the offseason, totally came out and proved the doubters wrong, myself included. And he has earned my respect as he plays with heart, guts, through pain, and has nothing but an upward pointing arrow in my book. He has plenty of work to do, but he's earned the time to do it.

this

I didn't forget anything. Yeah the TDs were nice. But all of them were because the OLine opened up a big hole. He got through it and ran to the EZ untouched. If there is no hole of it isn't huge he runs into a crowd and gets flattened.

He doesn't run over anyone, he doesn't fake anyone out, he doesn't bounce off anyone, he doesn't drag the pile. In fact, the TD that Gillislee score vs Eagles was a carbon copy of Kartlos' TDs. A lot of RBs can score on plays like that.

His straight up run into a crowd style is probably contributing to his injury problems.

This is how I see it. I know its a minority opinion, but I'm good with it.

Your opinion is wrong

I love when people start their arguement with "well yes this obviously most important this is nice but" then get down to the bloodthirsty tearing about of a player (by the way your wrong in that too)

THen end it with "thats my opinion but im not not wrong)

YOU ARE WRONG

- There have been SEVERAL plays where the run blocking got stood up.....Karlos kept his feet.....I can remember AT LEAST on play that resulted in a touchdown for this

- Karlos despite his huge size shows the ability to run east west at the line to get to the corner just like Shady does

- His pass catching ability looks pretty darn good too

- Why should a one cut runner make people miss? His not Shady McCoy he is a north south runner with huge size and speed.....are you trying to say that people easily tackle him? Really? Would you like me to go back and bring you fact plays where he was NOT easily tackled?

and why are we going to fault him if the offensive line makes a great hole on run blocking? Do our other running backs routinely run those for touch downs?

The ONLY concern with Karlos Williams is the concussions......you should have stuck with that

Edited by John from Hemet