If we win out, can we still get in?

Even if we run the table and I really hope we do, can we pass KC and Pittsburgh for the last WC spot.

Here's the article from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000596456/article/afc-playoff-picture-osweiler-dalton-could-duel

KC has a soft schedule and is 2 games up with 4 to go. (2 because we lose head to head) @Baltimore seems to be the toughest but without Flacco, the Ravens are not that good.

Pittsburgh looks strong. If they go to Cinci and win, count them in and the Bills dead.

Even a Denver loss with Cinci W should get them to 10-6.

Here's the tie-breakers: Pitt loses to Cinci, wins rest. Bills win out.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). 0-0
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. Buff 4-2 Pitt 3-3 Assuming Pitt loses to Cinci, Buff beats Jets.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. Buff 0-4 Pitt 0-4
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. Buff 7-5 Pitt 7-5

The way it looks, if Pittsburgh beats Cinci we are out pending a Christmas miracle. How's that damn Jaguars game look now? Even the KC game is reason to vent. We could have had this.

Now Pitt has to lose to Cinci and Denver to give us a shot. It's possible but with Big Ben playing like he has I can see the Steelers winning out. But like all good fans, I will Billieve until its over, but we have to tun the table.

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We just need to win.....and let everything take care of itself

Yep. We need to beat the Eagles. Nothing else matters. Sure I will be rooting against certain other teams in certain other games, but we have to take care of Sunday and are not yet to complicated scenarios beyond winning.

I think we are a 10-6 team at our core, and anything better than that would be overachieving and less than that would be disappointing.

10-6 teams usually make the playoffs, 11-5 almost always, 9-7 rarely. There are still four weeks left, and so many variables, and very possible situations where we miss the playoffs at 10-6 and where we make the playoffs at 9-7. But losing to the Eagles would put us into magic miracle mode, while beating them has us in looking really good mode. So I suggest we just beat Philly and take it from there.

But just for kicks, if we lose to the Eagles and then win out to 9-7, the only help we need to get in is Jets losing to Patriots, and Steelers losing to Bengals and Broncos (all three games the most likely outcome), then three teams at 9-7 and we pass. So while this week is awesomely important, it isn't even yet a season decider.

#WeAreOnToPhiladelphia

Even if we run the table and I really hope we do, can we pass KC and Pittsburgh for the last WC spot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000596456/article/afc-playoff-picture-osweiler-dalton-could-duel

KC has a soft schedule and is 2 games up with 4 to go. (2 because we lose head to head) @Baltimore seems to be the toughest but without Flacco, the Ravens are not that good.

Pittsburgh looks strong. If they go to Cinci and win, count them in and the Bills dead.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. Buff 4-2 Pitt 3-3 Assuming Pitt loses to Cinci, Buff beats Jets.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. Buff 7-5 Pitt 7-5

The way it looks, if Pittsburgh beats Cinci we are out pending a Christmas miracle. How's that damn Jaguars game look now? Even the KC game is reason to vent. We could have had this.

Now Pitt has to lose to Cinci and Denver to give us a shot. It's possible but with Big Ben playing like he has I can see the Steelers winning out. But like all good fans, I will Billieve until its over, but we have to tun the table.

See numerous playoff threads or use the ESPN playoff machine. I think KC needs to lose 3 of 4 for Buffalo to pass them with their sweep.

You need to take it one week at a time

This week root for

Cincinnati vs Pittsburgh

NY Jets vs Tennessee

Kansas City vs San Diego

and just in case

Houston vs New England

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Yep. We need to beat the Eagles. Nothing else matters. Sure I will be rooting against certain other teams in certain other games, but we have to take care of Sunday and are not yet to complicated scenarios beyond winning.

I think we are a 10-6 team at our core, and anything better than that would be overachieving and less than that would be disappointing.

10-6 teams usually make the playoffs, 11-5 almost always, 9-7 rarely. There are still four weeks left, and so many variables, and very possible situations where we miss the playoffs at 10-6 and where we make the playoffs at 9-7. But losing to the Eagles would put us into magic miracle mode, while beating them has us in looking really good mode. So I suggest we just beat Philly and take it from there.

But just for kicks, if we lose to the Eagles and then win out to 9-7, the only help we need to get in is Jets losing to Patriots, and Steelers losing to Bengals and Broncos (all three games the most likely outcome), then three teams at 9-7 and we pass. So while this week is awesomely important, it isn't even yet a season decider.

#WeAreOnToPhiladelphia

I love the optimism!

Personally, my hopes crashed when the last second ticked off the clock of the KC game. I've already come to emotional terms with the idea that we will miss the playoffs yet again.

I love the optimism!

Personally, my hopes crashed when the last second ticked off the clock of the KC game. I've already come to emotional terms with the idea that we will miss the playoffs yet again.

I'm already there. Just grasping at straws now keeping um some reason to watch the games and not be totally bummed.

KC looks like pretty much of a lock. At this point we're rooting for the likely division winners to keep winning.

New England would beat Houston & the Jets

Cinci would beat Pittsburgh

Indy would beat Houston

Denver would beat Oakland & Pittsburgh

If that happens and we win out, we'd be in.

The Jacksonville loss will be the one that costs us.

All AFC losses count the same. We're 1 back with 4 to play. We got as good a chance as anyone. Everyone else isn't going to win out too. Especially the Jets because we play them. 9-7 might get us in depending on how the cookies crumble. We're very much in it. I know the pessimists disagree, but so be it.

go Bills.

Edited by reddogblitz

Houston, Indy, Jets don't worry me. Indy or Houston has to win the division and we have a tie-breaker over whoever doesn't. We still play the Jets and if we don't beat them ourselves it won't matter who else they beat/lose to.

It's all about the Steelers right now. Win out and root against them the rest of the year. That's all I'm concerned about.

Garbage in - - garbage out.

If we wind up in a 2-way tie with the Steelers, the tie-breakers are not prioritized the way you listed them, because the Steelers are not in our division (the AFC East)

Proof:

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
  2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  4. Strength of victory.
  5. Strength of schedule.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss.
Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead