JJ Watt breaks hand, still plans to play Sunday

YoloinOhio

My first thought too. Youd think doctors wouldnt clear someone who breaks a bone a couple days before a game, regardless of who it is.

he strikes me as the Peyton manning of their team. He decides where he wants to line up on defense and generally does whatever the heck he wants.

he strikes me as the Peyton manning of their team. He decides where he wants to line up on defense and generally does whatever the heck he wants.

I guess it depends on how bad of a break and all of that, but I wouldnt think that he would be effective doing things like grabbing people and pushing. Mario was ineffective for a good 1/2 season when he had a hand/wrist injury. I remember him saying how even a small injury in the hand can really affect your game on the dline.

My first thought too. Youd think doctors wouldnt clear someone who breaks a bone a couple days before a game, regardless of who it is.

In highschool I broke three fingers in my hand and still played in the state championship that weekend.

Edited by Beef Jerky

they save the good stuff for the stars.

I guess it depends on how bad of a break and all of that, but I wouldnt think that he would be effective doing things like grabbing people and pushing. Mario was ineffective for a good 1/2 season when he had a hand/wrist injury. I remember him saying how even a small injury in the hand can really affect your game on the dline.

yes but Mario is sensitive. he has broken dink this year. still plays but not effectively. it just swings.

doesnt get the task at hand done.

i made at least two jokes right there

In highschool I broke three fingers in my hand and still played in the state championship that weekend.

Thats how its done. :thumbsup:

Hell yes you did!!

No young Man of character would miss the championship game.

It's his left hand -- so I wouldn't think so but I'm not certain.

ever see him line up?

do you watch the games?

I broke fingers multiple times and my nose as a wrestler. Tape it up, Shove a tampon up my nose and move on. Did this guy ever play sports who made the comment?

Watt is a tough dude. He'll have a club for a hand which in some ways can help, but mostly hurts as his hands are used to throw people off. Hopefully this club is right in TB's face all day.

Love that guy. Listening to his response when interviewed today was classic.

How do you not love this guy?

He just reminds me of the old school mean football players like Mean Joe Green, Butkus, Nitschke (Wouldn't he have had fun playing a guard in the Longest Yard against the Mean Machine).

i love that one video of him on the sidelines with a broken nose, bleeding significantly from the bridge. A trainer comes over to look at it, and he pushes his arm away and yells out some expletive. He didn't give a crap. He was pissed because of something on the field. These are the kind of guys we need on our team.