For all of those still pinning over Kiko Alonso

Protocal69

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trade is working out exactly as I thought it would. McCoy is the stud RB the Bills have needed and Kiko is damaged goods. I wish Kiko had been able to stay healthy and build on his great first half of his rookie season, but it wasn't meant to be.

I'll admit I was mixed on the trade due to the contract and Shady's age for his position, but one thing most of us recognized was that Kiko was not that great after his first outstanding month in the NFL. That, and the injury history. It's early but so far I'm glad we definitely have McCoy.

Love McCoy. Just saying that some other team or player sucking doesn't make me feel better about my team underachieving.

This ^ We definitely got the better end of the trade. That being said I'm in no mood to be happy about it. With the trade we won't be in the playoffs, without the trade we wouldn't be in the playoffs. I've been pleasantly surprised that he still has the ability to cut on a dime. At the same time he's the eleventh ranked back in the NFL, and the thirteenth by yards per carry. Not awful, but I doubt he's going to pro bowl either. I really hate making negative posts. The issue is this team has me at a point where I don't have a lot positive to say. A lot of us have gotten to the point where we treat the Bills like our childrens youth soccer team. Always finding something to praise, even when nothing positive exists. I don't see anything good from the trade because we're still irrelevant losers. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

"Pining." Pinning is...well, no one, not even Chuck Norris, pins Kiko Alonso.

Edit: and what the !@#$ is a "protocal?"

OP = spelling wizard. "Protocal69" is one sweet handle .....

Protocal is offshoot of Protocol which is means procedure. I changed it to Protocal as in Pro TO Call like when your girl calls me to !@#$.

I would have used Protocall. I didnt like the way it looked on screen.

Any other questions!

That totally explains it - now I can carry on with my day

The trade is working out exactly as I thought it would. McCoy is the stud RB the Bills have needed and Kiko is damaged goods. I wish Kiko had been able to stay healthy and build on his great first half of his rookie season, but it wasn't meant to be.

I have to admit, I was not a fan of the trade, but it seems to have worked out in our favor so far. The think with Kiko is he missed a ton of time, including most of training camp in a new system. He's now missed 5 gaves to boot, so of course he's behind. I don't think he's damaged goods tho. He's healthy, next year with a full training camp with Chip Kelly's system (presuming he's not fired or quits) Kiko will be a very good if not great player. He has great instict's and he will get better with the run as he matures and develops.

BigPappy

Kiko was such a stud MLB that in his second year Whaley signed spikes and drafted Preston Brown. Even whaley, and certainly the coaching staff pegged him as a great pursuit and cover guy that was weak at the point of attack in the run game, who sucked at shedding blocks. Since he blew out the knee who knows where and how much he would have played. The bills run d was ranked about 10 spots higher with the same front 4 and brown/spikes.

So with the whole world knowing this chip arrogantly plays him in the middle anyway and teams run right at him for huge gains.

Protocal is offshoot of Protocol which is means procedure. I changed it to Protocal as in Pro TO Call like when your girl calls me to !@#$.

I would have used Protocall. I didnt like the way it looked on screen.

Any other questions!

And presumably the '69' part is because you're still in that awkward teen stage where you think it's cool to make a sexual reference anytime you can although you've never actually had sex?

I have to admit, I was not a fan of the trade, but it seems to have worked out in our favor so far. The think with Kiko is he missed a ton of time, including most of training camp in a new system. He's now missed 5 gaves to boot, so of course he's behind. I don't think he's damaged goods tho. He's healthy, next year with a full training camp with Chip Kelly's system (presuming he's not fired or quits) Kiko will be a very good if not great player. He has great instict's and he will get better with the run as he matures and develops.

BigPappy

It's possible but I doubt it happens. But we shall see.

The defensive line has aged, the Bills depth at the line is terrible, and looking at it we need to look to bolster and build for the future. A lot of the trades being swung were agreed upon through Rex, Whaley, and ownership. McCoy fits the offensive, the defensive line looks much worse for wear because we did not count on the injury factors, and an aging duct tape all-stars line. Hughes can switch into a hybrid role of coverage and edge rushing. Which could replace Mario and could be the end of Whaley.

The defensive line has aged, the Bills depth at the line is terrible, and looking at it we need to look to bolster and build for the future. A lot of the trades being swung were agreed upon through Rex, Whaley, and ownership. McCoy fits the offensive, the defensive line looks much worse for wear because we did not count on the injury factors, and an aging duct tape all-stars line. Hughes can switch into a hybrid role of coverage and edge rushing. Which could replace Mario and could be the end of Whaley.

No depth is right. Scary thing is, this team has a ton of holes if you really think about it.