If we win out, can we still get in?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Houston, Indy, Jets don't worry me. Indy or Houston has to win the division and we have a tie-breaker over whoever doesn't. We still play the Jets and if we don't beat them ourselves it won't matter who else they beat/lose to.

It's all about the Steelers right now. Win out and root against them the rest of the year. That's all I'm concerned about.

Agreed!!

KC looks like pretty much of a lock. At this point we're rooting for the likely division winners to keep winning.

New England would beat Houston & the Jets

Cinci would beat Pittsburgh

Indy would beat Houston

Denver would beat Oakland & Pittsburgh

If that happens and we win out, we'd be in.

I think that's correct except it's not certain who the likely division winner will be in the south. Also since we've beaten both Houston and Indy, not sure it matters. What I think we need to do is get deeper into tie breaker analysis when more than 2 teams are tied, since its quite possible thats what the last WC spot comes down to.

Pitts loses to Cincy in Cincy next week and we win out. YEP. (The Denver game doesn't matter)

That's the easiest and quickest way.

unless they beat cincy then denver and baltimore would have to beat them wouldnt want to bank of cleveland

kc would have to lose twice...maybe baltimore, and raiders sd might fight one last time again cleveland is on the schedule too

I think the Bills will win out

Edited by CardinalScotts

On buffalo making the playoffs.....

KC has a big edge. They beat buffalo, houstn, and Pittsburgh and went 1-3 against the NFC which means they have the tie breaker edge.

With Indy losing that means 2nd place will be a 7 loss team at least, thus no tiebreaker advantage with buffalo beating both Indy and Houston.

The issue is going to be a tiebreaker with Pittsburgh.....

Pittsburg plays Cincinnati, Denver, Baltimore, and Cleveland...

Buffalo and Pittsburgh if they tie at 10-6 will have the same conference record because both go 3-1 against the NFC.

Second tiebreaker is common games.....

Cincinati L Pitt, L Buffalo

New England. L Pitt LL buffalo

Indianapolis. W pit, W bufalo

Kansas City L Pitt, L buffalo

Buffalo needs cincinati to beat Pittsburgh so they end up tied at 1-4 common games. A Pitt win gives steelers the tiebreaker.

Third tiebreaker is strength of victory... Based on buffalo winning out snd Pittsburgh losing yo cincinnatio but winning their other 3 has buffalo ahead...but the next 3 weeks will determine this because the last week it's hard to gain any ground, at most you can gain 2 games ( your noncommon opponents)

If Pittsburg loses the next 2 weeks and buffalo wins the next 2 weeks puts them in the drivers seat and turns the bills/jets game into a winner take all game

As for elsewhere around the league......

Cincinnati Denver game coming up..if Denver wins could seal a top seed for Denver with them beating New England.

In 2 weeks Indianapolis and Houston play which could determine who wins the division.

In the NFC....

The NFC east is wide open. A Dallas win tonight puts them one game back

Carolina's magic number is 3 for top seed of their wins and Arizona loses.

Arizona is 3 games up with 4 to play. Arizona has a hard finish playing Philadelphia on the toad and hosting Green Bay and Minnesota. Them going 1] with the win at Philadelphia and seatyle going 3-0 puts a winner take all for the west in werk 17. If Arizona goes 1-2 with a win against Philadelphia will go to a strength of victory.

Green Bay and Minnesota have a rematch in werk 17 that could decide the division. This could be a scenario of teams trying yo lose. Would you rather play on the road at the NFC east or host seattle. Under a different scenario it could be where they have a rematch in the first week of the playoffs ( seattle/Arizona is 5 playing NFC east)

Tampa bay and Atlanta are each one game back. Tampa bay has a decent conference record who could pass seatyle if they were tied.

Even if we run the table and I really hope we do, can we pass KC and Pittsburgh for the last WC spot.

Here's the article from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000596456/article/afc-playoff-picture-osweiler-dalton-could-duel

KC has a soft schedule and is 2 games up with 4 to go. (2 because we lose head to head) @Baltimore seems to be the toughest but without Flacco, the Ravens are not that good.

Pittsburgh looks strong. If they go to Cinci and win, count them in and the Bills dead.

Even a Denver loss with Cinci W should get them to 10-6.

Here's the tie-breakers: Pitt loses to Cinci, wins rest. Bills win out.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). 0-0
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. Buff 4-2 Pitt 3-3 Assuming Pitt loses to Cinci, Buff beats Jets.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. Buff 0-4 Pitt 0-4
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. Buff 7-5 Pitt 7-5

The way it looks, if Pittsburgh beats Cinci we are out pending a Christmas miracle. How's that damn Jaguars game look now? Even the KC game is reason to vent. We could have had this.

Now Pitt has to lose to Cinci and Denver to give us a shot. It's possible but with Big Ben playing like he has I can see the Steelers winning out. But like all good fans, I will Billieve until its over, but we have to tun the table.

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

just when I was thinking we could make it you pull this out, thanks Obama

I played with the playoff machine and can get us in with winning only the jets game at 7-9. No need to run the table...

and to do so you picked every upset you could for KC, OAK, PIT, HOU, NYJ.

Sure it's fun to find a way, but why kid yourself. Every game is important and a W is needed.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Houston, Indy, Jets don't worry me. Indy or Houston has to win the division and we have a tie-breaker over whoever doesn't. We still play the Jets and if we don't beat them ourselves it won't matter who else they beat/lose to.

It's all about the Steelers right now. Win out and root against them the rest of the year. That's all I'm concerned about.

This. If we win out the Jets/Houston/Indy can't catch us. It is all about routing against the Steelers. Got 2 tough games coming up. The Cinci game is huge because if they win they got the tie breaker over us. Lose & we should have the tie breaker depending on strength of victory which we have right now. KC is pretty much a lock to go 3-1 with the schedule they have.

This. If we win out the Jets/Houston/Indy can't catch us. It is all about routing against the Steelers. Got 2 tough games coming up. The Cinci game is huge because if they win they got the tie breaker over us. Lose & we should have the tie breaker depending on strength of victory which we have right now. KC is pretty much a lock to go 3-1 with the schedule they have.

It still doesn't hurt to root against the NYJETS. Or NE* just because

I think that's correct except it's not certain who the likely division winner will be in the south. Also since we've beaten both Houston and Indy, not sure it matters. What I think we need to do is get deeper into tie breaker analysis when more than 2 teams are tied, since its quite possible thats what the last WC spot comes down to.

Indy has a much easier remaining schedule, and their head-to-head game is in Indy.

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015/12/08/Colts-quarterback-picture-murky/6271449557036/

INDIANAPOLIS -- If backup quarterback Charlie Whitehurst ends up playing for the Indianapolis Colts in the remaining four games, it would mark the first time since 2011 the team had three quarterbacks start games.

With Luck and now Hasselbeck both disappointing and injured, the Colts are not sure who will start Sunday at Jacksonville -- or for the rest of the season.

I guess I should have looked it up earlier.