LB Tony Steward to IR; LB AJ Tarpley to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

Wow Seward lasted about five minutes. They need to add a linebacker who can play - I realize it's late in the season but we're trying to make a playoff run here... Spikes?

Five minutes is about right.

I hope the kid can get and stay healthy.

Holy Crap. Not Good. At least Tarpley will now hopefully be spending some serious time the rest of this week learning what the hell he is supposed to be doing if he does end up getting on the field :bag: At this point I'm all for bringing in Spikes. Even if weighs 300 lbs and comes stumbling in with liquor on his breath he's still got to be better than Tarpley.

Where is Leon Joe when you need him?

Edited by stevewin

I like Spikes too, but I think he may have to serve a suspension once he's signed under the conduct policy. He also doesn't play ST so that could factor into it.

Spikes already served his suspension. It didn't matter that he was a street Free Agent. It must be that the OBD brass don't believe he's a fit in Rex's scheme.

Not enough time to really evaluate Steward but Tarpley was, in fact, horrible two weeks ago. Looks like Manny Lawson will be playing 'every position' on defense again.

Maybe not, he made that one nice play and then we didn't get gashed. I knew that he left the game but I didn't realize that it was that few snaps.

I am not a big Tarpley fan based on what I have seen so far. Any LB's left on the practice squad?

Spikes already served his suspension. It didn't matter that he was a street Free Agent. It must be that the OBD brass don't believe he's a fit in Rex's scheme.

Who knows if he has even kept himself in NFL shape. Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Yup. If they didn't bring him in earlier in the season when LB play was lackluster, can't see bringing him in now. The learning curve and conditioning time won't work at this time of year.

I like Spikes too, but I think he may have to serve a suspension once he's signed under the conduct policy. He also doesn't play ST so that could factor into it.

We have enough ST guys at this point in the season. IF we can't D up any team the rest of the way the season is most likely over