Is it me, or does Woods fall a lot

Alphadawg7

I swear, it feels like most the time when a pass is thrown his way he either falls to the ground catching it, stumbles after the catch into an easy tackle, or falls before the ball even gets there. Can someone please get this guy a new pair of cleats? I can't remember the last time I saw him catch a pass and run and let someone else tackle him rather than stumbling into a tackle. Im sure it happens, but all his stumbling is all I can remember.

On second thought, how about someone enroll him into ballet classes so he can learn some balance and how to use his feet.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I overall think he just isn't engaged. His comments about having to block so much, his body language on the sidelines, and overall drop in targets.

I think he's just no there mentally this season

Makes no sense considering he works his ass off every time he is asked to block and tries like hell on the pass plays, too.

He does lose his balance a lot, and his concentration on some drops is unusual for him.

I overall think he just isn't engaged. His comments about having to block so much, his body language on the sidelines, and overall drop in targets.

I think he's just no there mentally this season

he is usually smiling and seems very happy when the cameras are on him on the sidelines. He was high fiveing rex. We throw the ball 20 times a game.... everyone's targets are down.

it seems like a lot of players fall or slip on the turf at The Ralph but Woods does seem to fall more than most

the field is very slippery if there is any moisture. The blades of "grass" are smooth plastic or something similar.

While Woods had a nice TD catch, he also tripped over himself in the endzone which could have been another TD. I don't get Woods as he seems to be out of place with his routes, the dropped passes, etc... I don't know if he's not running the routes correctly or is not in sync as he should be with Taylor, but he seems to be off the ball a lot this season as he's diving for balls that are nowhere near him or not even close to where Taylor is throwing at. He's been a great blocking WR, but so far he's proven that he is not a #2 WR. I know the guy is still young and hopefully he will improve, but for all the hype about the guy being NFL ready out of the draft, he's underwhelmed so far.

While Woods had a nice TD catch, he also tripped over himself in the endzone which could have been another TD. I don't get Woods as he seems to be out of place with his routes, the dropped passes, etc... I don't know if he's not running the routes correctly or is not in sync as he should be with Taylor, but he seems to be off the ball a lot this season as he's diving for balls that are nowhere near him or not even close to where Taylor is throwing at. He's been a great blocking WR, but so far he's proven that he is not a #2 WR. I know the guy is still young and hopefully he will improve, but for all the hype about the guy being NFL ready out of the draft, he's underwhelmed so far.

+1

if a woods falls in the woods does he make a sound?

lol, yes, he says "oops!!!"

I'm glad some other people are finally calling this out. Woods has been a huge disappointment in my eyes since year 2. The way he uses his feet and positions his body before attempting to make a catch, he sabotages himself every time. Combine that with below average speed, size, and hands, and you have a guy who is not good enough to be a top 2 WR in the NFL. I think the Bills realized this when they picked up Harvin, and then slotted Hogan above him in many situations when Harvin got hurt.

Unfortunately combined with the bad misses on Graham and Goodwin, they are still in the market for a #2 WR.

Hogan on the other hand has overachieved. He has done well, considering he isn't particularly gifted in any one area. However he also shouldn't be a #2.

Edited by Turbosrrgood