Why Tyrod is our franchise QB heading into next year

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple years ago they used to compare EJ's first few games to Peyton Manning's early career.

It's not about comparing the two, It is about saying "Hey look, this guy isn't peyton manning yet, but neither was peyton manning.". I know, I know, the eye test is far superior.

After watching pre-season I knew Taylor gave us the best shot at winning. He has his flaws but at least he doesnt turn the ball over. He is also still a rookie basically. You can dook on him cuz he learned behind Flacco for years but anyone whos played sports at the HS or College level knows playin in practice and playin in a game are 2 different things. Some people have it some people dont, these are the players you call "gamers". They make plays regardless of their physical or mental short comings Ex: RAMBO. So I agree Taylor has a good chance of being our franchise QB if he shows growth and development after this season. Mainly stepping up in the pocket, using the middle of the field more and anticipating his throws more. We should still draft a QB if hes the bpa because thats what good teams do.

He will get better.

My main concern is him staying healthy. I want them to get another highly ranked prospect in the draft.

Couldn't agree more on all counts. This team is screaming for OLine, linebackers and safety depth. And of course some stronger coaching would be nice.

So far he's 5-4 as a starter and on pace to be 1 game over .500 (like Orton last season).

Great stats in 2 wins against a poor Miami team. RAT - 136.7 and 146.5

Here's that stat again. Buffalo still has 0 wins when passing more than 30 times.

Sundays game against KC was another game with over 30 passes ending in a loss, (that's now 4 for TT).

So is it the run game, the O Line, the QB, execution or coaching?

Why is it that the Bills have not won a game when passing for 30 or more times?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

So far he's 5-4 as a starter and on pace to be 1 game over .500 (like Orton last season).

Great stats in 2 wins against a poor Miami team. RAT - 136.7 and 146.5

Here's that stat again. Buffalo still has 0 wins when passing more than 30 times.

Sundays game against KC was another game with over 30 passes ending in a loss, (that's now 4 for TT).

So is it the run game, the O Line, the QB, execution or coaching?

Why is it that the Bills have not won a game when passing for 30 or more times?

Probably because we pass more when we are behind (losing). Tyrod may or may not be the answer which is why they should draft someone with potential, but Tyrod is a decent starter to fill the gap. If he gets better, awesome! if he stays the same, then good thing we drafted someone.

Tyrod needs to run more. It provides an extra angle that is tough to defend. The more he runs, the more spies and pass rushers they will counter with. The more spies and pass rushers, the more open the passing lanes become over the middle. Unfortunately, it comes with an exponentially greater risk of injury especially considering his is no Cam Newton size wise.

He is not our problem this year at all. It's our D. When you lose Kyle Williams, Mario Williams, Aaron Williams to injury. You lose significant depth at DLine and LB so when your starters do go out, you aren't playing with your second string guys (which was a strength of ours in camp) you are playing with 3rd, 4th, and PS guys instead, it makes a huge difference. Jairus Wynn, Ty Powell, now Alex Carrington all hurt big time. We lost Bradham last week and the guy who replaced him got cut the next day because he was so terrible. Yeah, every team has injuries, but not every team loses their best players AND their backups.

Edited by Mark80