A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

My favorite line in the game by the announcers.

McCoy has enough shake in him to open his own smoothie king :lol:

Clearly the offense is the bright spot of the team this year with McCoy, Taylor, and finally Sammy getting more passes thrown his way.

Some of this years Bills DB's would be in the pro bowl this year if the Bills had last years pass rush. Gotta love Rambo!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they rushed Brady pretty well the 2nd time around.

That gets my vote

- Rambo had a pretty good game. He laid the wood a few times.

- Who was playing safety at the end of the game? I saw #10 and #81 back there, and I think there were a few other special team/offense guys as well.

I swore Sammy was in there too

5) Mario is coming off a foot injury. Might be a cap casualty down the stretch, but still is a big presence who I think can help us a lot down the stretch.

8) Not "technically" alive. Really truly alive. "Technically" alive will be if we were to lose in Philly and have to come up with creative ways to get in at 9-7. Getting in at 10-6 is a straight shot. Even if the Jets win all but our game including beating the Patriots, they would miss out to us at 10-6. Steelers have a very tough road to 10-6. We lose most tie breakers scenarios with them, so tonight, Go Colts!

16) Carpenter has been brutal. I thought we should have picked up Novak a long time ago when the Chargers cut him. But I don't know that we can beat Carp in the waiver wire, so we might have to just cross our fingers and hope the worst is behind us.

17) #WeAreOnToPhiladelphia

and Novak missed an extra pt. today as well - be careful what you wish for

Mario appears to be playing hurt.

How close is Easley to leading the team in interceptions?

Why does Gilmore and some of the others DBs not tackle?

We need one reliable kicker and the additional roster spot. What we have is a stop gap luxury that needs to be fixed by next season.

Anyone miss Henderson?

Bill, Excellent observations as usual.

TT throws a beautiful long ball. His ball placement in general is superb. Roman is cautious with play calling for TT. I get a little impatient with the cautious play calling for TT, especially in the passing game. However, he is bringing him along at the right pace.

I thought the newly inserted RT did a credible job.

Captain Obvious would make the statement that Watkins is a big playmaker. And he would follow up that obvious observation that McCoy is an essential player.

Mario is playing with a bad foot. But I get the impression that he is unhappy with the way he is being used. Odds are that he will not be back and Rex will be more happy with his departure than he would be with his retention.

Rambo made an impact in this game.

Big win but Woods and Carpenter better not be on this team next year

Yep, we should be able to get Janakowski straight up for Carpenter after today performances.

Oh wait, we would have to throw in Gay. But maybe the 2 for 1 would be the clincher for Oakland.

Get er done Doug,

Tyrod looks solid. Great touch on the ball.

We need another TE. Clay is decent but not great. He had one superior play because there was no sound of footsteps to startle him.

Leodis is absolutely clueless out there. He is gone after the last whistle of the last game of the season.

Mario wants out. He rarely gets over half speed. He is uninterested. Let's wait to hear from the "all 22" boys to tell us how no one else knows what they are talking about when watching this guy jog around.

McCoy is a machine.

The D looked rough today. A few undropped passes by the Texans and there may have been a different 4th Q outcome. I men, that was Brian Hoyer out there throwing for 300 yards and 3 TDs, wasn't it?

Edited by Mr. WEO

I thought Mills was fine. Then again, I watch the ball after it is snapped so I have no idea how people are able to give a fair analysis on offensive linemen unless they re-watch the game and focus on everyone individually. I think people have a tendency to base their judgment of an offensive lineman on one or two replays they see. But as a general rule, the pass protection was fine- especially against that front seven- and there was plenty of room to run when they ran to the right. In fact, I'd be surprised if they don't just leave Mills in there next week even if Henderson is healthy.

11) Poor Mills lol. Imagine starting a pro career against the best player in football!!! He of course didn't fare well but we didn't miss Henderson all that much, ya know?

Can't agree with you on this one, I was at the game and didn't keep a strict eye on Mills but he did really well on Watt. The one sack Watt got he lined up way far outside and the tight end completely wiffed on the block. I may be wrong, but in the second half (late third or 4th quarter) I noticed Mills and Cordy Glenn swapped positions because Watt had lined up over left tackle. Interestingly, they were bringing Glenn over to the right tight end position to load up that side. Roman/Kromer were very creative in accounting for Watt on every play and deserve kudos for that.

Beyond that, I came away believing Mills will be our starting right tackle next week.

My thought about the game is that this isn't a playoff team. The defense is awful and Carpenter has now impacted the last two games with missed kicks which just can't happen

The offense is carrying the team but is still inconsistent.

Carpenter has been shaky this year and I definitely don't trust him as much as I have in the past, but I didn't think today was too bad (read: bad enough that we can cut him tomorrow and be able to find someone better) all things considered. I can't really hold hitting the upright on a 50 yarder against him, and the laces were in on the missed xp. One thing I noticed today that I'm not sure has been mentioned is that he was kicking xp's from the middle of the field and they were going right down the middle until the laces in kick. In other games this season he was kicking them from the left hash and it seemed like even on the ones he made he was barely sneaking them in a lot of the time. I wonder if this will be a consistent change for him going forward and if it will improve his conversion rate on xp's. I certainly hope so since since he is currently leading the league in missed extra points.

Mario is playing his way right off the team......that is my opinion

Sadly, I agree, John. I mentioned it in the 1st half thread. Invisible and playing like he doesn't care. Not at all what we should expect from a $100M player. A serious restructuring of his contract is in order or trade him away.

Thank god Hoyer sucks and can't throw the deep ball too or the end result might have been different. 4 different times a Texan receiver was well behind the secondary and Hoyer floated the pass short and gave the safties time to recover. But props to the OLine containing Watt for the most part today.