It is time to hire that football consultant

With 5 weeks left in the season and once again down the path of another bad season it is time that the Pegulas hire that czar, football guy or whatever ya want to call him. It's time to start looking at what should be saved and kept and what should be shown the door as soon as possible. The entire organization from top to bottom needs to be looked at. tHese failures like radios not charged, no video for booth guys etc just a few hints of organization dysfunction.

By doing this now the person can be evaluating everything and start building a plan for January instead of having to move quickly while other teams start gobbling up good front office and coaching talent.

No. It is time to admit that their first coaching search did literally become a personality contest and make Rex a 1 and done coach and hire the right man.

I firmly believe we have the right GM in place. I firmly believe we have a talented roster (the most talented since the drought began). The coaching is letting this team down.

No. It is time to admit that their first coaching search did literally become a personality contest and make Rex a 1 and done coach and hire the right man.

I firmly believe we have the right GM in place. I firmly believe we have a talented roster (the most talented since the drought began). The coaching is letting this team down.

This.

Let's try something new. Have the GM hire the head coach, not the owner and the marketing guys. Flush this turd staff down the toilet now before things really start to stink, l believe we've seen enough since we've been down this path way too many times.

This....

I agree with the op and have agreed since day 1. It really really irks me that polian was as good as hired and someone within the organization drove him away.

To botch up challenges like that is stone age and indicates continual organizational failure

Challenge failures is on the coach who has to have a learning disability from what I have observed this season.

This.

Let's try something new. Have the GM hire the head coach, not the owner and the marketing guys. Flush this turd staff down the toilet now before things really start to stink, l believe we've seen enough since we've been down this path way too many times.

The "football czar" on other teams IS the GM.

This nonsense of Whaley not involved completely in the Rex hiring is pure revisionist history. Whaley loved Rex and hired him with the Pegulas. This is a matter of fact.

The Bills need a real GM, not some kid who used to scout for the Steelers.

Even if we hire a football czar, the team won't get immediately better.

I very much doubt the czar will fire Rex, or change him very much. With Rex's track record on the defensive side of the ball - which admittedly is a very good one - he's not going to get fired this quickly nor is he going to change his defensive philosophy.

Plus, you've got to worry about hiring coaches and GMs in the future if your czar becomes a meddler.

As a long term idea, I like the idea of hiring a czar if he's someone who wisely advises the Pegulas on how to be good owners.

This nonsense of Whaley not involved completely in the Rex hiring is pure revisionist history. Whaley loved Rex and hired him with the Pegulas. This is a matter of fact.

To the bolded: And not someone who risked the team's future on a first round QB that many at OBD knew was not working by the end of 2013.

Whaley may not have been able to hire his own HC in 2013 and again this year. But the GM played political games at QB in 2014 and 2015 which have been more about him saving his job/reputation than the team. But it's not surprising this happened when a career minded guy like a GM has a new boss he's not sure approves of him.

Even if we hire a football czar, the team won't get immediately better.

I very much doubt the czar will fire Rex, or change him very much. With Rex's track record on the defensive side of the ball - which admittedly is a very good one - he's not going to get fired this quickly nor is he going to change his defensive philosophy.

Plus, you've got to worry about hiring coaches and GMs in the future if your czar becomes a meddler.

As a long term idea, I like the idea of hiring a czar if he's someone who wisely advises the Pegulas on how to be good owners.

Just things like: have a guy in the booth who constantly looks at reviewable plays and has a good handle on managing risk/reward and knows situational decisions.

The fact that our head coach scratches his head and blames it on Arrowhead Stadium not showing enough replays on the scoreboard reflects really bad on this organization.

Something still stinks in OBD. We have consistent leaks going on that shows that there is a level of disfunction still going on. Whaley 'went rogue', the nonsense that came out before the Jacksonville game that the Bills were considering Manuel auditioning to be the full time starter, all the crap last year... Its broke, we are still in groundhog day. Nothing has gotten better. Nix, Whaley, Levy, brandon, Rex, marrone, Jauron, Mularkey, Greggo.... its all the same flavored feces.

Edited by May Day 10

If I am Terry Pugula I am not putting up with this nonsense anymore. I would suspend Rex for 1 week he would have to stay home away from the stadium. Roman would run the team. This is a Billion dollar franchise. If there is not a HD TV in the Bills both with the CBS feed then this is a problem. I don't care if you got to send a equipment manager down to the local Walmart in Kanas City and buy a TV for use in the booth. Don't depend on or count on the local team to put replays up. This is not that hard and it's should be a priority. These games are too important to be working in the blind. If there was someone in the booth and they did have the CBS feed and did not tell Rex then this guy should be fired. There needs to be someone in the booth or someone, some where with direct communication to Rex to let him know what is going on and when to challenge. If I can sit at home and see this and know what the right thing to do is. Then it is really inexcusable that the Bills can't do this. The person who is watching the local CBS feed like we are at home will have a important job and this should be his only job. Do you think the patriots leave it to chance that the local team will give them the replays. So if I'm Terry Pugula I want a investigation on what really happened.

