Bills' RB Coach Anthony Lynn Expected to Get HC Interviews

26CornerBlitz

@RapSheet

Three new names expected to get head-coach interviews: #Panthers OC Mike Shula, #Bills RB coach Anthony Lynn, #Seahawks OL coach Tom Cable.

@RapSheet

Discussed hot head coaching candidates on @NFLGameDay, and some we know from last year: Adam Gase, Josh McDaniels, Doug Marrone.

Yup. The #Panthers DC and #Lions DC Teryl Austin still names to consider RT @ndutton13: @RapSheet Any buzz re Sean McDermott, Ian?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the output that Karlos has been giving has anything to do with that. Don't really know much about Lynn.

I imagine it's more about being well organized, well spoken well networked, etc.... Than handing him a franchise because one rookie looked good. Karlos doesn't hurt but can't imagine it's high on the list.

I understand the need for something like the Rooney Rule but would he be getting looks if not for that rule? The jump from position coach to head coach is a big one. I would want to see what he could do as a coordinator before hiring him personally

I don't know why they're still beating the Marrone HC candidate drum. I'd be surprised if he got any interviews and downright shocked if he got a job. His stock was supposedly highest last offseason and he got nothing.

if I recall from who was fluffing him up last offseason, it's Marrone's agent via Rapaport. Schefter another shill for the agents so I'm sure he will chime in too.

I understand the need for something like the Rooney Rule but would he be getting looks if not for that rule? The jump from position coach to head coach is a big one. I would want to see what he could do as a coordinator before hiring him personally

Mike Tomlin got the Steelers' HC job because of the Rooney Rule.

Mike Tomlin got the Steelers' HC job because of the Rooney Rule.

No he didn't. He got his hire on merit. He already had a Super Bowl ring serving as the DB coach in Tampa consistently marshaling one of the best units in the NFL, then served as a Defensive Coordinator of the number 8 defense in the league. When he was interviewed by Pittsburg, they had already interviewed a minority candidate for the position.

No he didn't. He got his hire on merit. He already had a Super Bowl ring serving as the DB coach in Tampa consistently marshaling one of the best units in the NFL, then served as a Defensive Coordinator of the number 8 defense in the league. When he was interviewed by Pittsburg, they had already interviewed a minority candidate for the position.

He would have never gotten the interview were it not for the rule.

I don't know why they're still beating the Marrone HC candidate drum. I'd be surprised if he got any interviews and downright shocked if he got a job. His stock was supposedly highest last offseason and he got nothing.

Unfortunately the reality is that Rex is making Marrone look good by comparative success this year.

The Bills added a big name coach.....a well respected OC......a bunch of players in FA/trade.....had a good draft.....and their record hasn't improved thru 10 games.

From the super close perspective of avid fans we don't see Rex and co mistakes as a positive on Marrone's ledger but the reality is that other teams may see it this way.

Winning 5 or 6 to finish out the season might be the best way to keep Marrone out of a HC job.

That's his agent feeding reporters "inside info.'

Unfortunately the reality is that Rex is making Marrone look good by comparative success this year.

The Bills added a big name coach.....a well respected OC......a bunch of players in FA/trade.....had a good draft.....and their record hasn't improved thru 10 games.

Actually the 2014 Bills were alao 5-5 at week 11.