A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus has to play the nose with K-will hurt - which he doesnt want to do. But he's better than bryant/whoever else.

Mario/Hughes are OLBs in this defense - they will have to cover from time to time to take away hot receivers on certain blitz packages. Mario should be playing 3-4 End at his size- but he wants to rush the passer not plug gaps. That means he has to drop into coverage. We're not going to design a defense around an over the hill DE playing OLB.

Blitzing too often results in big plays given up - and we were fairly sure hoyer was going to be hoyer and not beat us. Once gilmore went out it was clear hopkins was going to get his on darby (interference or not).

The biggest thing i notice with all the backup linemen/backers is that we're struggling with the run game. That is supposed to be the biggest strength. We want them to get stuffed on every run play so they have long conversions on 3rd down, and keep our guys off the field.

All I want to mention is that Rex Ryan used to live by the Blitz, and his past defenses were almost constantly blitzing as even he stated the worst he has even been in sacks was 11th. This years Bills are 29th in sacks.

In the last game against the Patriots in week 11 Tom Brady was under tremendous pressure all game long, and that was to the tune of 20 of his 40 drop backs. Rex Ryan hadn't run that same scheme all year up until that game, and he hasn't run it again since.

Currently the Bills defense is 23rd against the pass, and 15th against the run, so I'd have to say if they are struggling somewhere its against the pass. Considering the gap control defensive scheme the Bills are running this year it is a bit disconcerting the Bills are not doing better against the run. Still this is Rex Ryan's 2015 craptastic defense. A lesson on how to neuter three all pro's on the D line.