We are losing games because of game mismanagement that can easily be corrected.

Rex should be suspended to make him learn a lesson on his total cluster he is running. Maybe a suspension will make him realize that he needs to do a better job. Other things that bother me concerning game preparation are not practicing in practice each week how to hurry to the line of scrimmage to get a play off that was close and it might get a red flag by the other coach. This is about attention to detail also Why Tyrod has to get plays from the sidelines and wait for them while there in a 2 minute drill. Again WTF are we doing all week during practice. Is Tyrod incapable

of calling his own plays and running the offense with out getting plays from the side lines. Again this is called game preparation. I see so much that is wrong and it all starts with Rex. Maybe a 1 game suspension with pay and Rex takes a step back from it all will make him realize he can do a better job. These things I just mentioned need to be brought up and discussed with Rex and to make him realize he can do a better job. Some times being called out and suspended can have a positive effect. I like Rex the man, but what I don't like is what he is allowing to happen. If I'm Terry Pugula that's what I would be doing on this Monday morning.

Which is precisely why I don't want a "czar." I think Whaley is the right man. I have never doubted he was involved in the hiring of Rex Ryan - but it wasn't his personal decision either was it? It was clearly a group decision which might be part of the problem. Let one man hire the HC, whether that is Pegula or Brandon or Whaley I don't care.

Whaley has improved this roaster, he has given the coach the tools to win.

Fire Rex Ryan.

Which is precisely why I don't want a "czar." I think Whaley is the right man. I have never doubted he was involved in the hiring of Rex Ryan - but it wasn't his personal decision either was it? It was clearly a group decision which might be part of the problem. Let one man hire the HC, whether that is Pegula or Brandon or Whaley I don't care.

Whaley has improved this roaster, he has given the coach the tools to win.

Fire Rex Ryan.

in my view the czar needs to look at entire organization scouting, equipment issues, strength and conditioning, water boys, towel guys and whatever else one needs to run a successful organization. I don't believe it is just fact the cheaters have Brady that has made them successful since Kraft bought team. If that's the GMs job than ok but I guess than Whaley is failing on issues like replay equipment, radios not charged etc. maybe the first step is firing the clown and maybe the circus will finally die

If I am Terry Pugula I am not putting up with this nonsense anymore. I would suspend Rex for 1 week he would have to stay home away from the stadium. Roman would run the team. This is a Billion dollar franchise. If there is not a HD TV in the Bills both with the CBS feed then this is a problem. I don't care if you got to send a equipment manager down to the local Walmart in Kanas City and buy a TV for use in the booth. Don't depend on or count on the local team to put replays up. This is not that hard and it's should be a priority. These games are too important to be working in the blind. If there was someone in the booth and they did have the CBS feed and did not tell Rex then this guy should be fired. There needs to be someone in the booth or someone, some where with direct communication to Rex to let him know what is going on and when to challenge. If I can sit at home and see this and know what the right thing to do is. Then it is really inexcusable that the Bills can't do this. The person who is watching the local CBS feed like we are at home will have a important job and this should be his only job. Do you think the patriots leave it to chance that the local team will give them the replays. So if I'm Terry Pugula I want a investigation on what really happened.

We are losing games because of game mismanagement that can easily be corrected.

Rex should be suspended to make him learn a lesson on his total cluster he is running. Maybe a suspension will make him realize that he needs to do a better job. Other things that bother me concerning game preparation are not practicing in practice each week how to hurry to the line of scrimmage to get a play off that was close and it might get a red flag by the other coach. This is about attention to detail also Why Tyrod has to get plays from the sidelines and wait for them while there in a 2 minute drill. Again WTF are we doing all week during practice. Is Tyrod incapable

of calling his own plays and running the offense with out getting plays from the side lines. Again this is called game preparation. I see so much that is wrong and it all starts with Rex. Maybe a 1 game suspension with pay and Rex takes a step back from it all will make him realize he can do a better job. These things I just mentioned need to be brought up and discussed with Rex and to make him realize he can do a better job. Some times being called out and suspended can have a positive effect. I like Rex the man, but what I don't like is what he is allowing to happen. If I'm Terry Pugula that's what I would be doing on this Monday morning.

It's deja vu all over again!