I Hope We Don't Lose Whaley Because Of Rex

H2o

Whaley has assembled some solid talent on this team. We have the players to compete with and win against ANY team in the NFL. The difference is coaching. Rex, Thurman, and Roman are clueless out there. They have shown this time and time again in numerous ways schematically, with gameplans, and the lack adjustments. It's like we have the loud mouth version of Jauron out there. I hope the Pegulas make bringing Doug back a priority and allow him to fully take the reigns. I also hope he doesn't look at this situation and say "f*** it, I'm out." He could see this as a no win situation. I hope not, but it could happen.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley has assembled some solid talent on this team. We have the players to compete with and win against ANY team in the NFL. The difference is coaching. Rex, Thurman, and Roman are clueless out there. They have shown this time and time again in numerous ways schematically, with gameplans, and the lack adjustments. It's like we have the loud mouth version of Jauron out there. I hope the Pegulas make bringing Doug back a priority and allow him to fully take the reigns. I also hope he doesn't look at this situation and say "f*** it, I'm out." He could see this as a no win situation. I hope not, but it could happen.

Whaley has 6 years with the team. His contribution has us at 5-6, 5 1/2 games out first, in third place in the division. He is nothing special at all. There are dozens of NFL staffers that could step in and do the same.

Yeah, Whaley might just quit his gig as GM.

Holy cow.....

Yeah, Whaley might just quit his gig as GM.

Holy cow.....

He's in the final year of his deal

The fact that Doug Whaley is put on such a pedestal by Bills' fans is proof positive of the Stockholm Syndrome that has developed between this franchise and its fanbase over the past two decades.

Doug Whaley is a good scout. He has yet to prove he knows how to build or run a team.

Has he REALLY had the chance to do so? Marrone was Nix and Rex was Pegs. He hasn't had the control as say a Thompson

Whaley has 6 years with the team. His contribution has us at 5-6, 5 1/2 games out first, in third place in the division. He is nothing special at all. There are dozens of NFL staffers that could step in and do the same.

You nailed it!

The fact that Doug Whaley is put on such a pedestal by Bills' fans is proof positive of the Stockholm Syndrome that has developed between this franchise and its fanbase over the past two decades.

Doug Whaley is a good scout. He has yet to prove he knows how to build or run a team.

Another nail hit on the head!!!

He's in the final year of his deal

Has he REALLY had the chance to do so? Marrone was Nix and Rex was Pegs. He hasn't had the control as say a Thompson

Yes. He has really had the chance to build a team and execute a strategic vision for the roster. He has not succeeded yet. I don't hate him, but I'd get over it pretty quickly if he left.

Yes. He has really had the chance to build a team and execute a strategic vision for the roster. He has not succeeded yet. I don't hate him, but I'd get over it pretty quickly if he left.

It would be the final piece of removing Ralph Wilsons stench from the football operations and our owners would finally have all their own pieces to run it their way with their people.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

If there are dozens as you claim, then explain why there are at least a third of the teams that just never win. Year in and year out they lose, why because they too don't have a good GM. I've said for years the most important hire a team can have is the GM, more than the coach, players, etc. I could give a number of examples of teams that went from years of losing to becoming winners once they got a good GM.

Yes Whaley has been here 6 years, but not as GM. The roster does have the most talent it's had in years. Is it turning itn oa playoff team, so far no, but they are better now than when he arrived.

Wait? Whaley's been GM for six years? News to me.

I think what a lot of folks don't realize is that A LOT of teams have added a lot of talented players in the past few years.

There have been some really good draft classes.

I don't think Whaley has proven to be particularly exceptional.....nor has he been bad....but I don't think more turnover is better and I don't think letting Rex get more personnel power is a good idea AT ALL.

I think what a lot of folks don't realize is that A LOT of teams have added a lot of talented players in the past few years.

There have been some really good draft classes.

I don't think Whaley has proven to be particularly exceptional.....nor has he been bad....but I don't think more turnover is better and I don't think letting Rex get more personnel power is a good idea AT ALL.

I don't disagree but Rex is going to take credit for finding and pushing for Tyrod, which looks like it has worked out (relative to the other options). He may make a power play. I agree it will flop if he succeeds in taking more control of the roster.

Fans are finally starting to get this.

Gee, who would have thought going into the season with 4 backup QB's on the roster and nothing in the pipe to develop would end badly?

Fans are finally starting to get this.

Gee, who would have thought going into the season with 4 backup QB's on the roster and nothing in the pipe to develop would end badly?

You're right they should have whipped up a batch of instant Franchise QB. Then the season would have been saved. Easy!

I am totally behind this.