Gilmore Injury Updates: Placed on IR

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do they tackle like that? It seems like our guys get hurt more often when they just try and crash into other players full speed. Hit him and wrap him up. Hope he is ok.

He ALWAYS tackles like that. I can recall at least two other times that he dove with his shoulder and hurt himself. He also has a knack for diving with his shoulder and missing tackles (ie. the TD yesterday)

Thanks for the info Doc.

Gilmore is not built for a tackling

He's built fine for tackling, if he'd learn how to tackle. You don't throw you shoulder at a guy and hope it knocks him down. You wrap him up. Winfield was often the smallest guy on the field and was one of the best tacklers out there.

He's built fine for tackling, if he'd learn how to tackle. You don't throw you shoulder at a guy and hope it knocks him down. You wrap him up. Winfield was often the smallest guy on the field and was one of the best tacklers out there.

Winfield had some of the biggest hits I've ever seen...I remember he absolutely destroyed a 250 or 260 lb tight end once, still one of the best hits I've ever seen...

He ALWAYS tackles like that. I can recall at least two other times that he dove with his shoulder and hurt himself. He also has a knack for diving with his shoulder and missing tackles (ie. the TD yesterday)

He hurt himself in preseason IIRC on a similar play where he just gets low to stop the receiver.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

why does it take a day for an MRI? You'd think the team would have one at the facility or easy access to one now?

High end MRI equipment and facility would be a few million dollars and high annual maintenance costs associated with staffing it. However the information gathered say 18 hours earlier would be of little practical value. Whereas the team obviously does throw it's money at the problem by ensuring they have access to an MRI on Monday after a game - something you or I could not do for anything short of a potentially life threatening injury.

As an orthopedic surgeon - an acute shoulder dislocation is not a good injury. In a young male athlete is almost always associated with a rotator cuff tear or worse a bone impaction injury that can lead to more dislocations... If it is a true shoulder dislocation he will be placed on IR.

A shoulder separation is an AC joint (its not really the shoulder) injury and is generally 4 weeks or less to recover

Good stuff, man. Thanks.

Same.

Its sore for a few days, but he may be able to play next week if it was just a dislocation and it wasn't dislocated for a long period of time.

My separated shoulder (at age 22) put me out of work (electrician) for 4 weeks.

I haven't read through this thread but I just have a real bad feeling about this...the Bills' prospects change drastically if Gilmore is done for the year.

It would concern me most if he's out against Washington with them having to defend DeSean Jackson.

Yep...his technique is the issue.

The Eagles receivers, between Matthews, Huff, Cooper, and Agholor are just not very good. This is one week we can probably afford to have him out. Brooks scares me though. AW is not going to be back. The Eagle TEs are pretty good so we can't afford to play Dookie Williams. We need Leodis to step up and play decent at CB and we need Graham/Rambo to not get hurt.

The Eagles receivers, between Matthews, Huff, Cooper, and Agholor are just not very good. This is one week we can probably afford to have him out. Brooks scares me though. AW is not going to be back. The Eagle TEs are pretty good so we can't afford to play Dookie Williams. We need Leodis to step up and play decent at CB and we need Graham/Rambo to not get hurt.

getting to Bradford should help too - he's so inaccurate when he's under pressure.

getting to Bradford should help too - he's so inaccurate when he's under pressure.

Perhaps, but is Jason Peters still playing at a best-to-ever-play-the-position-and-not-paying-him-is-the-reason-the-Bills-have-stunk-for-15-years level?

As an orthopedic surgeon - an acute shoulder dislocation is not a good injury. In a young male athlete is almost always associated with a rotator cuff tear or worse a bone impaction injury that can lead to more dislocations... If it is a true shoulder dislocation he will be placed on IR.

A shoulder separation is an AC joint (its not really the shoulder) injury and is generally 4 weeks or less to recover

rejoice - for once, an actual MD commenting on a player's injury